Movies: DC's The Flash (starring Ezra Miller) - June 23rd, 2023

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
apparently they can not due to overseas contracts which Batgirl did not have. One of geek youtube channels I like was saying that one reason why Batgirl was killed was because overseas distributors were not willing to do what DC/WB needed. The Flash has had those contracts in place for 3 years and if they kill the flash they will have to pay out money to them. With Batgirl, they have shelved in for 2 years and then figure out what to do. 24 months is the magic number for being able to apply the entire lose towards their deficit.

some other geek youtube channels are suggesting that scenes with Grant Gustin were in fact reshoots and that Gustin from the TV show may take over the movie franchise
That could be possible given the next season of the TV is supposedly the last.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
apparently they can not due to overseas contracts which Batgirl did not have. One of geek youtube channels I like was saying that one reason why Batgirl was killed was because overseas distributors were not willing to do what DC/WB needed. The Flash has had those contracts in place for 3 years and if they kill the flash they will have to pay out money to them. With Batgirl, they have shelved in for 2 years and then figure out what to do. 24 months is the magic number for being able to apply the entire lose towards their deficit.

some other geek youtube channels are suggesting that scenes with Grant Gustin were in fact reshoots and that Gustin from the TV show may take over the movie franchise
I can only hope that is true. Miller is terrible in the role.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Saw parts of it and it was awful and poorly cast

The 94 series was not perfect (Made for TV) but casting was pretty damn good and for its time was well made given limited budget/resources of made for TV mini-series of 90's

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

DC and Warner Brother finally tossed a net on him and are doing the PR spin
It was really the only way out for him. And yes, I fully do buy the mental health issue with Miller. I would not be surprised if he's bi-polar or something else and been off his meds. I'm not sure if he'll be on the PR tours for the movie though.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It was really the only way out for him. And yes, I fully do buy the mental health issue with Miller. I would not be surprised if he's bi-polar or something else and been off his meds. I'm not sure if he'll be on the PR tours for the movie though.
It is obvious that he has issues. But with how much money is involved with the movie--DC and Warners had to do something--the wording of the press release is what got my attention.

"The are seeking...." the wording is what I find interesting. It is a spin. Hopefully who is every actually looking out for Ezra has his best interest in mind and not just the 300 mill or so spent on the movie

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
At first I was confused how Miller even has the f***ing the time to to pull off all of these assaults and other heinous actions. Then I remembered they’re the Flash.

Reactions: Vaheh

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Looks good, like that Pittsburgh's own Michael Keaton Douglas is back, I dig Batfleck's return LOVE him having the blue cape and cowl from the 70s and 80's comics, just wish they made him the alternate universe's Thomas Wayne Batman like in Flashpoint and just have him go even crazier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad