Waived: Danny DeKeyser

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
Should we take a chance on Galchenyuk? does he have any problems besides his recent offensive production?
DDK getting waived is a surprise though...

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
He upgrades our PP, even with all his struggles in the league, he is far better than a lot of our options there.
Yep and he slots in on the 3rd line and can create offense. When healthy they can run this as a top 9.

Bert-Larkin-Zadina
Mantha-Fabbri-Ryan
Galchenyuk-Namestnikov-Brome

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I’d personally take a flier on a guy like glachenyuk

kinda weird that Carolina just traded for him and are now waiving him without even playing him a single game

was he just a throw-in nobody wanted with Ottawa trying to save themselves his barely over league minimum cap hit or what?

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
kinda weird that Carolina just traded for him and are now waiving him without even playing him a single game

was he just a throw-in nobody wanted with Ottawa trying to save themselves his barely over league minimum cap hit or what?
I've read Carolina may be getting rid of salary for another move. who knows?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

Could be to make money work and Carolina could be hoping he gets to the taxi squad cause he’s good scoring depth if someone gets injured/covid. I personally take the flier. Guy is only 27 and has produced. Could be a Fabbri type player for us. Minimum risk with upside. It’s a move wings should be making over playing guys like Nielsen and fil

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Could be to make money work and Carolina could be hoping he gets to the taxi squad cause he’s good scoring depth if someone gets injured/covid. I personally take the flier. Guy is only 27 and has produced. Could be a Fabbri type player for us. Minimum risk with upside. It’s a move wings should be making over playing guys like Nielsen and fil

yeah I wouldn't expect much out of him but no real downside to it

even his contract on top of being cheap doesn't go beyond this year so super easy to get rid of if he doesn't work out

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

*second time having to post this because mobile ads I this site are toxic*

They traded the best player in the deal in Dzingel and shed 1 mil in cap, if Galchenyuk is claimed they shed another 1 million in cap, there is no other reason I could see for them to make the trade.

Last edited:

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
I hadn't quite made it over to these boards when he originally signed-- what kind of reactions can I expect to see if I go digging back through them? Over on the site formally-known-as PHT I remember a few clowns throwing around future-Norris talk

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I hadn't quite made it over to these boards when he originally signed-- what kind of reactions can I expect to see if I go digging back through them? Over on the site formally-known-as PHT I remember a few clowns throwing around future-Norris talk

tough to remember that far back but from memory:

excitement but nothing super over the top

other teams wanted him too so there was definitely some positive feelings about landing him but I don't think anyone was really expecting anything more than a guy that could step in pretty quick and hopefully be a second pairing type which was pretty much exactly what he ended up being

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad