Denmark: Danish Prospects

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Schmidt has done well in the USPHL this year, his production has been great in NA because he has an elite NHL-caliber shot but other than that I don't see any other part of his game warranting a draft pick. He does have the hype though.

So in terms of for instance vision/awareness, skating and strength/aggressiveness, you feel he is lacking for NHL-drafting? Some things can be improved by training, though - others much harder.
Having an elite shot is at least a great quality - but it makes you kind of a boom or bust player. So your shot has to be REALLY elite to get to the top.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Mathias From got his SHL debut for Rögle last night. He's coming along quite nicely, and is doing well for Rögles U20 team.

Danmark

May 5, 2014
And he have had a couple of shots in todays game, according to the game sheet. Nice to see, he is playing his own game!

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Some prospects notes at the end of the year

U17 West
Andreas Kleist Christiansen (2000), Esbjerg.
Famous / notorious player in U17 West. He has 33 points in 14 games and is no. 4 on the high scorer list. He has made most goals of all players in the league with 21. His team has scored a total of 55 goals meaning he has been directly involved in 60% of his teams goals. That is impressive taken into consideration that he has spend almost as much time in the penalty-box as on ice! He has 99 PIMs in total including 2 game (20 min) and 3 MISC (10 min)! He has not appeared on the Danish U16 team this season to my surprise, despite the fact that he is very productive, but maybe his temper has something to do with it?

U17 East
Alberto Pison (2001), Rødovre.
Big prospect from Rødovre does very well in the U17 league despite being 2 years underage. He is currently no. 3 on the high scorer list with 36 points in 11 games and with 3,27 PPG he is best off all. He seems to have distanced himself from the other talented 2001 born players from Rødovre.

U15 West
Christian Kongsbak Dreier (2001), Frederikshavn
He lights up a rather weak Frederikshavn team, and is a big part of why they are not last in the league. He currently occupies the no. 2 spot on the high scorer list with 25 goals and 17 assists for 42 points in 17 games, and has been directly involved in 55% of his teams goals.

U15 East
Markus Almquist (2003), Rødovre.
Another big prospect from Rødovre and also 2 years underage in his league. He is currently a shared no. 1 on the high scorer list with 53 points in 15 games. With 39 goals he has scored 25% of his teams goals.
Besides playing in U15 East, he is also playing with Rødovre in U13, U14 and U15 in Skåne regional league (SWE). There he currently has 26 goals and 13 assists for 39 points in 16 games. He has been involved in around half his teams goals.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
When I quickly scrolled down the HF index, I thought this thread read " Amish prospects". Just thought I would share that.

Amish%2BIce%2BHockey.jpg

Danmark

May 5, 2014
I look forward to see, Nikolaj Krag and Jonas Røndbjerg, in J18 World Cup against people their own age.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
U17 West
Andreas Kleist Christiansen (2000), Esbjerg.
Famous / notorious player in U17 West. He has 33 points in 14 games and is no. 4 on the high scorer list. He has made most goals of all players in the league with 21. His team has scored a total of 55 goals meaning he has been directly involved in 60% of his teams goals. That is impressive taken into consideration that he has spend almost as much time in the penalty-box as on ice! He has 99 PIMs in total including 2 game (20 min) and 3 MISC (10 min)! He has not appeared on the Danish U16 team this season to my surprise, despite the fact that he is very productive, but maybe his temper has something to do with it?

U17 East
Alberto Pison (2001), Rødovre.
Big prospect from Rødovre does very well in the U17 league despite being 2 years underage. He is currently no. 3 on the high scorer list with 36 points in 11 games and with 3,27 PPG he is best off all. He seems to have distanced himself from the other talented 2001 born players from Rødovre.

U15 West
Christian Kongsbak Dreier (2001), Frederikshavn
He lights up a rather weak Frederikshavn team, and is a big part of why they are not last in the league. He currently occupies the no. 2 spot on the high scorer list with 25 goals and 17 assists for 42 points in 17 games, and has been directly involved in 55% of his teams goals.

U15 East
Markus Almquist (2003), Rødovre.
Another big prospect from Rødovre and also 2 years underage in his league. He is currently a shared no. 1 on the high scorer list with 53 points in 15 games. With 39 goals he has scored 25% of his teams goals.
Besides playing in U15 East, he is also playing with Rødovre in U13, U14 and U15 in Skåne regional league (SWE). There he currently has 26 goals and 13 assists for 39 points in 16 games. He has been involved in around half his teams goals.

Thanks for this evaluation, Valdemar.
If this idea you have it correct - Andreas Kleist Christiansen must really have an uncontrollable temper for not being on the Danish U16. It must mean that even the U16 coach think him out of control?
Hopefully missing all the U16 "junior fun" will make him learn to control himself -> these things can be age related and go over with time; BUT if these temper-boys doesn't learn the lesson early, it will likely be career destroying.
Another reason for all the penalties could be absolutely reckless playing style?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

One thing is certain: An Amish will always play "by the book" - so don't expect any sinful moves here at home-ice!
Unless - based on the beard he could be 16 - he is old enough to go "rumspringa". Then all moves can be tested and he can dangle anywhere dressed as an "English"!

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
One thing is certain: An Amish will always play "by the book" - so don't expect any sinful moves here at home-ice!
Unless - based on the beard he could be 16 - he is old enough to go "rumspringa". Then all moves can be tested and he can dangle anywhere dressed as an "English"!

You guess he's 16 based on the beard? I'm in my 20s and don't get much more than down on my chin. Oh to be genetically challenged. :shakehead

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
You guess he's 16 based on the beard? I'm in my 20s and don't get much more than down on my chin. Oh to be genetically challenged. :shakehead

It's just that Amish go rumspringa when they are 16....
Off course he could just have returned from that and be 17-18 (I think a year out in the world is minimum).
You are right, that beards don't come easy for all [I guess I'm average in beard genes].
Nothing better than having fisherman genes - those thick beards especially covering the throat must have been a lifesaver in the cold winds. [I can't claim that myself, but I have a friend from Fanø and he can grow "fur" there, so thick].

Vil_han_klare_pynten.jpg

Source: http://billedkunst.meloni.dk.web15....iotek/Michael_Ancher/Vil_han_klare_pynten.jpg
One young guy (ladies man? :laugh: ) is weirdly without beard on this image from Skagen by Michael Ancher, but otherwise that is a study of great beards to have :yo:

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
believe me, having too much beard and beard growth can also be a pain in the ass, have been growing full beards since 16, and today I have to shave every day if I dont want to look like a heavy metal growler.

1 week and I have a pretty big beard. I hate it!!!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
believe me, having too much beard and beard growth can also be a pain in the ass, have been growing full beards since 16, and today I have to shave every day if I dont want to look like a heavy metal growler.

1 week and I have a pretty big beard. I hate it!!!

Well as a scientist, who would mind??? Actually a LOT of scientist have the heavy metal look, many of them in fact mathematicians for some reason!
Nothing wrong with wild beards - unless you are afraid to get it stuck in a turbine or something or have some kind of phobia against static electricity effects :laugh:
Besides beards sprouting wild "crazy scientist" hair just adds to the aura of wisdom - just see chemist Martyn Poliakoff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4l2DQ0n4s [you would love many of his videos].

I think we can conclude that also Danish hockey players and prospects has a serious lack of beards :laugh:
The "Zeitgeist" today is being well-groomed - which is a shame since afro-hair and hockey helmets would be an awesome combination, especially if the helmets had gaps for which the hair to pop out off.

Morten Lie at least sprouted great growth:
morten_lie_fwh.jpg

Source: http://www.eliteprospects.com/layout/players/morten_lie_fwh.jpg

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well as a scientist, who would mind??? Actually a LOT of scientist have the heavy metal look, many of them in fact mathematicians for some reason!
Nothing wrong with wild beards - unless you are afraid to get it stuck in a turbine or something or have some kind of phobia against static electricity effects :laugh:
Besides beards sprouting wild "crazy scientist" hair just adds to the aura of wisdom - just see chemist Martyn Poliakoff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4l2DQ0n4s [you would love many of his videos].

I think we can conclude that also Danish hockey players and prospects has a serious lack of beards :laugh:
The "Zeitgeist" today is being well-groomed - which is a shame since afro-hair and hockey helmets would be an awesome combination, especially if the helmets had gaps for which the hair to pop out off.

Morten Lie at least sprouted great growth:
morten_lie_fwh.jpg

Source: http://www.eliteprospects.com/layout/players/morten_lie_fwh.jpg

haha quite true, allot of e mathies at my workplace have beards, im more into physics, we rock the trekkie look :laugh:

Poliakoff is quite the rockstar in my circles :)

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Slightly amused at the number of math people in this forum. :) Reminds me of Bent Kølvig, my former Data teacher at elementary school. He was a goal judge at 'Kostalden' (remember those?), father of hockey linesman Kent Kølvig and a one-time Danish national chess champion! :yo:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Slightly amused at the number of math people in this forum. :) Reminds me of Bent Kølvig, my former Data teacher at elementary school. He was a goal judge at 'Kostalden' (remember those?), father of hockey linesman Kent Kølvig and a one-time Danish national chess champion! :yo:

wow....you went to Hendriksholm Skole also????? Me too from 1980-90.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
Thanks for this evaluation, Valdemar.
If this idea you have it correct - Andreas Kleist Christiansen must really have an uncontrollable temper for not being on the Danish U16. It must mean that even the U16 coach think him out of control?
Hopefully missing all the U16 "junior fun" will make him learn to control himself -> these things can be age related and go over with time; BUT if these temper-boys doesn't learn the lesson early, it will likely be career destroying.
Another reason for all the penalties could be absolutely reckless playing style?

I'm not entirely sure you should put too much scouting emphasize on a guy scouting Danish talents from Sevilla, Spain :)

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
I'm not entirely sure you should put too much scouting emphasize on a guy scouting Danish talents from Sevilla, Spain :)

Most of us have seldom seen the J16 or J18 prospects on the ice. That goes for Valdemar too - as he is the first to admit. But usually he does his home work well, with both stats and what he reads from hockey magazines etc.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007

Don't worry, nobody takes me serious, not even my kids. :)

I have never tried to pretend that I'm something I'm not; I'm just a hockey fan that is following danish youth hockey through stats, streams and articles. But I can assure you that it is more fun to watch stats in Sevilla than in Aarhus, specially this time of the year.

Do you believe the above premises disqualifies me from participating in discussions on this board?

Thank you Sofaw for taking me into defense, that is class act.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad