Movies: DC's The Flash (starring Ezra Miller) - June 23rd, 2023

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This whole project was just dumb. You had a hit show with The CW's Flash and confuse people with a less likable version of the same character.

The TV show peaked around 2016 or 2017 and that was the time to have a movie with that crew.

Now the show is in the post shark jumping phase, and this project is a hot hot mess. Everyone losses other than the people who want to see Keaton.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

This story gets crazier with every passing day

WB:

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

Reactions: Pink Mist

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
WTF is next with him.

This may slightly fall foul of HF rules---but the stuff he is doing looks to me to be related to substance abuse or mental health issues. Has to be one of the two...unless he just wants to sabotage his career? Which I do not understand. Until his was cast as The Flash, I only knew him from Californication and Royal pains--not sure what else he has done--maybe the pressure got to him?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
There's a hilarious thread on ResetEra about him/this situation. I guess WB is in too deep to write this one off.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There's a hilarious thread on ResetEra about him/this situation. I guess WB is in too deep to write this one off.
How much press will they want him to do before the movie comes out next year? Can’t really think it will go well if he goes on the press circuit. Even for the fellow cast members when they do press will be asked about him.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
How much press will they want him to do before the movie comes out next year? Can’t really think it will go well if he goes on the press circuit. Even for the fellow cast members when they do press will be asked about him.
I don't think he can/will be featured at all which is kind of a problem since he's the star! Going to have to be some creative marketing ala the Armie Hammer situation with Death on the Nile.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't think he can/will be featured at all which is kind of a problem since he's the star! Going to have to be some creative marketing ala the Armie Hammer situation with Death on the Nile.
Which puts into question the financial viability of the movie. Cost was what in the $200 mill range for it?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It's crazy and that is my thinking. Even Kevin Smith commented on how it's insane they cancelled the new Bat Girl movie but are letting Flash go even with all these insane moments.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It's crazy and that is my thinking. Even Kevin Smith commented on how it's insane they cancelled the new Bat Girl movie but are letting Flash go even with all these insane moments.
apparently they can not due to overseas contracts which Batgirl did not have. One of geek youtube channels I like was saying that one reason why Batgirl was killed was because overseas distributors were not willing to do what DC/WB needed. The Flash has had those contracts in place for 3 years and if they kill the flash they will have to pay out money to them. With Batgirl, they have shelved in for 2 years and then figure out what to do. 24 months is the magic number for being able to apply the entire lose towards their deficit.

some other geek youtube channels are suggesting that scenes with Grant Gustin were in fact reshoots and that Gustin from the TV show may take over the movie franchise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad