Dark Side Of The Ring season 4

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Love this show. I would like to see an episode on Mike Awesome. He was an unbelievable worker for a big man. His matches with Tanaka in ECW were some of the best of all time. Some of those powerbombs were just sickening.
Mike Awesome is also one of the greatest wrestling video game characters in history.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Watched the Tales from the territories on Championship Wrestling from Florida.

Man that Eddie Graham was wild.

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
Anybody else disappointed with Tales from the Territories? I don’t care for the random panel type discussion. This show is nowhere near as good as the dark side of the ring.

ralphamale14

Nov 3, 2022
This show is pretty gross, it's a typical VICE product where they make character hit pieces under the guise of some faux moralization, sensationalize any personal failing of a wrestler, interviews with their ex wives, Eric Bischoff who can't exist unless he's spitting on someone else ect... then through in a mix of loser bloggers that just maladjusted fanboys with pretend their hate is 'journalism'.

I particularly loved the juxtaposition of A&E's biography of the Ultimate Warrior and Dark Side of the Rings coming out at the same time.

The show is watchable but exploitative. I don't really enjoy seeing who is going to be the target of a twitter mob during each season.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
This show is pretty gross, it's a typical VICE product where they make character hit pieces under the guise of some faux moralization, sensationalize any personal failing of a wrestler, interviews with their ex wives, Eric Bischoff who can't exist unless he's spitting on someone else ect... then through in a mix of loser bloggers that just maladjusted fanboys with pretend their hate is 'journalism'.

I particularly loved the juxtaposition of A&E's biography of the Ultimate Warrior and Dark Side of the Rings coming out at the same time.

The show is watchable but exploitative. I don't really enjoy seeing who is going to be the target of a twitter mob during each season.
I agree with you about Bischoff but that's about it. I've only seen about half the episodes though. The Ultimate Warrior was a piece of trash imo so I have no problem with that episode.

Reactions: CDJ

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure how popular this one would be but maybe a look at the Edge/Lita/Matt Hardy love triangle mess? Just spitballing here.
I think that one is a bit hard to do unless all three are willing to do an episode.

Probably be pretty tough to get outsiders that are willing to talk about the situation as well, unless of course they were given the okay by those three.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I think that one is a bit hard to do unless all three are willing to do an episode.

Probably be pretty tough to get outsiders that are willing to talk about the situation as well, unless of course they were given the okay by those three.

And I can't imagine Lita wanting to dig it back up with all the slut shaming she dealt with and likely still gets crap about

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Watched the Pacific Northwest tale of the territories.

Unreal the shit that use to happen back in the 70's and 80's when people thought everything was real. Like you have to have some balls to go to the ring and pull Stan Stasiak's leg from underneath him on the apron. The whole hiring cowboys for protection was pretty funny.

The Buddy Rose/Matt Osborne feud was something as well. No one other than the two of them actually knew what was real or what wasn't when it came to Buddy marrying Matt's sister.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

Unreal the shit that use to happen back in the 70's and 80's when people thought everything was real. Like you have to have some balls to go to the ring and pull Stan Stasiak's leg from underneath him on the apron. The whole hiring cowboys for protection was pretty funny.

The Buddy Rose/Matt Osborne feud was something as well. No one other than the two of them actually knew what was real or what wasn't when it came to Buddy marrying Matt's sister.
I can't believe that anyone ever thought that wrestling was real.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

I love the Playboy. Osborne has some interesting stuff in that territory from the parts that I've seen. He could be a contender for this series, along with Art Barr.

I can't believe that anyone ever thought that wrestling was real.

I've met people from places where wrestling hasn't been around for decades and plenty of them still buy most of it in the same sense that Joe Blow 1970s fan might have. I also met a German who humourously refused to believe that Vince McMahon, the guy on TV, did also legitimately own WWE.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Dark Side may have jumped the shark last season with some of those episodes. Haven't seen the Territories series yet and I'm not expecting it to be any better than the Legends of Wrestling from WWE.

However I did watch the Vince documentary on Vice. That was pure garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad