Management Dean Evason - Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Does anyone feel that until there is actually new ownership, we'll just be in repeat mode regardless of who the GM and Coaches are?

If the owner has a say in every single move, how can we put 100% blame on the GM or coaches?

Yes. The stink starts at the very top.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the most intriguing thing from all of this is that Darby's polaroids have saved his butt again.

Starting to think whoever gave him that job gave him a lifetime contract that no one else can break.

Reactions: mezcal

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Maybe now he can find some time out of his busy schedule to get a haircut.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Does anyone feel that until there is actually new ownership, we'll just be in repeat mode regardless of who the GM and Coaches are?

If the owner has a say in every single move, how can we put 100% blame on the GM or coaches?
Not going to have a new owner anytime soon...CL is here for the long haul.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Guerin keeping his job while Evason is fired feels wrong. Had to happen, but Evason was less at fault for this team’s troubles than Guerin.

Someone will see what Evason got out of this milquetoast roster during the 21-22 & 22-23 seasons and scoop him up right away.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Could probably just copy and paste together the ones they likely had on the Preds and Devils boards and simply add on to the ever running thread of misery.

Was thinking after reading some of the reviews of Hynes that we just strikethrough Evason's name in the title and put John Hynes after, since it sounds like it'll be the same coach

Reactions: MK9

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Guerin keeping his job while Evason is fired feels wrong. Had to happen, but Evason was less at fault for this team’s troubles than Guerin.

Someone will see what Evason got out of this milquetoast roster during the 21-22 & 22-23 seasons and scoop him up right away.
Yes. At the same time, the difference between the two felt pretty negligible.

I can't say I believe that to be true at all.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

2021-22 was Fiala going bonkers. 2022-23 was Gus going bonkers.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Crazy how quickly the talk has turned to ownership. So long as we have an owner that's willing to spend to the cap, even knowing his interest is likely in the bottom line, ibdont have any issues

Reactions: mezcal

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
2021-22 was Fiala going bonkers. 2022-23 was Gus going bonkers.
Maybe I’m being sentimental because he was a likable coach. But I think he got good mileage out of the parts he was given for the most part.

I think ideally he is an assistant, struggles with the Xs and Os

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Was thinking after reading some of the reviews of Hynes that we just strikethrough Evason's name in the title and put John Hynes after, since it sounds like it'll be the same coach
How does it sound like it will be the same coach?

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
How does it sound like it will be the same coach?
I don't think you're wrong at all. I was in the camp that dean needed to go based on the abysmal season so far coupled with the playoffstruggles in his tenure. But we all know this isn't an upgrade. This is a GM, for right or wrong, making the only real change he can make here and now. I still think Dean needed to go, just not very optimistic this affects any real change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad