OT: F1 Racing 2024 Edit - Also Other Motor Racing

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Let us know what happens and who we should pay attention to. I’m not up on Indy racing but I’m happy to learn.
Chevy has the speed in their engines this weekend. Team Penske probably grabbing the pole tomorrow

But yeah, theres not a better qualifying than 4 consecutive laps at Indy with minimal downforce levels. 240mph entering the turn with max trim is wild

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
@My3Sons

IMG_6019.jpeg

Fast 12 from yesterday go for P1 today

Slowest 4 yesterday go into last chance qualifying, one will not make the show

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
@My3Sons

View attachment 873247

Fast 12 from yesterday go for P1 today

Slowest 4 yesterday go into last chance qualifying, one will not make the show
Ok I’ll put it on after we get lunch. The F1 race had actual drama today. McLaren finished less than a second behind Verstappen in a race where Verstappen’s car worked and he had the lead and it was just down to racing. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that?

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
@My3Sons

Speaking of McLaren, they have 3 cars in the fast 12 for Indy 500 qualifying. And one of them is Kyle Larson from NASCAR doing the Indy 500 and Coke 600 double next Sunday

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think I like the Indy car qualifying where they don’t just open the track to everyone at once. Avoids problems with slower cars .
The biggest reason is the drafting would cause crazier speeds, and it would be a mess like Monza qualifying where people would search for a tow. It’s not natural; the one off runs will show the best teams and drivers. IndyCar does this on ovals only, they do group qualifying on road and street circuits

And for comparison sake, Monza lap for F1 is 160 mph avg, these boys and girls are doing 233 mph avg on minimum downforce. Scary speeds, big consequences if they mess up

My3Sons

Sponsor
The biggest reason is the drafting would cause crazier speeds, and it would be a mess like Monza qualifying where people would search for a tow. It’s not natural; the one off runs will show the best teams and drivers. IndyCar does this on ovals only, they do group qualifying on road and street circuits

And for comparison sake, Monza lap for F1 is 160 mph avg, these boys and girls are doing 233 mph avg on minimum downforce. Scary speeds, big consequences if they mess up
That kid who had that fast time for Foyt was impressive

Reactions: NjDevsRR

My3Sons

Sponsor
Hes a POS person lol but a very good driver at Indy

FYI, zero power steering in these cars, so they are wrestling the steering, takes a lot of endurance to run the 500
I keep waiting for Verstappen to jump into the track and drive about 250 mph and the. Say he was fortunate to stay ahead of those McLarens

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I keep waiting for Verstappen to jump into the track and drive about 250 mph and the. Say he was fortunate to stay ahead of those McLarens
Max will never race an oval, he stated a few times that its too dangerous for him, which I get

I want to see Alonso go for the Indy 500, he will be one of the few drivers to win the triple crown of racing (500, Monaco and 24 hrs of LeMans)

He tried it 3 different times

My3Sons

Sponsor
Max will never race an oval, he stated a few times that its too dangerous for him, which I get

I want to see Alonso go for the Indy 500, he will be one of the few drivers to win the triple crown of racing (500, Monaco and 24 hrs of LeMans)

What about the LeMons race

HughesCorporation

in the box
Jan 27, 2023

Andretti is still king imo. he fricken won daytona, F1 champ and indy 500 champ guy was just fast he said, if you are in full control of your car, your just not driving fast enough.
let the family into F1 cowards

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
WOW, Ericsson with more problems. What in tarnation. Won it in 2022, may miss out.

Absolute horror show for him in his first season with Andretti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad