David Legwand appreciation thread

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
OK but if this is going to be an appreciation thread it should stay that way. We have another thread or two in which people can bemoan Legwand's time here.

:)

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
First ever draft pick by us, you played at least a game in every single season we ever had. 2014-15 is going to suck starting without you as a member for first time ever.

You will be greatly missed David, and thank you so much for everything you have done for us and all the memories you made here. I look forward to number 11 hanging from the rafters here one day.

Good luck in Detroit, looking forward to seeing you here again, even if it's in white and red. I guess your home now brother.

Goodbye Mr.Predator,

Webersmashpuck

Mar 17, 2009
Spring Hill
I have a weird feeling especially with Poile saying Legwand was loyal to the end. I am actually sad about losing Leggy.

Regardless, he was the best forward in franchise history and will likely have the records for many years.

I wish him the best of luck.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Thanks for not doing the Preds like Suter Leggy.

Wings got a good player who will get them in the playoffs if they can get some guys healthy.

It was time to get younger and move on. Good luck in Hockeytown

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I kind of envy this fanbase; we lost our last original Blue Jacket years ago when Klesla was traded. Wanted to see Legwand stay for that reason alone, even though I was blithely ignoring the Preds for the majority of their existence.

Funny parallels between him and Klesla, though; both were players drafted high that were expected to be franchise cornerstones that instead turned out to not meet the hype (and get hated for it) but still be extremely effective regardless.

That said, I can't wish him luck for the time being, as Detroit is wildcard competition. :D Once we're past that, tho... all the best.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm officially rooting for the Red Wings at least for the rest of the season. I always liked Legwand and I'll miss him. Thanks for all the memories 11, best of luck in Motown.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Team's first draft pick, 2nd overall in 1998

Franchise leader in:

Games played: 956
Goals: 210
Assists: 356
Even-strength goals: 165
Game-winning goals: 41
Shots: 1925

9 seasons of at least 40 points. 2 seasons over 50.

Scored the first penalty shot in overtime in NHL history.
Score the first ever home playoff goal.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Thanks Dave

021814_poile.jpg

:P

Trading Legwand marks the end of an era for sure. My Constitutional Law professor, who is also a writer for the Smashville 24/7 blog, was actually having such a bad day yesterday that after the Legwand trade she just couldn't talk about it. She said she nearly cancelled class, and if it weren't a once-a-week, 3 hour class she would have. And she only moved from Canada to TN six years ago. Just an example of how much David meant to some Preds fans. Hell, to a lot of Preds fans.

I'll be rooting for the Wings for the rest of the season and into the play offs because I want to see Leggy go as far as he can.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
One thing is for sure, there has never been more of an emotional attachment to a player.

I created Jason Arnott and Martin Erat appreciation thread and many were kicking them on the way out.

Legwand's first NHL goal was probably his best NHL goal. I can't find the YT. If someone does, please post it.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
It was time to move on, but Legwand has been great for this organization. Consummate Predators. He's one of those guys that I hope hits UFA in a few years, we sign him for 500K, then he retires a Predator. Thanks for the memories Leggy!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My favorite memory is probably the New Baby Hat Trick. As I recall, he was with wife at the hospital, Baby born, and wife tells him he should probably get on back to work. So he gets back to the arena in the nick of time and then goes on to get a hattie.

There was also some sort of score vs his new team in an early playoff game that seems to jog a memory.

And there was no one else who Kariya could deflect pucks off like he could deflect them off of you.

Yeah, David, I ragged on you (honest it was usually just negative mojo) but I am sad to see you go. I wish you well in Detroit.

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana
I feel like the preds traded away our born first preds player,since leggy was the first ever draft pick for the franchise.one of my most fondest merories of david legwand was that letter he wrote as a tribute to wade belak

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING LEGGY,when you decide to retire,sign a one day contract with the preds,so you can retire as a Nashville Predator

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
The official end of an era. I knew this day would come eventually, but it's still kind of shocking with him not being on the roster. He should be the first predator whose number hangs from the rafters.

What number will he wear with Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad