Danrik's GM Game - Moves that need approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddy TLC*

Here is a fistful of signings to keep you occupied for a few hours.

Jason Allison signs with the Kings:
3 years, 10 million dollar contract 3.333333 mil per; 2 million bonus for 65 GP, 25 goals or 85 points

Brian Holzinger with the Capitals:
2 year 1.75 mil (825k; 925k)

Tom Kostopoulous with the Avalanche:
2 years, 2 million dollars (1 million per) club option for a 3rd season at 1.3 mil

Tommy Salo with the Penguins:
3 years 7.1 million (2mil; 2.4; 2.7)

Mike Knuble with the St Louis Blues:
3 years 7.5 million; (2.75; 2.5; 2) 250k signing bonus

Eric Messier with the Bruins:
2 years 1.85 million (900k; 950k)

Johan Hedberg with the Flyers:
1 year 900k

Tom Fitzgerald with the Capitals:
1 year 1.05 million

I hope to have Brett Hull and Mark Recchi signed today. Recchi is entertaining amind blowing 5 year deal and Hull has just had a team re-enter the sweepstakes.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
MacDaddy Version 1.3 said:
Tommy Salo with the Penguins:
3 years 7.1 million (2mil; 2.4; 2.7)

theres a big problem here... I took my offer for Salo off the table last night in an PM to MacDaddy - cuz of the fact that the deal was taking too long IMO to get made, the numerous admits MacDaddy made to try to get others to make offers for Salo and going as far as posting the exact amount I offered Salo in the first year - anyway, fact is I took the PIT's offer for Salo off the table last night (and made a new one) and MacDaddy PMed me before he made this post here and told me to hold tight cuz the deal for Salo (the old deal - the one above) would be approved some time today (and made this post 8 minutes later, we all know it takes a lot longe then 8 minutes to get any deal approved in this game)...

I don't want to start anything here, just want to make it clear that I took PIT's offer off the table and MacDaddy has just simply ignored it here...

PIT will not honour that contract above and thus making Salo still up for grabs for anyone that wants him - I have made a new offer for him and he can take it or leave it.

*now this kinda thing happens all the time in the "real" NHL - a team will make an offer and an agent takes too long in the GM's opinion in getting his client to sign and shops his client around hoping/looking for a better deal... now the GM that made the original (and only offer) waits and waits and finally gets a little peeved and takes their offer off the table and sometimes might make another lower offer to show that the team was unhappy at the way things where dealt with*

I know for a fact (well, I was told my MacDaddy mid week last week) that no-one else made an offer for Salo

Last edited:

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
Here is a fistful of signings to keep you occupied for a few hours.

Jason Allison signs with the Kings:
3 years, 10 million dollar contract 3.333333 mil per; 2 million bonus for 65 GP, 25 goals or 85 points

I hope to have Brett Hull and Mark Recchi signed today. Recchi is entertaining amind blowing 5 year deal and Hull has just had a team re-enter the sweepstakes.

WHAT??? My offer to Allison was MUCH better

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
Mike Knuble with the St Louis Blues:
3 years 7.5 million; (2.75; 2.5; 2) 250k signing bonus

Interesting to see Knuble turn down more money from Florida to sign in St. Louis, with some pretty interesting and heafty bonuses... :dunno:

MacDaddy TLC*

rinkrat13 said:
theres a big problem here... I took my offer for Salo off the table last night in an PM to MacDaddy - cuz of the fact that the deal was taking too long IMO to get made, the numerous admits MacDaddy made to try to get others to make offers for Salo and going as far as posting the exact amount I offered Salo in the first year - anyway, fact is I took the PIT's offer for Salo off the table last night (and made a new one) and MacDaddy PMed me before he made this post here and told me to hold tight cuz the deal for Salo (the old deal - the one above) would be approved some time today (and made this post 8 minutes later, we all know it takes a lot longe then 8 minutes to get any deal approved in this game)...

I don't want to start anything here, just want to make it clear that I took PIT's offer off the table and MacDaddy has just simply ignored it here...

PIT will not honour that contract above and thus making Salo still up for grabs for anyone that wants him - I have made a new offer for him and he can take it or leave it.

*now this kinda thing happens all the time in the "real" NHL - a team will make an offer and an agent takes too long in the GM's opinion in getting his client to sign and shops his client around hoping/looking for a better deal... now the GM that made the original (and only offer) waits and waits and finally gets a little peeved and takes their offer off the table and sometimes might make another lower offer to show that the team was unhappy at the way things where dealt with*

I know for a fact (well, I was told my MacDaddy mid week last week) that no-one else made an offer for Salo
The withdrawal was not received before I sent to the League for approaval, which was submitted last night. I got the message this morning.

MacDaddy TLC*

Desibasha said:
WHAT??? My offer to Allison was MUCH better
This has higher guaranteed money, plus a lotta bonus money, your offer had less guaranteed but chance to earn more through bonuses. Allison missed all of last season. He will take the guaranteed cash over the performance cash.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
The withdrawal was not received before I sent to the League for approaval, which was submitted last night. I got the message this morning.

although, I was told the Salo offer was sent for league approval at least a week ago (and I'm pretty sure it was a little longer then a week, more like a week and a half) and that wasn't true - IMO, you just wanted to see if Salo could fetch more and no-one took a bite.

I have the time of when my PM was sent to you and the time of when your PM about sending Salo's offer (to Danrik) came in to me - if you didn't get it till later on thats fine, I did send my PM regarding taking PIT's offer for Salo off the table and made a new offer for Salo...

I did get a PM from you at 10:07 am (ET) this morning mentioning that you were waiting on league approval on the "old" Salo offer - not even 3 minutes later you posted that the Salo deal was approved - kinda fishy to me...

bottom line is, Salo is not a Penguin as of right now. He is up for grabs for anyone to snatch him up (plus you all know now what it would take for a dal to go through).. I made a new offer for Salo - he can take it or leave it... sorry, but this the way it is and the way it's gonna be!

you snooze you loose - should've taken the offer a week ago

MacDaddy TLC*

The submissions for approval and Darnrik's acceptance both came before your withdrawal. It's in Danrik's hands now. No games were being played, too busy working and dealing with a pretty big shock to mess around.

Jon Burke

rinkrat13 said:

Can't we all just get along? ;)

I guess the only real thing to do here is to take you at your word. My initial responce when MacDaddy told me you had an issue with the signing was admittedly "Too bad", but I see your point here. The league will allow the signing to be "repealed" or whatever, but be a little more cautious with withdrawing your offers in the future. Not blaming you, as this whole incident seems based on bad timing, just saying that you need to be careful when pulling your offer off the table.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Danrik said:
Can't we all just get along? ;)

I guess the only real thing to do here is to take you at your word. My initial responce when MacDaddy told me you had an issue with the signing was admittedly "Too bad", but I see your point here. The league will allow the signing to be "repealed" or whatever, but be a little more cautious with withdrawing your offers in the future. Not blaming you, as this whole incident seems based on bad timing, just saying that you need to be careful when pulling your offer off the table.

Thanks Danrik for being so understanding here and I'd also like to let MacDaddy know that this not personal (or anything against him) I have always thought the two of you guys are doing a great job with this game.

I agree that the whole incident seems based on bad timing, though I hope everyone involved understands that this is what any GM would do if they were in my shoes - I can't wait for ever for Salo (or any player, not named Wayne :D ) to make up his mind on a UFA contract offer.

Thanks again and keep up the great work guys.

MacDaddy TLC*

Another load of signings:

Jason Marshall:
1 million per season for 2 seasons with the Ottawa Senators

Mark Recchi signs with Mighty Ducks:
5 years 22.5 million (5; 4.5; 4.5; 4.5; 4) 1 million dollar bonus for winning NHL awards; gets to take a trip to the car dealerships with GM Hercules Rockfeller and pick out some new wheels :)lol )

Jiri Bicek with the Devils:
2 years 1.5 million (750k) plus a player option for 900K

Lubomir Sekeres signing with the Lightning:
1 year 580k

Jiri Slegr with the Flames:
1 year 1.2 million

Martin Rucinsky with Atlanta:
2 years 5 million (2.5 per)

Maxim Kuznetsov with the Devils:
1 year 500k

Robert Svhela with the Ducks: 2 year deal worth $4 million, $2 million per year. Duckla Trencin is his team in Slovakia: 500k per year for Dukla Trencin

Jon Burke

rinkrat13 said:
Thanks Danrik for being so understanding here and I'd also like to let MacDaddy know that this not personal (or anything against him) I have always thought the two of you guys are doing a great job with this game.

I agree that the whole incident seems based on bad timing, though I hope everyone involved understands that this is what any GM would do if they were in my shoes - I can't wait for ever for Salo (or any player, not named Wayne :D ) to make up his mind on a UFA contract offer.

Thanks again and keep up the great work guys.

Well thanks for the kind words, nice to know our hard work is appreciated.

I definitely understand your perspective.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
what is this

Robert Svhela with the Ducks: 2 year deal worth $4 million, $2 million per year. Duckla Trencin is his team in Slovakia: 500k per year for Dukla Trencin
[/QUOTE]
Robert svehla is officially retired from the NHL. If this can go through, then the signing of Tverdovsky has to go through. what is this...why dont i just go over to the German League and pluck Rob Leask from a roster over there. Because you cant. Come on....

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
dwaynester said:
Robert svehla is officially retired from the NHL. If this can go through, then the signing of Tverdovsky has to go through. what is this...why dont i just go over to the German League and pluck Rob Leask from a roster over there. Because you cant. Come on....[/QUOTE]

Dominik Hasek came out of retirement. He is allowed to return to the NHL. He was going to return to Trawna, but JFJ wouldn't pay Dukla Trencin money, and convinced him to retire. I gave him a very nice deal, that gives Dukla Trencin good support.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
MacDaddy, a decision is needed

what is going on with Brett Hull. A decision is needed ASAP. If Hull is not signing with us, we need to explore other opportunities. Please make a final decision for Hull, and let us know.

MacDaddy TLC*

A whole whack of signings have been submitted for approval, leaving these as the only players I have offers that I haven't accepted yet:

This leaves on the list I have offers for:

Brett Hull (REALLY TOUGH to pick one--will do so tonight--those who have made offers, especially 3 of you have made such outstanding offers and the line ups are all very similar haven't made this one easy)

Jason Wiemer

Wes Walz (these two Wild players were held off as a courtesy to Wild GM, who was going to be out of town for the weekend, but I haven't heard back and it is now Wednesday so I will accept a deal on behalf of them tonight)

Josef Stumpel

Tommy Salo

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
dwaynester said:
what is going on with Brett Hull. A decision is needed ASAP. If Hull is not signing with us, we need to explore other opportunities. Please make a final decision for Hull, and let us know.

Recchi just signed, so like MacDaddy said, Hull will likely sign soon but only for a deal similar in monetary value to Recchi's.

MacDaddy TLC*

Here are some signings just approved:

Alex Khavanov with the Penguins:
3 years 5.6 million

Rob Zamuner with the Capitals:
1 year, 1 million

Shaun Van Allen with the Capitals:
2 years 2.4 million (1; 1.4)

Herc, Hull has 3 offers that are very acceptable, and that is what has made it difficult.

MacDaddy TLC*

3 contracts have been accepted and are about to be submitted to Danrik for Walz, Weimer, and Stumpel. Brett Hull has sent his contract to a team for their final ok with the terms he wanted, leaving Tommy Salo as the only player I received an offer for still out on the market. He is contemplating offers from Russia and Sweden now as well as North America.

MacDaddy TLC*

Signings:
Wes Walz: Colorado Avalanche:
4 years 10 million dollars (2.2;2.3;2.5; 3)

Jason Wiemer with the Ottawa Senators:
3 years 6.7 million (2; 2.2; 2.5)

Jozef Stumpel with the Tampa Bay Lightning:
3 years 9 million (3 per)+ club option at 3.2 mil

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Signings:
Wes Walz: Colorado Avalanche:
4 years 10 million dollars (2.2;2.3;2.5; 3)

Jason Wiemer with the Ottawa Senators:
3 years 6.7 million (2; 2.2; 2.5)

Jozef Stumpel with the Tampa Bay Lightning:
3 years 9 million (3 per)+ club option at 3.2 mil

wow...that's hot...and AvsGuy gets the shaft!!!

MacDaddy TLC*

3 years after his dad Bobby told him Montreal was the place to go, Brett Hull is a Hab!

2 years at 5 million per +option year at 5 million.

The criteria for the option season:
55 goals over the two seasons
4 playoff series wins
Cup final appearance

He only needs 1 to happen for year 3 to kick in.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
really, is this fair

Buffalo sent in a revised offer, guaranteeing the third year of the offer, not just the first 2.

you are telling me that, by offering the same money, guaranteeing the third year, and letting him still play with Datsyuk and Zetterberg isnt the best offer going???? Double check your emails. Buffalo offered a 3 year guaranteed contract, with many incentives, and the same money.

MacDaddy TLC*

It was a very hard decision. Buffalo did guarantee that third season at 4.5 million, and reuniting the Old goat and 2 kids line was very intriguing. What it ended up coming down to was who we thought Brett had the better chance of winning the cup with at the end of the day. Montreal looked to be the best option in the end due to a little better looking blueline and Theodore was head and shoulders the best goaltender.

We thank the other teams for their interest and wish them well going forward.

Besides in Buffalo do you think their may be some kind of 1999 cup winning goal backlash? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad