Waived: Danny DeKeyser

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Dekeyser is pretty cooked. Loved this guy his first couple of years in the league, but the injuries have really worn down him down.

I actually think he is similar to Ericsson in this regard. Both guys played way above really their ideal slots and got hurt and were made worse with contracts they really couldn't live up to. They weren't bad players, they were just kind of flawed and we made that worse because of the spots we put them in. I wish the best for DeKeyser, this certainly doesn't sound encouraging, there are guys that wash out of the league at 30 because of injury, we kind of just don't like to talk about it. There are former all-stars that fall out of the league entirely like that, far easier for guys of DeKeyser's ilk.

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
tough to remember that far back but from memory:

excitement but nothing super over the top

other teams wanted him too so there was definitely some positive feelings about landing him but I don't think anyone was really expecting anything more than a guy that could step in pretty quick and hopefully be a second pairing type which was pretty much exactly what he ended up being
Yeah I remember the general excitement because he was sought after; I think that was also around peak Babcock 'it sure would be nice to have a RHD'... and along came lefty
wish the guy all the best

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Think cholowski gets a look?
Sit/trade Nemeth & call up Cholo for PP2 option? Likely Cholo's last season in DET, possibly even NHL, so we gotta see if he can cut it?

DDK for ADA+ Chytil? helps PP/5on5, young C depth.

I don't think this will happen, doubt NY gives up Chytil to get rid of ADA's cap, they already have $7M cap reserve as of today, will be 3.5x that @TDL. However, they do get a Top4 Dman when healthy/healed who can help for a few years, or a trade chip. Doubtful SY wants a PR headache & a potential/probable polarizing player on a rebuilding young team. But I wouldn't rule it out either (our PP1&2 are that bad).

also Marc Staal's comments on ADA from 2-13-21 make me think there's smoke/fire:
Around the NHL 2020-2021 | Offseason Edition

Last edited:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Interesting. As I mentioned elsewhere, hopefully this is a "work with a nutritionist and hit the weight room for a month" situation. That's probably a longer term plan that doesn't suit itself to continual scratching.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Tony DeAngelo trade coming?
I wouldn't be surprised at all, based on Staal's comments & our need.

2-13-21:

"
Red Wing Marc Staal weighs in.

Marc Staal is as well respected around the league as it gets. He was DeAngelo’s on-ice partner most of the past two seasons before the veteran was sent to Detroit this offseason. The pair developed a bond off the ice, as well.

“There has never been any indication at all that Tony has racist tendencies,” No. 18 told The Post. “I hear these things about him, and it’s as if they’re talking about a different person. The guys here in Detroit, they’re all super-curious about him.

“I feel bad for him, to be honest. Whether it’s the junior stuff that warps into this, I don’t know. He’s a lightning rod, and yeah, he yells at coaches and referees and he has these moments where he goes overboard, but he’s a good teammate.
“Racist? I’m telling you, some of this stuff is just insane.”
"

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/ex-rangers-player-tony-deangelo-bares-soul-in-interview/

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

2-13-21:

"

Marc Staal is as well respected around the league as it gets. He was DeAngelo’s on-ice partner most of the past two seasons before the veteran was sent to Detroit this offseason. The pair developed a bond off the ice, as well.
“There has never been any indication at all that Tony has racist tendencies,” No. 18 told The Post. “I hear these things about him, and it’s as if they’re talking about a different person. The guys here in Detroit, they’re all super-curious about him.
“I feel bad for him, to be honest. Whether it’s the junior stuff that warps into this, I don’t know. He’s a lightning rod, and yeah, he yells at coaches and referees and he has these moments where he goes overboard, but he’s a good teammate.
"

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/ex-rangers-player-tony-deangelo-bares-soul-in-interview/
Lies he is mean. We don't want him. He is a very bad boy! He needs a spanking.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Galychenuk is just crap from a different yard here folks.

Abdutely nothing to see there
Setting aside that he was 3OA the kid isn't too bad. He did okay his one year out here in the desert and put in some solid work in Montreal. While it is not saying much at this juncture in time Galchenyuk is better than a lot of options on the Wings now. Not a glowing endorsement to have Yzerman put in a claim but the kid is not minced meat.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

2-13-21:

"

"

the part about the guys in Detroit are super curious about him makes me think we might actually be bringing this guy in.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Possibly. DeAngelo could also be a hot locker room topic too. May be curiosity about the kid that people want info about.
For sure. Just with the way staal talked about him made me think maybe it’s more of a possibility than I thought

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
When a player is claimed is there any compensatory picks provided or is the claiming team free since the salary of the player is being claimed? For some reason I was thinking the claiming team had to give up a draft pick but not seeing anything online and believe I am wrong in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad