David Clarkson

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It's how it works, you don't have to "activate" squat. There would be no reason not to "activate" it.

"Hey I want to go over the cap and lose that cap space for next season for no reason! I'm a genius!".

Basically yes. You said "if you want to get technical about it you still have the cap hit" and I was just explaining that, while technically true, it's basically not a problem.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
LTIR is basically taking the cap away... yes the hit still stays but you go over the same amount as the injured player so it doesn't matter either way. The only time.it matters is if they are not insured IE Horton. Thats.why they didn't want a guy sitting there not producing because they were paying. If they are insured there is 0 problems there.

Also I don't think anyone wants Clarkson hurt but more likely we just want him to say the pain he already has due to hisback is to much to play up to a nhl standard and put him on LTIR basically into retirment. No new injury just accept he is no longer able to play. He still gets all of his money and both sides are happy. He can't enjoy hockey much at this point between not playing and the criticism and the persistent injuries you know if he was making 750k a year and in the AHL he would be retired by now it's about the money. LTIR is going to be a good option for him and his family.

Line up I honestly feel will be:
Saad wennberg Atkinson
Jenner dubi foligno
Hartnell PLD bjorkstrand
Calvert karlson Anderson
Campbell Clarkson

Jones Murray
Johnson Savard
Werenski Golo
Prout

Bob
Mcbackup

The lineup writes itself. The top line has scoring and vision. The second has great 2 way game but also very capable of scoring. The 3rd is just like Hartnell wennberg and Dano a couple years ago where they feed off hartsy and IMO are surprisingly productive and then you have my favorite line and the reason why I support GMJK letting go all the other 4th line guys you all were angry at for not giving 3 year deals because this is IMO going to be my favorite 4th line we ever put together. They are all speedy can throw there weight around and can actually score. This line is not just a grind line but has actual scoring ability. Our best chance at competing this year is let our closest thing to a 1C play 1C in wennberg. Let Dubi play his natural 2C posistion. Let PLD play 3C and develop. Going in the Q after dominating at 17 there is nothing left to do there... another 100 point season? All it does is show he can dominate lesser compitition. There's a reason Mathews went overseas to play men because juniors doesn't help advance your play if you are that far ahead and if he was in anything other then the Q I say stay but the Q does nothing for him. He's built like a man let him play with them. And finally Karlson plays the role he was born to play then 4C. He can play 3C and is very capable at it but I feel he is the perfect 4C. Keep Campbell as a vet leader who can play some games for resting and injured guys. Keep Jenner on the wing. He can play C but he has produced great on the wing and with great C depth leave the other C there and he can always slide over for face offs if he needs to or move there if to many injuries but I like him more at wing.

Does anyone see any easy that lineup could possibly be improved based on our CURRENT options no trades or burying NHL contracts in the AHL. Does anyone think PLD could actually develop anymore in the Q? Just because he gets a year at C there doesn't mean it will help if he is playing lesser talent it's a man against children there is no challenge. When you finally get to the NHL anything he felt he improved on will get exposed. Does anyone think playing Campbell and Karlson would be more productive then PLD karlson.

Final ? What does everyone think the most effective 4th line will be? Hartnell would be a complete waste in the 4th like I've seen people say he has 1st line pts on predominantly 3rd line playing time. Anderson and Calvert are built to be 3rd liners because there speed and scoring abilities but they also have great forcheching and grit and with match up against any forth line wings in the league. Both are also plenty willing to throw them.

I do this want to.brag but I feel this is the best line up and think barring injuries will be the closest to what is the actual line up. Prove me wrong guys let's discuss!!

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Basically yes. You said "if you want to get technical about it you still have the cap hit" and I was just explaining that, while technically true, it's basically not a problem.

Oh dear lord, there was nothing to suggest that I didn't know how LTIR worked. I don't even know what you are trying to clarify.

I'm so done.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Mikey, those lines might be great, who knows. I prefer the idea of starting with the two combos that have the most successful history - Saad-Wennberg-Bjork, Jenner-Dubi-Atkinson. I say let's see if those guys can pick up where they left off.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Clarkson's agent right now

tumblr_metv1lqAJP1rnm1ldo1_r1_500.gif

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I keep thinking about David Clarkson and how he can benefit the CBJ this season. The obvious answer is that he returns to 30 goals scorer form. But I'm not delusional. I began to wonder how he will impact what the CBJ do for the expansion draft. I looked up the rules;

Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

The best thing Clarkson can do for the CBJ are two things; (1) skate and make some contribution during the second half of the year. This would remove all doubt that he is suffering a career threatening injury, and (2) waive his no movement clause for the purpose of the expansion draft. If he does that, the CBJ would be able to protect an additional player, somebody like a Calvert or Karlsson or Savard. Clarkson, the CBJ and the entire league should know that nobody in their right mind, would select Clarkson in the expansion draft. If Clarkson is injured and doesn't skate, that is one thing. If he does skate and fails to waive his NMC for the expansion draft, that is something else entirely.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Clarkson has no impact on Savard. He does on Calvert, Atkinson, Anderson, Karlsson... I don't think he will be an issue.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Man why do we keep bringing up career ending injury conversations with this guy? It's pretty morbid and creepy.

I would think that he'd be ok waiving his NMC for the purpose of the expansion draft, there really is no risk he's claimed and it helps the team out.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Man why do we keep bringing up career ending injury conversations with this guy? It's pretty morbid and creepy.

I would think that he'd be ok waiving his NMC for the purpose of the expansion draft, there really is no risk he's claimed and it helps the team out.

He'd still remain under contract in that case.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

There's a difference between saying "I hope this guy suffers a career ending injury" and saying "I think he's already suffered a career ending injury and hope he goes on LTIR."

I don't want him to get hurt. But I think he's done already, so it makes sense to go on LTIR like Savard, Pronger, and Horton.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
At least all of the unrealistic Clarkson thoughts/propositions have made it to this topic instead of every other thread.

orthosrgn2

Apr 26, 2007
Ok, I know I will get flamed, but with E Kane's troubles in Buffalo, might one consider a trade of Clarkson for Kane? Cap hits are the same. Kane's term is only 2 years and he has no NM or NTC. Although there is baggage with Kane he only represents a 2 year commitment and could be left uncovered for the expansion draft if he didn't perform. His production could be what we need and his talent is certainly there. I am sure we would have to add something in a pick or prospect, but no one knows how much Buffalo might want to rid themselves of his baggage.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Ok, I know I will get flamed, but with E Kane's troubles in Buffalo, might one consider a trade of Clarkson for Kane? Cap hits are the same. Kane's term is only 2 years and he has no NM or NTC. Although there is baggage with Kane he only represents a 2 year commitment and could be left uncovered for the expansion draft if he didn't perform. His production could be what we need and his talent is certainly there. I am sure we would have to add something in a pick or prospect, but no one knows how much Buffalo might want to rid themselves of his baggage.

Obviously we take it and run.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Because there is a general belief, both from management and reporters, that he may never play again because of his back injury. IIRC Jarmo said his back hasn't progressed and that was towards the draft. Nobody is wishing career ending injuries on the guy, that's not cool, but it seems very possible that he's done and people are just discussing if that were the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad