Danrik's Fantasy Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Danrik V.2 said:
I think you might've asked me this before and I never really answered. Or someone did, anyways.

It's something I admittedly haven't given much thought, but I think for now, I'll say, sure you may trade cash on one "condition", it goes to help pay a guy's salary. So in other words, if I picked Owen Nolan and traded him away, I could trade away only up to $6.5M, and no more. And I couldn't just trade cash for picks. I think there has to be some regulation... Thoughts?

Are you saying I could now have a 56.5 M salary cap or I have to stay at 50M but could add Nolan and the other Gm pay the salary which would count towards his 50M salary cap?

Did I lose you there? I have a habit of confusing people.lol

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
bossy22 said:
Are you saying I could now have a 56.5 M salary cap or I have to stay at 50M but could add Nolan and the other Gm pay the salary which would count towards his 50M salary cap?

Did I lose you there? I have a habit of confusing people.lol
no, say you got Nolan in a trade, and the person agreed to pay his salary. then nolan wouldnt count towards your cap. the 6.5 would count towards the other guys cap.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
jtuzzi21 said:
no, say you got Nolan in a trade, and the person agreed to pay his salary. then nolan wouldnt count towards your cap. the 6.5 would count towards the other guys cap.

You mean to respond yes to the second part of my point 1 or point 2 statement.

Dooh, I'm doing it again.

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
trade offer from detroit--

for the right price, the red wings would be willing to move up to 6 or 8 million in cap space... here's how it would work-

if there's an expensive player you're looking at taking, trade the pick to me and I'll draft the player, then trade them to you with some or all of their salary covered.

what I'm looking for in return depends on how much money I'm sending the other way.

David Draiman

wolfen said:
trade offer from detroit--

for the right price, the red wings would be willing to move up to 6 or 8 million in cap space... here's how it would work-

if there's an expensive player you're looking at taking, trade the pick to me and I'll draft the player, then trade them to you with some or all of their salary covered.

what I'm looking for in return depends on how much money I'm sending the other way.

If we allowed trades between two teams you own, you could trade some of that cap space to Tampa... ;) But we don't so that's a slight problem

David Draiman

What does it take to make this thread see some more traffic? :)

What is the best steal so far?

IMO, just off the top of my head, I'd say Mats Sundin in the fifth round. Yes, he's a hefty salary but he is a good all-around player who consistently produces points every year. I was a bit surprised Brewer dropped to the fourth round, Jagr to the end of the third, Fedorov to the fourth and Palffy to the third. I guess all of those guys (with the exception of Brewer) have big salaries, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
My defense is taking a real hit with guys I wanted being snatched up...I have a few guys in mind though...Im really liking my centers, Fedorov, Morrison, and Draper, and of course my goalie.

David Draiman

jtuzzi21 said:
My defense is taking a real hit with guys I wanted being snatched up...I have a few guys in mind though...Im really liking my centers, Fedorov, Morrison, and Draper, and of course my goalie.

Yeah, some people such as a former LA captain are still available, but he has a big salary. Mind you, that's why wolfen is around ;)

And of course you could always deal a player to get a good d-man...

You are pretty strong in the two afforementioned positions i agree... My panthers team doesn't look so good at this point, but they'll start snapping up players soon

David Draiman

12# Peter Bondra said:
A nice line IMO.

And while we are at it, what do you think of the Morrow-Lindros-Hossa line?

Not too shabby assuming Eric's soft head can remain intact, among other things.

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
hey danrik, what happens when somebody picks a player who's already taken?

do they get the rest of their time, or is the next guy on the clock?

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Assuming the canucker dont take him because ill be off line until tomorrow morning
Dal selects D Langkow

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
BlueBleeder said:
What do you think of the NYI top line - Elias - Gomez - Kovalev?

I think that's a very skilled line...

I do wonder what happens, 5-on-5, if the opposing team stops them from carrying the puck into the offensive zone. Can they dump the puck in and then dig it out along the boards?

either way they'd be murder on the power play...

David Draiman

wolfen said:
hey danrik, what happens when somebody picks a player who's already taken?

do they get the rest of their time, or is the next guy on the clock?

Next guy is up is generally the way I do it.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Danrik V.2 said:
Not too shabby assuming Eric's soft head can remain intact, among other things.
Thats the thing. I wanted to take a C who has a 8 digit salary but that would be over 21% of the payroll, which would mean Id have to take players who have low contracts.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Hey Danrik,

I understand you have reduced the # of rounds. Is that correct? If so, how does it affect the 50 M per 20 Man roster Salary Cap?

There was some discussion about reducing time limits from 12 to 6 hours? In what round will that start?

Thanks

bossy22

P.S. You are on the clock as jtuzzi21 missed his 12 hour limit.

David Draiman

bossy22 said:
Hey Danrik,

I understand you have reduced the # of rounds. Is that correct? If so, how does it affect the 50 M per 20 Man roster Salary Cap?

There was some discussion about reducing time limits from 12 to 6 hours? In what round will that start?

Thanks

bossy22

P.S. You are on the clock as jtuzzi21 missed his 12 hour limit.

Yes, I reduced the number of rounds to 25. The 50M per 20 man roster cap will remain in place, and I guess you'll have an extra $5M for your "farm". That work okay?

I guess it's a bit late to start it in the 6th round, so let's go for the 7th. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->