U18: Day 2 of the U18!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1682082532499.png

Remember, these are very young boys and anything can happen!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Ooops... the gamecentre thing came up as I was screencapping

Canada vs Germany is under there and it is 1-0 for Canada in the first... oops 2-0. Shots are 16-2.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Ooops... the gamecentre thing came up as I was screencapping

Canada vs Germany is under there and it is 1-0 for Canada in the first... oops 2-0. Shots are 16-2.
The p.p comes to the rescue, still not a great first period from this Canadian team, much too loose.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Cristall at the bumper…?
I don't understand, he could play at the net, but he hardly at the bumper last two season

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The p.p comes to the rescue, still not a great first period from this Canadian team, much too loose.
Tale as old as time... most these teams have been together for weeks. Canada flies in, practices twice and works its way through. Not too worried about them being relegated.lol Second in the pool gets a nice crossover. Third sucks as it is one of US/Finland

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Button is starting to gush over Celebrini and I would mostly agree, smart player with quick passes weaving in and out of defenders. Maybe not as dynamic as Eiserman and Hagens but real effective player.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Best period by Canada so far real good hockey all around. This should help with their confidence, starting to get into a groove.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
How are the Germans playing - who has been impressive? I’m at work ATM so can’t catch the games.

Any standouts?

In a good way? Nobody.

There are some who aren't terrible (Panocha mostly, Willerscheid and Sumpf)
A bunch are underwhelming based on what they should be able to do (Mayer and Tropmann and to a lesser degree Brandl, Bicker and Ruckdäschel)
The others have been either absolute non-factors (Schreiner, Fischer, Bosecker to name just a few) or really bad (Niehus in the short time he played, Jakovlev)

Maybe I should add Pul to the first group. He is doing ok as an underager.

Based on this game there is no way the team wins a single game in this group, but I think they will improve, so who knows.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
In a good way? Nobody.

There are some who aren't terrible (Panocha mostly, Willerscheid and Sumpf)
A bunch are underwhelming based on what they should be able to do (Mayer and Tropmann and to a lesser degree Brandl, Bicker and Ruckdäschel)
The others have been either absolute non-factors (Schreiner, Fischer, Bosecker to name just a few) or really bad (Niehus in the short time he played, Jakovlev)

Maybe I should add Pul to the first group. He is doing ok as an underager.

Based on this game there is no way the team wins a single game in this group, but I think they will improve, so who knows.
It’s obviously against Canada so we really can’t take away too much from this game - our tournament is against the Swiss, Slovaks, Norwegians and Latvians.

It is a bit concerning that no one has really stood out in a good way though - I hope to watch the VOD later.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It’s obviously against Canada so we really can’t take away too much from this game - our tournament is against the Swiss, Slovaks, Norwegians and Latvians.

It is a bit concerning that no one has really stood out in a good way though - I hope to watch the VOD later.
I'd add Czechs to your list... good luck tomorrow. It's on Czech TV but not TSN. I expect a very close game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad