Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As of right now, what do you think his floor/ceiling could be?

top pairing D or 6th/7th type. He's been pretty inconsistent all year so at this point there's no way to really guess other then with his size, mobility, transition game, he's going to be an NHLer outside of injuries. But to me he looked like he has a long ways to go in his development still but we'll see what happens.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I see Reinbacher becoming a player similar to Mattias Ekholm and that’s a compliment. Ekholm has always, quietly, been one of the most effective defensive players in the game. He plays the hard minutes against the best opponents, and solidifies any pairing he’s placed on. He’s physical, moves the puck well, plays a simple and solid game, and always manages to put up 30-35 points a year and be a “plus” player. I see him being a top shutdown defender that can be paired with a more offensively minded guy and be relied upon to hold the fort.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Poor man's Nathan Beaulieu

Jokes aside, the last time we properly developed a good D we low balled him and ran him out of the city.

This organisation does not know how to develop Defencemen.

Chelios - Ran him out of town, won a Norris, was a good D for us... i always forget he was a hab once
Malakhov - Ran him out of town
Markov - Exception, din't speak english
Hainsey - He came, he left
Komisarek - After the Lucic fight... donzo.
McDonagh - We din't develop him
Tinordi - Chased him out
Beaulieu - Nate the Great

Which one of these players had a long lasting succesful career in montreal?

Markov, thats it

Is there a reason we have Weber, Subban, Streit, Souray off of this list?

Reactions: ElQuebecois

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Poor man's Nathan Beaulieu

Jokes aside, the last time we properly developed a good D we low balled him and ran him out of the city.

This organisation does not know how to develop Defencemen.

Chelios - Ran him out of town, won a Norris, was a good D for us... i always forget he was a hab once
Malakhov - Ran him out of town
Markov - Exception, din't speak english
Hainsey - He came, he left
Komisarek - After the Lucic fight... donzo.
McDonagh - We din't develop him
Tinordi - Chased him out
Beaulieu - Nate the Great

Which one of these players had a long lasting succesful career in montreal?

Markov, thats it
There’s only 2 d amongst your entire list that were big losses.

You missed Sergachev who would have been 3 and Subban who would have been 4. Instead you listed a bunch of scrubs.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
It's too bad an association between what idiots said and the city was made in his father's mind.

One have nothing to do with the other ...

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
It's too bad an association between what idiots said and the city was made in his father's mind.

One have nothing to do with the other ...

On one hand i want to agree.

On the other hand, the reaction was extremely, extremely excessive and i also understand the papa feeling.

Comparing Reinbacher to Hitler has to be one of the worst, vile, insensitive thing that has been done. The person who did this should have think twice about his meme and the consequence it could have on an Austrian kid and his family. Second world war made societal multi generational trauma on these european societies. There is a debate to be had, but at first glance, this type of behavior should be passable of action in justice.

His father acknowledged that its okay if fans wanted Michkov or a forward, that is fair game. But the reaction have been extremely shameful honestly.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
For Heiskanen last year with 70 pts... his last 3-4 seasons, he don't put that type of number. (30-40 points).
You’re really selling Heiskandn short. The guy was PPG in the playoffs on a finals run in his 2nd year. He’s not a 30 point dman, he’s probably a top 5 dman in the league.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
There’s only 2 d amongst your entire list that were big losses.

You missed Sergachev who would have been 3 and Subban who would have been 4. Instead you listed a bunch of scrubs.

Sergachev we dint develop and Subban was mentionned earlier in the post.

amd yeah its true, still my point stands that we dont know how to develop

How is Komisarek a scrub? he was drafted 8th OA i think?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He is already Laval's best Dman. I am not kidding

I agree. He hasnt had as many responsibilities as they've been slowly easing him in. But, it's tough not to get excited at his potential. He covers a lot of ice, he's good at stick checks, he's mobile, he makes decisions very quickly, passes extremely well, he's good at closing the gap and angling himself... It's easy to see why the scouting staff saw a RHD with all those qualities, the work ethic, the good attitude and saw an opportunity to get a type player that's rarely available.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I agree. He hasnt had as many responsibilities as they've been slowly easing him in. But, it's tough not to get excited at his potential. He covers a lot of ice, he's good at stick checks, he's mobile, he makes decisions very quickly, passes extremely well, he's good at closing the gap and angling himself... It's easy to see why the scouting staff saw a RHD with all those qualities, the work ethic, the good attitude and saw an opportunity to get a type player that's rarely available.
He sounds like he has qualities of Markov.

Reactions: Andrei79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad