Injury Report: Deangelo and Pesce (COVID-19)

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
When these guys return, 2of the 3 (Smith, lejoie,Chatfield) will be sent down.....do you think each of onr of these guys will clear waivers or is there 1 you feel would be claimed?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
When these guys return, 2of the 3 (Smith, lejoie,Chatfield) will be sent down.....do you think each of onr of these guys will clear waivers or is there 1 you feel would be claimed?

Do they have to clear waivers if they were call ups do to COVID? That seems like bullshit if you ask me...

Reactions: cptjeff

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think if they don’t play 10 games or aren’t on the roster for 30 days, the Canes can send them down without waivers. Smith would probably be he only guy that would need to be waived and I suspect the Canes will not be sending him down anyway.

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
I think if they don’t play 10 games or aren’t on the roster for 30 days, the Canes can send them down without waivers. Smith would probably be he only guy that would need to be waived and I suspect the Canes will not be sending him down anyway.
The 30 day rule is…….if they have already cleared waivers within the last 30 days, then they are exempt……..Lajoie and Chatfield last cleared waivers in mid October

Reactions: Tryamw

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The 30 day rule is…….if they have already cleared waivers within the last 30 days, then they are exempt……..Lajoie and Chatfield last cleared waivers in mid October

I don't believe that is correct (unless the 2020 addendum changed it). The CBA rule states:

13.2 The "Playing Season Waiver Period" shall begin on the twelfth (12th) day prior to the start of the Regular Season and end on the day following the last day of a Club's Playing Season. Subject to the provisions of this Article, the rights to the services of a Player may be Loaned to a club of another league, upon fulfillment of the following conditions, except when elsewhere expressly prohibited:
(a) Regular Waivers were requested and cleared during the Playing Season Waiver Period; and
(b) the Player has not played in ten (10) or more NHL Games cumulative since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared, and more than thirty (30) days cumulative on an NHL roster have not passed since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared.

It says nothing about about them clearing waivers 30 days ago. The 30 days references time on an NHL roster.

Also, Capfriendly states:
Exemptions

1. A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, and has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b)
  2. A player whom consented to a Conditioning Loan can be Loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 14 days without passing through waivers. CBA Reference 13.8
  3. A player whom was previously on long-term injured reserve (LTIR), may be loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 6 days or 3 games for the purpose of determining if the player is fit to play. This player does not need to pass through waivers. CBA Reference 13.9

Last edited:

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
I don't believe that is correct (unless the 2020 addendum changed it). The CBA rule states:

13.2 The "Playing Season Waiver Period" shall begin on the twelfth (12th) day prior to the start of the Regular Season and end on the day following the last day of a Club's Playing Season. Subject to the provisions of this Article, the rights to the services of a Player may be Loaned to a club of another league, upon fulfillment of the following conditions, except when elsewhere expressly prohibited:
(a) Regular Waivers were requested and cleared during the Playing Season Waiver Period; and
(b) the Player has not played in ten (10) or more NHL Games cumulative since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared, and more than thirty (30) days cumulative on an NHL roster have not passed since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared.

It says nothing about about them clearing waivers 30 days ago. The 30 days references time on an NHL roster.

Also, Capfriendly states:
Exemptions

1. A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, and has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b)
  2. A player whom consented to a Conditioning Loan can be Loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 14 days without passing through waivers. CBA Reference 13.8
  3. A player whom was previously on long-term injured reserve (LTIR), may be loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 6 days or 3 games for the purpose of determining if the player is fit to play. This player does not need to pass through waivers. CBA Reference 13.9
thanks…….the lawyer speak always trips me up

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
upload_2021-12-7_19-37-15.png

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm not sure if Brindy will want to put them in for Minny but at least if they are needed they should have plenty of time to ramp things up this week.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I'm not sure if Brindy will want to put them in for Minny but at least if they are needed they should have plenty of time to ramp things up this week.

He said they didn’t have any symptoms so I don’t see why he wouldn’t play them as soon as they are available (the border nonsense notwithstanding)

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
He said they didn’t have any symptoms so I don’t see why he wouldn’t play them as soon as they are available (the border nonsense notwithstanding)
I just wasn't sure if he would want them to get in a practice and if they'll have that chance before then. I personally would throw them in, but didn't they wait a game with Bear? I can't remember for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad