Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
"If there is one player clearly more talented than the rest, we'll take him. But, all things being equal, we will probably go with need."

That's the quote.
I thought so, thanks for finding it. The philosophy does make sense

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
No, now you're moving the goalposts. You said you had information that there was no way he was coming over since he had to finish his studies and such. You're slowly changing your story so people don't notice.

Where did I say that? You seem to know more than me. He's gonna finish his studies 100% but there are remote options for both classes and work...most certainly not for tests but they're in June. This is what I told you all the time but if you can, feel free to tell me otherwise.

Last edited:

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
No, now you're moving the goalposts. You said you had information that there was no way he was coming over since he had to finish his studies and such. You're slowly changing your story so people don't notice.

Where did I say that? You seem to know more than me. He's gonna finish his studies 100% but there are remote options for both classes and work...most certainly not for tests but they're in June. This is what I told you all the time but if you can, feel free to tell me otherwise.

pretty easy for you guys to go back and read what was said instead of going in circles:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
pretty easy for you guys to go back and read what was said instead of going in circles:

Thanks but I'm not senile just yet so I still tend to know what I posted. Which is not what the troll claimed I posted. If the troll wants to prove the opposite he's gonna struggle. So that's the end of the story. No circles.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I'll just chime in, if Reinbacher is really elite defensively, a shut down guy who covers the ice really well with his skating and gets the puck to the forwards well or skates it out himself with his superior skating - I think he could be extremely valuable, even if he's only getting 40 points, or even in the 30's.
You are describing a Hampus Lindholm type player. Lindholm possesses all those qualities , largely was a 20 plus point guy, but has been good enough to average 22 minutes a game over a decade. He had his best offensive year last last couple years ago for the Bruins with 50 plus.

That's a top pairing D man. If he is a 20 plus , 30 plus guy you want a complimentary player who can generate offense as his partner.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Skill up front - Lapointe already talked about hoping the defenseman push the forwards down.
It is a given that the defenseman will be drafted high. Skill up front is still very vague. It's like saying BPA at this point.

Do they want size? Goalscoring? Skating/Creator? Or maybe they want C? LW? RW?

If I look at the habs depth chart the most dire need is legit top line talent. I do not see a lot a quality prospect in this draft other than Macklin and maybe Demidov that can become legit first line talent. I could Catton but he will take years to develop.

Iginla, Helenius, Lindstrom are most likely complementary forwards.

Only wildcard is Eiserman if you want a pure goalscorer.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I'll just chime in, if Reinbacher is really elite defensively, a shut down guy who covers the ice really well with his skating and gets the puck to the forwards well or skates it out himself with his superior skating - I think he could be extremely valuable, even if he's only getting 40 points, or even in the 30's.
I’ve said this before, give me a minute munching Ryan suter type that gives you 30-40 points everyday of the week

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You are describing a Hampus Lindholm type player. Lindholm possesses all those qualities , largely was a 20 plus point guy, but has been good enough to average 22 minutes a game over a decade. He had his best offensive year last last couple years ago for the Bruins with 50 plus.

That's a top pairing D man. If he is a 20 plus , 30 plus guy you want a complimentary player who can generate offense as his partner.
Yes I could see Reinbacher playing top pair with Matheson in the not too distant future for a good many years. We'll see....

Matheson/Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj/Hutson - Guhle
Struble/Engstrom/Xhekaj - Mailloux/Barron

Lavoie saying Reinbacher should be coming over today or tomorrow - it's a matter of hours.

Reactions: bopeep and yianik

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Skill up front - Lapointe already talked about hoping the defenseman push the forwards down.
It's obvious we were always going to be looking at drafting forwards after their decisions last year.
The question will be Is there a defenceman we simply can't ignore and if so how likely is that player to be still on the board?
This assuming we don't win the lottery.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
If he makes it to Laval and starts to play it will help him get acclimated to NA hockey but will do nothing to help Laval, their season ended yesterday with that gutless effort.
Nah. They have 6 games to play against belleville. Those will determine who makes the playoffs between Belleville and the Rocket. They need to win 5 of those 6. Will be tough.

• Wow
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nah. They have 6 games to play against belleville. Those will determine who makes the playoffs between Belleville and the Rocket. They need to win 5 of those 6. Will be tough.
Have you seen Laval's record against Belleville? Belleville intimidates and easily dominates Laval almost every game. This will be an eye opener for Reinbacher.

Reactions: HomaridII

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If he makes it to Laval and starts to play it will help him get acclimated to NA hockey but will do nothing to help Laval, their season ended yesterday with that gutless effort.
This was always going to be the most important aspect of him coming over in the first place.
They will still be pushing as long as there is a mathematical possibility so hopefully they won't be playing for nothing.
If I had to guess his first start will probably be that third game of three.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Some teams will be salivating at the thought of drafting a Quinn Hughes or Cale Makar which could push some excellent forwards down a bit.
There's pretty damn good dmen this year. Good forwards will be pushed down that's almost certain.

It's over for Laval. Obviously they'll keep talking about playoffs but the hope for a playoffs participation for Laval is Rejean Houlesque. They're done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad