Confirmed with Link: Dave Cameron Fired (along with Tourigny, Wamsley) (starts at post 208)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
It is not a blog, it is an actual Melnyk interview that everyone is reacting too.

I only heard 1/2 in the car but I did not hear what you guys heard. I heard its up to Dorion to hire a coach and put the roster together and that Melnyk is going on vacation For the next 3 months and won't be involved.

That he's(Melnyk) taking a lot of flack about the budget even though he green lit Murray who said nothing was available.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I want Emilio Estevez. Gets paid a lot, but he's very innovative and good with young players.

I like the way you're approaching this.

Maybe we can get a list of all hockey coaches who need to complete community service. Melnyk wouldn't have to pay them anything, then. Which I assume is the goal.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
You guys are missing the part where he said if we get 5M coach we have to lose a 5M player. Really awesome when a coaching decision impacts the roster budget.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
HF sens overracting? Wut???

OMG xD I tried to find the original Matt Gilroy for Lee thread to post in the Shane prince thread. I think it's gone now though :(

It just goes to show you how history really does repeat itself.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Then they did not listen as he said they will spend.

On the interview that you listened to. The catch seems to be that Melnyk gave multiple interviews with apparently contrasting answers. Communication is key in leadership and Melnyk either needs to shut up or choose his words more carefully, it simply isn't fair to the fans.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I'm with EM on this one. Paying $5M for a coach is silly. If the owner goes on live radio during the coach hiring process and claims that he will spend any amount of money, no limits, good luck to Pierre Dorion during salary negotiations for that hire. Lol

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
You guys are missing the part where he said if we get 5M coach we have to lose a 5M player. Really awesome when a coaching decision impacts the roster budget.

Hopefully his season ticket holders start to cannibalize themselves just like hes doing to the on ice product...

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

Loose chiasson and Weircoich =gain good coach.

Promote claesson and run with Boro and Wideman.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I'm with EM on this one. Paying $5M for a coach is silly. If the owner goes on live radio during the coach hiring process and claims that he will spend any amount of money, no limits, good luck to Pierre Dorion during salary negotiations for that hire. Lol

Eugene Melnyk and live radio makes me shudder. The guy just straight up gives sloppy answers, even if his intentions are good and a portion of the answer/interview makes sense.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
This just in Ottawa senators fans are mad that the owner wouldn't spend 5 million on a coach. I mean what kind of business man doesn't spend 100x more than the rest of the league minus 1 team on a coach ?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Hopefully his season ticket holders start to cannibalize themselves just like hes doing to the on ice product...

But see that's is part of the issue what some fans think on this site and what most fans think are not the same.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
i thought it was a decent interview with Melnyk on tsn1200, except of course the fact that we won't be spending the market value on top coaches, and that we won't be spending as much money as we need to until we're on the cusp of winning the cup.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

You're missing the part where there isn't a single coach in the NHL making 5 million except 1.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

there are no 5M coaches, so...

(nevermind babschmock)

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
This just in Ottawa senators fans are mad that the owner wouldn't spend 5 million on a coach. I mean what kind of business man doesn't spend 100x more than the rest of the league minus 1 team on a coach ?

We don't want them to spend 5 million. Just to be clear.

We want them to spend what is necessary to have a good coach behind the bench.

Because of Babcocks abortion of a contract people are treating it like player in ufa and expecting high salaries for coaches that have won Stanley cups such as Julien who we are rumoured to be highly interested in.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Loose chiasson and Weircoich =gain good coach.

Promote claesson and run with Boro and Wideman.

What if the sens are up against the budget and the savings from Wiercioch/Chiassson are needs to extend or s re-sign an important player? Instead used on a coach and the player is lost, or used on the player and the coach signs elsewhere. This shouldn't even be a problem, especially for a MAJOR LEAGUE SPORTS TEAM.

I couldn't care too much if he doesn't want to pay above a certain amount for the coach, but when he basically hinted its linked with the budget all my horses are now with DLDS

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
The question posed to Melnyk wasn't Would you pay 5M ....it was 3.5M TO 4.5M for a coach...and then HE said we would have to detract a 5M player to get that type of coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad