Injury Report: Deangelo and Pesce (COVID-19)

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
I just wasn't sure if he would want them to get in a practice and if they'll have that chance before then. I personally would throw them in, but didn't they wait a game with Bear? I can't remember for sure.
They did wait a game with Bear but he also came out of protocol on game day for the Dallas game (I think) and hadn't skated in 10 days. While they won't have a practice in Pesce and TDA will at least have been skating for close to a week before the Minnie game. So in theory they should be a bit better off for that game if they come in.

Reactions: cptjeff and geehaad

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm curious if we keep playing Chatfield.

Also it's nonsense that we have a different government system that prevents us from playing two key players. I know nothing is ideal with COVID, and I'm all about COVID safety, but seriously that screws our team for a hugely important road trip. If we happened to play Minnesota, Seattle, and Colorado instead of the Canadian teams this literally wouldn't happen.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

Also it's nonsense that we have a different government system that prevents us from playing two key players. I know nothing is ideal with COVID, and I'm all about COVID safety, but seriously that screws our team for a hugely important road trip. If we happened to play Minnesota, Seattle, and Colorado instead of the Canadian teams this literally wouldn't happen.

Imagine if this comes up in the playoffs, which it very well could... 2 teams both have covid issues at the same time, 1 team is playing Boston and can bring their players back after the 10 days, other team is playing Edmonton and has key players forced to miss 2 road games after the 10 days are up and they would be eligible to play in the US. Would have to be extremely unlucky timing to happen then but it's already happened to us with very unlikely timing in the regular season...

Reactions: Discipline Daddy

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I just wasn't sure if he would want them to get in a practice and if they'll have that chance before then. I personally would throw them in, but didn't they wait a game with Bear? I can't remember for sure.

Pesce and TDA should be in Minnesota ahead of the rest of the team and able to get in a morning skate. It's not a B2B so they should be able to get at least a morning skate in to confirm Pesce and TDA are good to go.

Reactions: AD Skinner

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I get all of that, but not like I'll be shocked if Brindy waits. We'll see how things have gone the previous few games to that one as well.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

They are still easing Bear in a bit, I’m assuming he had symptoms. I could be wrong though. I’m sure Pesce and TDA are going to be skating in full starting today.

Reactions: Tryamw

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Like I said, I'd throw them in, especially given ramp up time. Brindy probably will too, I just don't think it's an absolute slam dunk.

Reactions: Tryamw

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Like I said, I'd throw them in, especially given ramp up time. Brindy probably will too, I just don't think it's an absolute slam dunk.
If it’s Rod’s choice, he might keep playing the others if we are winning. However, I think roster moves will be the deciding factor. Can’t have 25.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

It’s just the cost of doing business in a league that has teams in multiple counties, I think. Players miss camps and games all the time due to visa issues. Shit happens.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
It’s just the cost of doing business in a league that has teams in multiple counties, I think. Players miss camps and games all the time due to visa issues. Shit happens.
Yep, that's my attitude too. Does it kinda suck right now? Sure. But we also had fans last year and Canadian teams didn't, we had vaccines earlier and teams were able to resume normal-ish team activities earlier because of it. Canadian rules keeping players who have finished protocol out another couple of days is annoying, but in the long run, it's just part of the randomness of an 82 game season.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
If they are now cleared to play, how does the roster situation work right now? Are they on it, but healthy scratches? If so, who was sent down? If not on the roster, but not in the protocol, where are they?

*waiting for the “in Raleigh” post…..

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
If they are now cleared to play, how does the roster situation work right now? Are they on it, but healthy scratches? If so, who was sent down? If not on the roster, but not in the protocol, where are they?

*waiting for the “in Raleigh” post…..

It’s my understanding since Canada has a 14 day wait period instead of 10 days the Canes can keep Pesce and TDA on the NHL Non- Roster list until the Canes return to play in the states. i.e. Minneapolis on Tuesday.

Reactions: MinJaBen and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad