Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Pasta is simply the most dynamic, exciting and fun-to-watch player in the league today. The only real argument is for who's second.

FribbleLine

Jul 13, 2014
Ocean State
c5xjuqeccuu11.jpg

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Most dynamic player I've seen in a Bruins uniform in my life. He is not only fun to watch, but his personality comes out on the ice. He seems like a goofy kid just having fun living his dream. I hope he has a long career here in Boston.

Reactions: Ritmo

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
1st in the league in goals and 14th in points. It's crazy how much he improves every year. I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to catch many games but for the few I do, he really makes you want to watch and come back again the next night.

The biggest challenge for him will be to stay consistent. For the past two years he's scored 34/35 goals, but in the past two Decembers he's gone 10 and even 17 games without scoring! If he can get over the inconsistency hump he'll be the best winger in the league.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He didn’t even have a good game (relative to David Pastrnak) and he still put up 2 points.

That’s the thing with that line. They’re so good as a unit, along with individually, that they will produce even on off days for individuals.

The result is going to be right around 100 point seasons for 2, if not 3, players.

Reactions: TCB and Hemsky001

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Random thought: Imagine if Pasta this season ends up shooting 20+% like Karlsson did last year, he would actually score over 70 goals lol

I mean Karlsson has shown it is possible to ride a high shooting percent the entire season, granted it was probably the most "rare" thing I've ever seen statistically in the NHL and it likely never going to be repeated. Just a fun thought.

Reactions: Wooren

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Random thought: Imagine if Pasta this season ends up shooting 20+% like Karlsson did last year, he would actually score over 70 goals lol

I mean Karlsson has shown it is possible to ride a high shooting percent the entire season, granted it was probably the most "rare" thing I've ever seen statistically in the NHL and it likely never going to be repeated. Just a fun thought.
Funnily enough I thought of the exact same thing today. Karlsson played 82 games last year while shooting 23.4%, finished with 43 goals. Pastrnak is so far shooting at 22.9%, 16 goals in 17 games, pace for 77 goals.
Obviously crazy talk though.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick

The quality of shots matter more in this case. Pasta is getting the puck on his stick in prime space more often than not. Bergeron has been amazing at opening up the ice. That line is just too good. They all find the quiet area on the ice and they can all make players look bad 1v1. This really has been an absolute treat to watch.

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
Crazy contract. That kid is so underpaid. They're gonna give Nylander 7-7.5 million and Marner 9-10 million. Would rather have Pasta on my team than either of those.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia

2nd only to Tyler Randell's 6 goals on 18 shots

Reactions: Emerz

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
former bruin Charlie simmer while with the kings in 1980-81 scored 56 goals on 171 shots... a 32.75% shoot to goal ratio

the only player that is currently higher in a single season is happening this very year... the kid elias Petterson in Vancouver has 10 goals on 30 shots... no player has ever finished a season with a better shooting %

at least according to this link
NHL & WHA Single Season Leaders and Records for Shooting Percentage | Hockey-Reference.com

its unlikely that pastrnak could continue over 20%... most guys who were over 20% in history did it 25 years ago or more... goalies were not nearly as good in those days and guys were allowed to skate almost unmolested in on the goalie and unleash slap shots

but... those who say it cant happen will always find exceptions to whatever they believe. who would have predicted karlssons success last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad