Danrik's Fantasy Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
BlueBleeder said:
Anyone think I made a mistake taking Loungo first?

Of the players drafted my top ten would of been

Kovalchuk- Best young player in the league
Luongo- Best young goalie- Good salary for this draft
Brodeur- Best goalie right now, big salary for this draft
Thornton- Unstoppable force when not injured
Nash- Awesome goal scorer
Heatley- Slipped abit because of his off ice problems
Iginla- The ultimate power forward
Hossa- Great skill at a decent salary
Ovechkin- In a couple years he could go top 3 in anyones draft
Tanguay- Surprize pick to some but was on St Louis pace if he didnt miss any
games last year.

Just my opinion. If salaries didnt matter i might think differant about this order.

David Draiman

jcorb58 said:
Hey Danrik if our budget was 80-100m would we see the Sakics, Forsbergs, Lidstroms and Prongers scooped up already ?

Yeah, I'd say we would've seen those guys snapped up already.

jcorb58 said:
Kovalchuk- Best young player in the league
Luongo- Best young goalie- Good salary for this draft
Brodeur- Best goalie right now, big salary for this draft
Thornton- Unstoppable force when not injured
Nash- Awesome goal scorer
Heatley- Slipped abit because of his off ice problems
Iginla- The ultimate power forward
Hossa- Great skill at a decent salary
Ovechkin- In a couple years he could go top 3 in anyones draft
Tanguay- Surprize pick to some but was on St Louis pace if he didnt miss any
games last year.

I agree mostly with your list, but I probably wouldn't rank Tanguay in the top ten. He's young yes and very talented, but at this point I wouldn't take him in the top ten IMO. Guys like St. Louis or Niedermayer would be higher on my list. Otherwise not too shabby, I agree mostly with your list.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Danrik V.2 said:
Yeah, I'd say we would've seen those guys snapped up already.

I agree mostly with your list, but I probably wouldn't rank Tanguay in the top ten. He's young yes and very talented, but at this point I wouldn't take him in the top ten IMO. Guys like St. Louis or Niedermayer would be higher on my list. Otherwise not too shabby, I agree mostly with your list.

I took Tanguay because he finished 11th in scoring. In only 69 gms he had 79 pts.
At that pace he would of been just behind St louis for the Art Ross race. He was at
a 1.146 ppg while StLoius was 1.149. At 1.5mil salary he seemed a bargain. Good draft so far. We will all never agree on everything.

David Draiman

jcorb58 said:
I took Tanguay because he finished 11th in scoring. In only 69 gms he had 79 pts.
At that pace he would of been just behind St louis for the Art Ross race. He was at
a 1.146 ppg while StLoius was 1.149. At 1.5mil salary he seemed a bargain. Good draft so far. We will all never agree on everything.

Yeah, the draft is pretty good so far. And you're right, Tanguay did have a good season, I just wouldn't rank him as high as you did. That's cool though, we all have our own opinions.

David Draiman

Surprised that a few players haven't gone yet, but I suspect with wolfen on the clock they'll be gone before long. We shall see I guess.

*crosses fingers*

David Draiman

:banghead:

The most pathetic part is I didn't realize he was still available...

:banghead:

David Draiman

Thoughts on the first deal of the draft?

To Florida: Martin Brodeur (G), 9th round pick, 10th round pick
To Columbus: 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, 7th round pick

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Danrik V.2 said:
Thoughts on the first deal of the draft?

To Florida: Martin Brodeur (G), 9th round pick, 10th round pick
To Columbus: 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, 7th round pick
Pretty fair trade. Brodeur is great, but he has a big salary, and you gave up some depth. He is the most dominant NHL'er, so that is what it takes.

David Draiman

Man Eugene (Col and Phx) hogs goalies. He has two for each team, that durned fool ;)

ARG :mad:

Ah well, I'll get one for the 'Canes somehow! :)

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Danrik V.2 said:
Man Eugene (Col and Phx) hogs goalies. He has two for each team, that durned fool ;)

ARG :mad:

Ah well, I'll get one for the 'Canes somehow! :)

well, if u guys leave Dipietro and Esche for me in the 2ND round...its a bit hard to pass that up. plus, i see there are plenty of good forwards left for me still...

David Draiman

2forsbergaura1 said:
well, if u guys leave Dipietro and Esche for me in the 2ND round...its a bit hard to pass that up. plus, i see there are plenty of good forwards left for me still...

:bonk:

(that first smilie is you, the second one is me)

;)

David Draiman

The Panthers are willing to move Marty Brodeur if the offer is right.

Also, the Hurricanes wouldn't mind acquiring a goaltender or else moving up in the draft so they can draft one.

Do PM me if you want to do a deal.

David Draiman

...bump...

This thread has had a slow, silent death it seems.

I'm still willing to move Brodeur, it seems my talks with the Canes about him fell apart so... Yeah, we're still willing to move him. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, Eugene. ;)

David Draiman

wolfen said:
hey danrik, can we include cash in trades?

for example could I trade away 5 million of my salary cap space?

I think you might've asked me this before and I never really answered. Or someone did, anyways.

It's something I admittedly haven't given much thought, but I think for now, I'll say, sure you may trade cash on one "condition", it goes to help pay a guy's salary. So in other words, if I picked Owen Nolan and traded him away, I could trade away only up to $6.5M, and no more. And I couldn't just trade cash for picks. I think there has to be some regulation... Thoughts?

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Danrik V.2 said:
I think you might've asked me this before and I never really answered. Or someone did, anyways.

It's something I admittedly haven't given much thought, but I think for now, I'll say, sure you may trade cash on one "condition", it goes to help pay a guy's salary. So in other words, if I picked Owen Nolan and traded him away, I could trade away only up to $6.5M, and no more. And I couldn't just trade cash for picks. I think there has to be some regulation... Thoughts?
good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad