Player Discussion David Backes III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Backes really needs to start improving on his 28 goals in 123 Bruins games. I love the intangibles he brings, the physical game..., but he's fallen off a cliff goal scoring wise.

I'm curious what kind of goal production you'd like to see from him at this point

His 18 goal pace is a little below his career average but his shooting percentage is down a couple of ticks and he's playing almost 3 fewer minutes than he played in St. Louis

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I'm curious what kind of goal production you'd like to see from him at this point

His 18 goal pace is a little below his career average but his shooting percentage is down a couple of ticks and he's playing almost 3 fewer minutes than he played in St. Louis

For $6 million per year, it's fair to expect more offence from Backes.

Reactions: Thrive and fin8

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Backes really needs to start improving on his 28 goals in 123 Bruins games. I love the intangibles he brings, the physical game..., but he's fallen off a cliff goal scoring wise.

Because he's so slow, he needs the puck to come to him (whether through good positioning, or fortuitously). I like the guy, but it frustrating to watch him skating in cement, failing to connect on passes because he's too immobile to put himself in the proper position.

Reactions: Thrive

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Most the experts I saw said penalty was fine but they thought he wouldn't be suspended . I obviously don't always agree with experts but in this case I think it could've been a 2 or a 5 . By giving the guy an instigator it made it a three minute no biggie .

How does todays decision go with all the conspiracy against us people ? Marchand also didn't get a call and although I 100 percent believe that was an accident and the right call for one million percent sure I am pretty sure they could've suspended him since there was a lot of silly Nhl talk it was on purpose .

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Most the experts I saw said penalty was fine but they thought he wouldn't be suspended . I obviously don't always agree with experts but in this case I think it could've been a 2 or a 5 . By giving the guy an instigator it made it a three minute no biggie .

How does todays decision go with all the conspiracy against us people ? Marchand also didn't get a call and although I 100 percent believe that was an accident and the right call for one million percent sure I am pretty sure they could've suspended him since there was a lot of silly Nhl talk it was on purpose .
with all due respect that was not a penalty in any way shape or form.

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad