Management Dean Evason - Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
what ae peoples opinions on Evason? we have seen a much better OT record since he has taken over, also see a team that works hard every night and a team ou cant ever count out of a game? how much credit should Dean get? Obviously this season will be a true test on how we judge him but so far I think he has done a great job.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
what ae peoples opinions on Evason? we have seen a much better OT record since he has taken over, also see a team that works hard every night and a team ou cant ever count out of a game? how much credit should Dean get? Obviously this season will be a true test on how we judge him but so far I think he has done a great job.

Personnel decisions are still a head scratcher at times, but definitely much improved from last season. Can’t deny that the team just seems to never quit and pulls off a lot of wins that we never saw under the old guard.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

The PP/PK are things I put directly on the coaches, and MN stinks at both of those.

Part of the OT success I'll give him credit for. The team makes much better line changes than in the past. Players are put out there to win games on every shift.

Part of the recent OT success is due to having players like Kaprizov and Fiala that can go out and win the game on their own.

Reactions: Prior

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'll be honest, I have no idea what to think of him still. Seems to be working out okay? :dunno:

It's working, but it at any given moment it looks like it could all just blow up in a catastrophic failure.

I think part it is that MN hasn't really played or beaten anybody since Evason took over. Their Division last year was garbage. So far this year they haven't played anyone with a more wins than losses on the season. They are barely beating these teams too.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Tough to judge with the overall roster at even strength, but I've not been a fan of the PP since he joined the team as an assistant. It's only gotten worse with him holding the top job behind the bench.

We still have yet to play any really good team yet... either last year or this year so far.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I’m not sure how far this team can really go without a top tier defence pair or that many AHL ers. . I do know that a two goal lead to anyone was almost insurmountable before. The team first attitude was absent when two aging players ran the team.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Some of his utilization decisions are mind-boggling, but he gets results. He’s a players coach, and as long as he continues to win I’ll like him

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like him. Seems to be willing to try out new combos and change things up on the fly. Main thing is that players seem to play for him, and he doesn't seem to have an ego that gets in the way. The fact that this team doesn't give up late in games has something to do with him and the coaching staff, i think. He is probably not a big finger pointer.

I don't know why, but I also like that he has pretty crazy eyes. The exterior is otherwise unthreatening, but I have the feeling that he could snap, and cause a lot of damage. Players respect a coach who goes off once in a while, especially if he is kinda scary when he does.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I try not to quarrel too much with the line combos given the limited options, but the power play is infuriating.

6 on 5 powerplay is obviously pretty good ;)

But using Gaudreau, who almost never scores, as 2nd shootout guy...wtf

Wabit

May 23, 2016
6 on 5 powerplay is obviously pretty good ;)

But using Gaudreau, who almost never scores, as 2nd shootout guy...wtf

I'm going to guess it was the coaches going with the guy who knows the other goalie the best. Outside of Kap and Fiala everyone else was a guess for the SO. My guess was Hartman getting an attempt over Freddy G and Bjugstad.

Reactions: Webster

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I don't remember who said he looks like an old detective who's seen too much, but I agree with that take.

Sgt. Boudreau to Detective Evason: "Can you believe it? I'm only two weeks from retirement!"

Wild-AUTEY012.jpg

Also, he seems to be a pretty good coach? This team shouldn't win as much as they do. I don't know if that's him, chemistry, or an insane belief in themselves.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This team shouldn't win as much as they do. I don't know if that's him, chemistry, or an insane belief in themselves.

I think having Fiala and Kaprizov help that winning a lot. They have some of the Patrick Kane effect, where the team can be playing like garbage and one shot (great shift) from them turns the game around.

Angry Koivu had that same effect. When Angry Koivu appeared it was a game that MN was going to win.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I think having Fiala and Kaprizov help that winning a lot. They have some of the Patrick Kane effect, where the team can be playing like garbage and one shot (great shift) from them turns the game around.

Angry Koivu had that same effect. When Angry Koivu appeared it was a game that MN was going to win.

Dude... Angry Koivu was the best. Kind of off topic, but I hope he ends up somewhere on management within the org...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Was it here or somewhere else I read that koivu is not a good dude off the ice?

I don't recall anything like that around here. Strip the "C" was a yearly thing on here, but that was mostly because he appeared to be an emotionless robot most of the time.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't recall anything like that around here. Strip the "C" was a yearly thing on here, but that was mostly because he appeared to be an emotionless robot most of the time.

There was a whole thing here when he cheated on his wife too

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dude... Angry Koivu was the best. Kind of off topic, but I hope he ends up somewhere on management within the org...

I'm okay with that as long as it happens when everyone that was on the team with him is gone.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't remember that.

You might not have been here during that era. When he and his wife got divorced, she accused him of cheating, there was a lot of talk here about it. I didn't get too into it myself so I don't remember what was talked about or the conclusion anyone came to, but it was definitely a topic for a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad