Waived: Daugavins Placed on Waivers - Claimed by Boston

Sensored

May 20, 2004
Ottawa
According to multiple twitter sources Daugavins will be placed on waivers today.

Currently Jay Grossman (sports agent) and "Sens Insider" have confirmed. Ian Mendes has also re-tweeted Jay Grossman which basically confirms it.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I wonder what this will mean to the chemistry in the room. He's a pretty popular guy I think.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Makes sense. I don't mind him but he's too offensively challenged. He's solid defensively but we have a ton of guys who can fill that role and produce just a bit more.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Does this mean Anderson...or someone else is coming off IR? Do they need to make a roster space?

guess the team sees more value in DD?

Daug seems like a good guy. Wish him well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's not an NHL player. Would be very surprised if someone picked him up.

SNAPshot

Jul 18, 2006
OTTAWA
Makes sense. Waivers doesn't mean he'll be claimed, but he hasn't done enough this season to solidify his role on the team.

I've always liked him, but I'm extremely happy to have others come up and be given a shot. Zibby, Silf and Weircoch have mostly secured a spot and guys like Dizzy and Gryba prove that it's worth it to give new guys a shot.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
The Sens will likely be waiving a bunch of guys next fall. That is what happens when the cupboards are full of guys pushing from below.

I hope he gets picked up by a team. Perhaps Edmonton could use his presence. Calgary might also be a landing spot.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Screw Daugavins... Jussi Jokinen was just waived.

Aw man I was trying to make a proposal for Jussi when we had that string of SO losses. We should snap him up. Even if he doesn't fit in with the team he could be a good piece to package with Bishop.

I doubt anyone will be picking up Daugs though, he's probably pretty safe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad