U18: Day 2 of the U18!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I feel for Willerscheid. In a now 7-0 pasting, he's been making some impressive saves. There aren't any goals I would look at and think "oh, he needs to have that one" (maybe the Dragicevic rush, maybe) and he faced down Barlow on the penalty shot.

Reactions: FourQuarters

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I feel for Willerscheid. In a now 7-0 pasting, he's been making some impressive saves. There aren't any goals I would look at and think "oh, he needs to have that one" (maybe the Dragicevic rush, maybe) and he faced down Barlow on the penalty shot.
He stood up to that 3 on 0 too. He's been solid

He certainly hasn't been the problem for Germany today.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wood has taken some abuse today. Fochs hit him high, now Vincens in the crease, the major on him earlier.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
It’s obviously against Canada so we really can’t take away too much from this game - our tournament is against the Swiss, Slovaks, Norwegians and Latvians.

It is a bit concerning that no one has really stood out in a good way though - I hope to watch the VOD later.

Maybe I am a bit too harsh. I would love to hear your thoughts if you get to watch the VOD.

My 3 stars for Germany in this game would be:

1st Star: Julius Sumpf
2nd Star: Leon Willerscheid
3rd Star: Norwin Panocha

I really think those three set themselves apart from the rest, and considering the quality of the opponent, I guess you could say they were good, but if you judge them by the same standard as the Canadians they certainly were not.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well this game will help Canada, they started to get their shit together afer the first period and they can build on this.

Just keep getting sharper each game so you're ready for the money games, that's what it's all about.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Panocha gets the German player of the game. Dragecevic gets it for Canada. I have forgotten who votes on those? Isn't it the team staff?

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Wood has taken some abuse today. Fochs hit him high, now Vincens in the crease, the major on him earlier.

He also dished out quite a bit, that "tripping" call was more of a kneeing than anything and before he took that shove to the face from Vinzens in the crease he lashed out and hit Vinzens in the face himself.

But overall yes, Wood was definitely taking some abuse tonight there were a couple more instances than the ones you mentioned, where he was on the receiving end of some unnecessary shoving or slashing.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Previous cases (in any IIHF competition) of a team winning with 8+ goals difference and losing with 8+ goals difference in consecutive games?

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
Ozols fighting for his life out there not getting much help meanwhile vedenpää looks like hes close to napping back there

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Kiviharju has been total boss defensivily this game... not that the Latvians are hardest test but wins every battle 100-0

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
In a good way? Nobody.

There are some who aren't terrible (Panocha mostly, Willerscheid and Sumpf)
A bunch are underwhelming based on what they should be able to do (Mayer and Tropmann and to a lesser degree Brandl, Bicker and Ruckdäschel)
The others have been either absolute non-factors (Schreiner, Fischer, Bosecker to name just a few) or really bad (Niehus in the short time he played, Jakovlev)

Maybe I should add Pul to the first group. He is doing ok as an underager.

Based on this game there is no way the team wins a single game in this group, but I think they will improve, so who knows.
I thought Panocha was excellent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad