Danrik's Fantasy Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Danrik V.2 said:
Yes, I reduced the number of rounds to 25. The 50M per 20 man roster cap will remain in place, and I guess you'll have an extra $5M for your "farm". That work okay?

I guess it's a bit late to start it in the 6th round, so let's go for the 7th. :)

So our cap is really $55mil all up?

David Draiman

Lehtonen32 said:

lol, that's another way of looking at it... I'm in a weird mood today, can't quite think straight it seems... :)

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Lehtonen32 said:

Based on this quote from Danrik in the early going of the draft....

The salary cap applies to your 20 man roster, but there will be a seperate cap of $8M (and I'm willing to listen to any suggestions here if anyone thinks that's too high or low) on the "farm" team so people don't stack their farm team with guys like Pierre Turgeon or something ridiculous like that.

.... isn't it $50 M for your 20 man parent team and $8 M for your farm team. That's $58 M all in. Need another clarification please.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
bossy22 said:
Based on this quote from Danrik in the early going of the draft....

.... isn't it $50 M for your 20 man parent team and $8 M for your farm team. That's $58 M all in. Need another clarification please.

Oh wow I missed that announcement. Sorry all!

David Draiman

wolfen said:
I think the "non-roster" cap went from 8 mil to 5 mil, since there'll be fewer non-roster players...

Nailed the, uh, nail on the head. It's been changed because the rosters will now be smaller. Unless if you guys have a big problem with that. I dunno.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Danrik V.2 said:
Nailed the, uh, nail on the head. It's been changed because the rosters will now be smaller. Unless if you guys have a big problem with that. I dunno.

Clear as mud. ;)

$55 M all in.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
I obtained the Dallas team so do i have to put another Dal team in the roster thread or can i somehow edit the team that shadow originally posted ? I dont know alot about how this threads work. Hard to teach old dogs new tricks :dunce:

David Draiman

jcorb58 said:
I obtained the Dallas team so do i have to put another Dal team in the roster thread or can i somehow edit the team that shadow originally posted ? I dont know alot about how this threads work. Hard to teach old dogs new tricks :dunce:

Nope, you can't edit the old one. Can't even delete it. I suppose you could be nice to the mod of this forum and try to convince him to tidy it up. With that said, I'm not sure he would, I just know I'm such a darned nice guy I'd do it if I were asked ;)

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Danrik V.2 said:
Nope, you can't edit the old one. Can't even delete it. I suppose you could be nice to the mod of this forum and try to convince him to tidy it up. With that said, I'm not sure he would, I just know I'm such a darned nice guy I'd do it if I were asked ;)

Well if you didn't go awol for a couple of weeks you would be the mod! Can't you just ask for your job back? :)

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Danrik V.2 said:
No problem Danrik i will make a new one later Thanks

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys, remember me? I'm the guy who managed the teams Calgary and Dallas for a couple rounds but then fell off the face of the HF world. ;)

I would just like to say I am sorry for leaving out of no where and I really did want to continue this draft with my teams, but I had some problems and couldn't get on here for three weeks. It was pretty much a miserable two weeks out of the three, you know some days were good, but mostly it was bad.

Well, just wanted to let you guys know. :)

BlueBleeder

Sep 28, 2004
Looking for others
I think my Capitals match up very well with Jtuzzi's Canucks at center now.

Koivu, Demitra, Conroy vs Federov, Morrison, Draper

Although, I might shift Demitra to wing and move Conroy upto second line center.

David Draiman

Shadow said:
Hey guys, remember me? I'm the guy who managed the teams Calgary and Dallas for a couple rounds but then fell off the face of the HF world. ;)

I would just like to say I am sorry for leaving out of no where and I really did want to continue this draft with my teams, but I had some problems and couldn't get on here for three weeks. It was pretty much a miserable two weeks out of the three, you know some days were good, but mostly it was bad.

Well, just wanted to let you guys know. :)

Thanks for letting us know and also for not getting all uptight about us leaving you behind. And there's no need to apologize, there are more important things than hockey, obviously. I'm sorry we had to leave you behind but it was necessary

David Draiman

Lehtonen32 said:
Well if you didn't go awol for a couple of weeks you would be the mod! Can't you just ask for your job back? :)

I'm an unstable personality, but I'm improving. Maybe I'll ask for my job back down the line, but not now. I'm not sure they'd give it to me anyways.

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
BlueBleeder said:
I think my Capitals match up very well with Jtuzzi's Canucks at center now.

Koivu, Demitra, Conroy vs Federov, Morrison, Draper

Although, I might shift Demitra to wing and move Conroy upto second line center.

I'd say fedorov's in a different class than either koivu or demitra...

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Im bored so im doing how much salary is left to use for each team if there is a $50 million cap on 20 players (just doing the teams mentioned in the rosters thread and which are updated).

NYR (Lehtonen32): Salary left: $18,427,500, 13 players left to choose, $1,5 mil on average left for 1 player
WSH (Bluebleeder): $31,730,000, 13 players left, $2,4 million on average left
NYI (Bluebleeder): $33,977,751, 13 players left, $2,6 million on average left
MIN (Bluebleeder): $35,815,000, 13 players left, $2,75 million on average left
BUF (me): $37,400,000, 13 players left, $2,8 million left on average
STL (me): $37,470,000, 13 players left, $2,8 million left on average
EDM (jcorb58): $27,130,000, 13 players left, $2 million left on average
CBS (ORBluesfan): $39,260,000, 11 players left, $3,56 million left on average
PHI (Bossy22): $36,950,000, 14 players left, $2,63 million left on average
MTL (UltimoRoger): $27,400,000, 14 players left, $1,95 million left on average
PIT (PoP): $25,170,000, 13 players left, $1,93 million let on average
LA (Spitfire): $31,445,000, 13 players left, $2,41 million left on average
NJ (Spitfire): $31,825,000, 14 players left, $2,27 million left on average

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Well, thats only 13 teams. IF somebody would be so nice, somebody could do the rest for the remaining teams (and to make sure for the future they dont go over budget).

wolfen has a higher budget than you do:

Wolfen (TB): $19,840,421 remaining, 14 players remaining, 1,4 million on 1 player

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad