Dark Side Of The Ring season 4

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Dark Side may have jumped the shark last season with some of those episodes. Haven't seen the Territories series yet and I'm not expecting it to be any better than the Legends of Wrestling from WWE.

However I did watch the Vince documentary on Vice. That was pure garbage.

It was basically a combination of the DSOTR episodes regarding WWE controversies all jumbled in together in chronological order.

cupcrazyman2

Jul 13, 2022
Dark Side may have jumped the shark last season with some of those episodes. Haven't seen the Territories series yet and I'm not expecting it to be any better than the Legends of Wrestling from WWE.

However I did watch the Vince documentary on Vice. That was pure garbage.
There's a few wrestling docs on Tubi but I have not watched them yet.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Anybody else disappointed with Tales from the Territories? I don’t care for the random panel type discussion. This show is nowhere near as good as the dark side of the ring.
It's been hit and miss for me. Feels like they left a lot out of each of them, but it's hard to really explore the entire territory in one episode. I wish they went deeper, but don't know how they could do it without doing multiple episodes on each territory.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Not sure how popular this one would be but maybe a look at the Edge/Lita/Matt Hardy love triangle mess? Just spitballing here.
I think it would be incredibly popular among fans, but I can't imagine Edge or Matt would want to drag this up given they are married with families. I'm not sure if Lita is married, but that situation destroyed her reputation among fans and she had to put up with so much real-life garbage from people slut shaming her, that I think she'd probably prefer to not address it again too.

Tammy Sytch could be another idea for an episode.

Luger, Tammy Sytch, Eddie Guerrero, Scott Hall, Hugh Morrus and the dinky donut....

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It's been hit and miss for me. Feels like they left a lot out of each of them, but it's hard to really explore the entire territory in one episode. I wish they went deeper, but don't know how they could do it without doing multiple episodes on each territory.
I have to think there are podcasts out there with some of those guys that would dig into them further. I'm sure each territory could be many episodes as well, but it seems they just wanted to touch a bit on the territories.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Bam Bam, Abdullah, and Mike Awesome are confirmed to have episodes in season 4 per pwi insider
Well, each of those makes sense for this series. Awesome could have two parts, and one could be just focused on the horrors of his Fat Chick Thrilla gimmick.

Reactions: CDJ

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Theres this

But id love an episode about him

That video says Mike Awesome was injured in a match against Big Show, And Then 6 months later, so about May 2002 he won the ECW championship.

That never happened, that's completely made up.

ECW wasn't revived full time until 2006, and got a one off PPV in 2005.

This magical 2002 ECW championship win never happened

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Chris Candido & Tammy
Magnum T.A.
Adrian Adonis
Doink The Clown
Junkyard Dog
Marty Jannetty
Bam Bam Bigelow
Abdullah The Butcher
Bash At The Beach 2000
The Graham Family

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Vice should make a catch all drugs episode. Episodes become redundant when the dark side angle is drugs. Another coke filled episode? Shocker.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bash at the Beach 2000 makes me just wonder why they don't have a "Vince Russo's bad decisions" episode.

Although I guess legal reasons lol

Also too young and never really seen a lot of footage on him, but how was Magnum TA in his brief career? Always hear he was being groomed to be the next guy, but never heard too many people talk about him.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bash at the Beach 2000 makes me just wonder why they don't have a "Vince Russo's bad decisions" episode.

Although I guess legal reasons lol

Also too young and never really seen a lot of footage on him, but how was Magnum TA in his brief career? Always hear he was being groomed to be the next guy, but never heard too many people talk about him.
Episode ???? That subject would take up a whole freaking season. :ha:
c36.jpg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Episode ???? That subject would take up a whole freaking season. :ha:
Been watching a lot of old clips here and there of WCW. The amount of times they did the laydown was so stupid.

Between that and so many matches ending with outside interference it's not really surprising how WCW started falling apart.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
What is the best overall episode in this franchise?
Kinda depends what you’re most interested in or know the less about. My favorite was probably one of the Johnny K9, the Von Erichs or XPW episodes.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Watching the Candido/Sytch one now.

"Everyone is downloading sexy pictures of attractive women" - Lance Storm. Genuinely popped for the delivery. Perfect.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
What is the best overall episode in this franchise?

I liked the Brawl 4 All episode as it dedicated a good chunk to the Cornette/Russo drama and I was happy to see that Droz is doing good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad