Management Dean Evason - Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't think you're wrong at all. I was in the camp that dean needed to go based on the abysmal season so far coupled with the playoffstruggles in his tenure. But we all know this isn't an upgrade. This is a GM, for right or wrong, making the only real change he can make here and now. I still think Dean needed to go, just not very optimistic this affects any real change.
It's a definite downgrade. The only bright spot is that maybe the players will listen to a new voice.

I view this as "the tank must go on, but I need to look like I care" from Bill Guerin.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
It's a definite downgrade. The only bright spot is that maybe the players will listen to a new voice.

I view this as "the tank must go on, but I need to look like I care" from Bill Guerin.

I could see this being a worst case scenario type thing, where we get a bad coach with a "new coach honeymoon period" which ruins the tank.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
We’ve won 5 games out of 20 and the arena is sold out most every night. I don’t understand why he puts so much emphasis on being consistently mediocre. I wonder if it’s one of those things where these older owners don’t have time (literally) to wait around through a rebuild. He might not make it out the other side.
How old is CL?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

I'd have no issue with this logic but it certainly doesn't help that he handed out 15 NMCs. I'm convinced that Bill still thinks this is a playoff team.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Dean did not know how to coach in the most very basic form. He let his defense pairs over extend shifts on most every night. I thought it would get better as Dumba was the worst of the bunch. Always extending his shits so he might get a point and then being gassed when he could not get off. Good for the Wild, now lets see how the next coach manages this specific problem.

Reactions: Lapa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad