David Legwand appreciation thread

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
I remember his first game as a Predator and how excited we all were that he played.

Fun fact about that game. It was the last game of the year and the team did the jerseys off their back promotion. He ended up giving away his jersey and I believe most of his gear if I remember correctly.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Yep,It's gonna be strange to see him wearing a different jersey and number,i saw a picture of him at practice in red and i about lost it

Yep, will be really strange seeing him in another jersey.
Right call by management for a UFA and given the return, but will miss him nonetheless.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
My first favorite Predator. :(

Going to miss seeing #11 out there. Makes me even more sad to hear Poile talk about how loyal he was, never asking for a trade, wanting to stay here until the end. I had been somewhat preparing myself for him to be traded or not re-signed. But it was still sad and shocking when it was announced.

I remember all those goals people listed, but one of my favorites was when he lost his tooth for good. The way I remember it was he got hit in the mouth and was bleeding, threw his mouth guard -with his tooth- into the bench and went on to score a goal. He may not have scored on that rush, but he did score after his tooth came out and he really played great that game.

I hope he does well in Detroit. And since it helps the Predators, I hope they make the playoffs and that he does well in the playoffs.

Thanks Dave for everything you did for this franchise!

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Legs in a Wings jersey is truly revolting.

Having a great game so far.

Last edited:

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
That line of Legwand, Nyquist, & Franzen might shape into something here. Nyquist has been on a roll, & Franzen is looking like the Franzen of 08 in Hank's absence.

I'll be curious to see how it all develops...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Got way more crap than he deserved here, including from me.

Interestingly, the Weber trade means all of his Nashville records will likely stand for a good while

belle

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
I wish him all the best in retirement.

I guess Hartnell is the last of those earlier Preds still playing. (I suppose Erat may be playing in the KHL). Its hard to belidve that mucb time has gone by.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Leggy, here's to a solid career! :cheers:

Good luck in retirement, Leggy!

The old guard of our expansion years are slowly all skating off into the sunset.

There's a name from the past. What ever happened to our legwand hater dulzhok? Once leggy was traded, he disappeared!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I wish him all the best in retirement.

I guess Hartnell is the last of those earlier Preds still playing. (I suppose Erat may be playing in the KHL). Its hard to belidve that mucb time has gone by.

Hamhuis is still around too. He was the year after Hartnell and before Upshall

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I loved to rag on him but I loved him anyway. There were some great moments in which he played a pretty significant role! Kind of hope he ends up in Nashville again doing...something. Maybe he can finally be the teacher he always said was his "second" choice job.

Good Luck to you, Leggy.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I loved to rag on him but I loved him anyway. There were some great moments in which he played a pretty significant role! Kind of hope he ends up in Nashville again doing...something. Maybe he can finally be the teacher he always said was his "second" choice job.

Good Luck to you, Leggy.

All I've read through the first stretch of this season is that he's been very involved with managing his OHL team with Derian Hatcher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad