Waived: Daugavins Placed on Waivers - Claimed by Boston

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Geez now the bunch of you that are okay with the Bruins are going to have an even bigger boner for them. Shameful.

I hope he does well.

I also get the feeling that the sens could take a sack of pucks and put it on waivers and Chirelli would claim it provided they're sens pucks with intangibles.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Geez now the bunch of you that are okay with the Bruins are going to have an even bigger boner for them. Shameful.

I hope he does well.

I also get the feeling that the sens could take a sack of pucks and put it on waivers and Chirelli would claim it provided they're sens pucks with intangibles.

Who else did he pick up off waivers?

SensHero

Jul 19, 2010
Ottawa
Two things first of all why did they put him on waivers they didn't make room for anyone else. (I know they recalled Hoffman but they sent Dizzy down) It also sucks he is going to a team the sens can NEVER beat ever its brutal and for free. I think the murrays have done an excellent job as good as anyone in the business but this one leaves me scratching my head. Especially considering Mike Lundin is still on the team.

Now we can dress O'brien, who plays a much better game than Daug. O'brien actually scores a little every now and then as well. I loved the Daug, can't beat his enthusiasm, but at the same time the Sens felt he was expendable. They were probably hoping he snuck through the cracks and made his way back to Bingo. That being said, he was on a oneway deal and they felt they weren't going to re-sign him anyway.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Now we can dress O'brien, who plays a much better game than Daug. O'brien actually scores a little every now and then as well. I loved the Daug, can't beat his enthusiasm, but at the same time the Sens felt he was expendable. They were probably hoping he snuck through the cracks and made his way back to Bingo. That being said, he was on a oneway deal and they felt they weren't going to re-sign him anyway.

Both Daug and O'brien have been scratches, and Hoffman will draw in for someone.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Will he actually see playing time with Boston? I'm not up on their bottom 6 situation, but if he's not playing in Ottawa would he get a start in BOS? I mean i guess he is a great PK'er as mentioned above but..

I guess he stated that he just wants to play, no matter if the league starts with an N or an A.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Nope. Sens have screwed him over a couple of times now, the Bruins fans have no reference point, they wouldn't understand.

I'd love to know when and how the Sens have screwed Daugavins over in the past.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Nope. Sens have screwed him over a couple of times now, the Bruins fans have no reference point, they wouldn't understand.

He is what he is, a 12th/13th forward. He's good defensively without much skill. He's no better then the other players in his role on the Sens roster so it was only a matter of time. He wasn't 'screwed over', take off your Latvian homer glasses.

I'd be shocked if he ever has a multi-goal game in the NHL lol.

sensageddon

Feb 24, 2013
How much of a team guy could daug be? His stats are worst on the team and he pulls a heatley when he gets benched. He better pick up his game or he won't be lasting in Boston or the NHL. I could care less about this move.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If the object of the exercise for Daugavins was to get more playing time, he's going to be sorely disappointed. The Bruins are likely to either stash him in the press box, or give him VERY limited minutes. He is there for depth and character, nothing more. He would have been better off going to a team lower in the standings, but ironically having a niche player like the Dogman around is a luxury only a contender can afford.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How much of a team guy could daug be? His stats are worst on the team and he pulls a heatley when he gets benched. He better pick up his game or he won't be lasting in Boston or the NHL. I could care less about this move.

The guy wants to play, not sit in the press box. He quietly asked to be waived so that he could be given a chance. Not sure how this equates to a Heatley. Management was under no pressure to move him, they did it because they thought it was the right thing for both parties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad