Danrik's GM Game - Moves that need approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Danrik said:
I don't see Recchi taking such a huge paycut

I do, he was no where for a whole lot of the last parts of the season, including the playoffs. He's getting older and his production has down considerably down the past few years. Not the same guy who had 91 points a few years ago.

Kings wish to qualify Richard Seeley, Ryan Flinn and John Tripp, and offer Jozef Stumpel a 2-year $5.5M contract.

Jon Burke

go kim johnsson said:
I do, he was no where for a whole lot of the last parts of the season, including the playoffs. He's getting older and his production has down considerably down the past few years. Not the same guy who had 91 points a few years ago.

Kings wish to qualify Richard Seeley, Ryan Flinn and John Tripp, and offer Jozef Stumpel a 2-year $5.5M contract.

He (Recchi) scored something like 70 pts this year, I don't see him taking that big of a paycut, crummy playoffs or not. I realize he's older, but there is no reason for him to take a $2 million paycut when he could wait until June 20th and get close to the amount of money he got this past year, IMO. I'd say $4 million (+ bonuses) or nothing... And I think I'm being a bit lenient with that figure...

Stumpel hasn't done anything to merit a paycut. He had a decent year for an injury-riddled team and was +16. Give him a small raise (say $250K) and I'll okay a deal.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Washington / San Jose Deal finalized

Finally, after days of negotiating, the Capitals and Sharks have completed negotiations on a trade. Actually, there are two trades here. Here is each one broken down:

To Washington:
Mike Ricci
Scott Thornton
Mike Rathje

To San Jose:
Jeff Halpern
Brian Sutherby
27th pick overall
57th pick overall

Explanation: Sutherby hasnt shown much, trade balances out with second announcement

To San Jose:

7th round in 2004
8th round in 2004

To Washington:

Rights to UFA Todd Harvey

Throw Harvey into the mix, and we have gained toughness up front, which is lacking, amongst everything else that there is.

Washington also announces that Todd Harvey has signed a 3 year, 6.25 m contract, offering him 1.75 the first year, 2 m, the second, and 2.50 the third. Harvey will double his NHL salary in 3 years.

Once again, please update the UFA listing, as Washington is going to be a definite buyer.

As of right now, with all the trades and signings, the Washington Payroll is only $29 million dollars. We are looking to add another 15-18 million in the free agent market, if there is anything left.

Jon Burke

dwaynester said:
Once again, please update the UFA listing, as Washington is going to be a definite buyer.

I'm trying to update it, I need people's lists of UFAs and also draft picks they've traded and acquired, so I can start putting some lists together.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Danrik said:
He (Recchi) scored something like 70 pts this year, I don't see him taking that big of a paycut, crummy playoffs or not. I realize he's older, but there is no reason for him to take a $2 million paycut when he could wait until June 20th and get close to the amount of money he got this past year, IMO. I'd say $4 million (+ bonuses) or nothing... And I think I'm being a bit lenient with that figure...

Stumpel hasn't done anything to merit a paycut. He had a decent year for an injury-riddled team and was +16. Give him a small raise (say $250K) and I'll okay a deal.

Stumpel had 8 goals in 64 games and barely averaged over 1/2 point her game. 2 more than Derek Armstrong who played less game (and is frankly nothing more than a glorified 4th line center. I don't think that merits a raise that my 2nd line center (or was before Allison got hurt) is supposed to be

Recchi got his contract after his 91 point season, while the goals are still there, the overall production is not, and was invisible when the team needed him most in the playoffs.

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
San Jose GM ORBluesFan was quoted on the Washington deal:

"We gave up some decent players, but we got a lot younger and picked up a few good picks. Ricci and Thornton made almost 5 mil between them, and we think Halpern and Sutherby can do the same thing, at 5+ years younger and 2+ mil cheaper.

"We offered a 3 year 7.5 mil contract to Rathje but he turned it down, so what could we do? We can possibly replace him from the UFA field. And Harvey said he was testing the market, but I can understand signing that deal with Washington - very good raise for him."

The team also announced that the newly acquired Halpern signed a similar deal to Curtis Brown's at 1.8-2-2.2 million per year for 3 years, with a 4th year player option at 2.5 million.

Rumors are San Jose is currently in the market for a mid-range defensive dman with some offensive skill. Reportedly on the table are forward Niko Dimitrakos and defesnemen Rob Davison and Tom Preissing. Depending on the offer, any of San Jose's current picks, and possibly Curtis Brown and Marcel Goc, could be moved.

Jon Burke

go kim johnsson said:
Stumpel had 8 goals in 64 games and barely averaged over 1/2 point her game. 2 more than Derek Armstrong who played less game (and is frankly nothing more than a glorified 4th line center. I don't think that merits a raise that my 2nd line center (or was before Allison got hurt) is supposed to be

Recchi got his contract after his 91 point season, while the goals are still there, the overall production is not, and was invisible when the team needed him most in the playoffs.

I still don't think that Stumpel should be getting a paycut, his salary should at least remain static. I stick to my guns that Recchi should get at least $4 million, and if you are unwilling to pony up and give him that, then he'll be a free agent on July 20th.

Jon Burke

Danrik said:
I'm trying to update it, I need people's lists of UFAs and also draft picks they've traded and acquired, so I can start putting some lists together.

C'mon people... You want free agency to actually work, right? Get your lists in!

Jon Burke

rinkrat13 said:
do you need a list of UFA and RA's that are unsigned (wont be signed come June 20th)???

Yeah, Tomas Plekanec's is out of date. I'm willing to make my own if people just tell me who on their team is unsigned. In any case, I still need people's lists of draft picks.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
ktownhockey said:
Colorado has signed Corey Schwab to a 1 year 850,000/ yr deal he will play as a 3rd goalie or farm hand

why sign him then?

Schwab is a decent back-up goalie and would not IMO accept a demotion to the AHL. He has proven over the years that he is a good #2 and should get the chance to do so in the NHL (even if he takes a pay cut)

IMO Schwab would take less money to play as another team's (any teams) back-up in the NHL and not more money to play 3rd or AHL hockey... this deal makes NO sense to me what-so-ever!

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Easy

It does make sense to me ... he';s getting good money and security in an nhl that doesn't have that....

if someone wants him they can trade me for me?????

Injuries occur and I want to be as deep in net as possible.

who knows?? maybe he will be my number 2

Jon Burke

ktownhockey said:
Colorado has signed Corey Schwab to a 1 year 850,000/ yr deal he will play as a 3rd goalie or farm hand

Behind who? Chiodo? C'mon man, Schwab would play over Chiodo. I agree with rinkrat13, he wouldn't want a minor league job seeing as he could get a backup job somewhere. Promise him a backup role, and I'll approve this. Until then, nada

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Danrik said:
I stick to my guns that Recchi should get at least $4 million

$4 million to essentially be a role player? Unless he's going to be on someone's top line, anyone would be crazy to give him $4 million and anymore than a 2 year deal (except Mike O'Connell) and that includes Bobby Clarke. Not only that but he's going to be 37 during the season, and I'm giving him 2 1-year player options, until he is 41, plus he is settled in Philadelphia with a family firmly in place, with kids.

I'll give Stumpel a 2 year deal at $2.6 per year and gets a 300K bonus if he either scores 17 goals or 50 points.

spider-man

May 11, 2002
Visit site
The Edmonton Oilers would like to qualify Micheal Henrich, Alexei Semenov and Jason Smith.

As for Nedved, the Oilers would like to offer him $3,5M, with a $500K bonus for 30 goals, and another $500K bonus for 40 assists. I would also like to repropose the $550K offer per season for two years to Scott Ferguson.

The Montreal Canadiens would like to qualify Patrick Traverse, Martti Jarventie and Gordie Dwyer.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
signings

As I did too many on sunday the first three guys Hendrickson, Brigley and DJ Smith 2 years were approved

Sorry I made too many moves that day I totally forgot and now iam verifying the last two
we are pleased to announce that signings of
Steve Moore 2 year 800,000
Chris Bala 3 year 1,500,000

We think bala with some more AHL can score in the league and Moore (god bless him) will recouperate from his terrible injury and become a solid 3rd liner

thanks

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The RedWings are pleased to offer a 3yr 3million (1 per) contract to Brian Kilrea of the Ottawa 67's to be the head coach of the Redwings pending league approval

We are pleased to offer him this contract as we feel that he will really help out our young players reach their potential and there aren't many coaches like him around.

Jon Burke

spider-man said:
The Edmonton Oilers would like to qualify Micheal Henrich, Alexei Semenov and Jason Smith.

As for Nedved, the Oilers would like to offer him $3,5M, with a $500K bonus for 30 goals, and another $500K bonus for 40 assists. I would also like to repropose the $550K offer per season for two years to Scott Ferguson.

The Montreal Canadiens would like to qualify Patrick Traverse, Martti Jarventie and Gordie Dwyer.

Both your UFA offers are fine.

ktownhockey said:
As I did too many on sunday the first three guys Hendrickson, Brigley and DJ Smith 2 years were approved

Sorry I made too many moves that day I totally forgot and now iam verifying the last two
we are pleased to announce that signings of
Steve Moore 2 year 800,000
Chris Bala 3 year 1,500,000

We think bala with some more AHL can score in the league and Moore (god bless him) will recouperate from his terrible injury and become a solid 3rd liner

thanks

I think Moore should get $500K if Bala is, but whatever. I'll let it go. Approved.

xtra said:
The RedWings are pleased to offer a 3yr 3million (1 per) contract to Brian Kilrea of the Ottawa 67's to be the head coach of the Redwings pending league approval

We are pleased to offer him this contract as we feel that he will really help out our young players reach their potential and there aren't many coaches like him around.

Yeah, sure, approved. What will happen with Lewis? Will he be demoted to an assistant, or what?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Danrik said:
Yeah, sure, approved. What will happen with Lewis? Will he be demoted to an assistant, or what?

For now Lewis will be demoted to assistant and we will listen to any team that is intrested in hiring lewis

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Buffalo Sabres pushed to the wall, make signings

With the midnight June 20th deadline, the Buffalo sabres have been furiously signing players to new contracts. Today, they want to announce the signing of 3 more players:

Martin Biron, G, 4 year, 11.4 million 2.4, 2.7, 3.0, 3.3

Brian Campbell 3 yr, 1.95 mill 600 650 700

Jochen Hecht 2 yr, 3.3 million 1.6 and 1.7

yesterday, did I post, or email, the briere signing. I dont see it here, so I must have accidently PM'd it to you.

Daniel Briere 2 yr, 5 mill 2.2 and 2.8

The qualifying offer to Tim Connolly was rejected, and the Sabres are announcing that he will become an Unrestricted Free Agent

I have 6 Unsigned players I have qualified, and will announce tomorrow which 4 are staying, and which 2 are going away.

Jon Burke

Um, it seems you misunderstood, there is no deadline to re-sign RFAs, but you have to re-sign UFAs by June 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad