Denmark: Danish League 2014-15

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So since you watch the Herlev games what is your opinions so far of the players?
It seems that Antti Hölli is the star player so far (no wonder since he actually came from Ilves), but after that forward skills wears off drastically.....? Only 9 goals in 5 matches.

You should expect a little more from the young guns (Nicky Kisum, Jonas Sass, Sebastian Svendsen, Dallas Maxwell) than they have showed so far.
The two Canadians forwards that came from the English league (Doucet, Leinweber) doesn't really seem like an import upgrade yet.
Trevor Koenig hasn't seem to steal games yet as he did last year in goal.
The defense has only allowed 13 goals, so they have been playing to a good standard (same as Herning by the way).

Hölli is the only reason Herlev has been producing, he is good and he looks like he actually wants to win.

The young guys have been dissapointing except for Sass, he hasn't been great but he hasnt been bad. He had a great last game.

Herlev have actually had more puck possession and more shots in most games, but are very ineffective. A good example is a 5 on 3 situation from Friday where first the Rungsted goalie makes an incredible save on a hard shot, after the save he is way out of position and Herlev shoots again, this time being saved by the ankle of a Rungsted defender, then the goal is completely open and they hit the bar.

Leinweber and Doucet have been major dissapointments. Doucet does not look like he was the topscorer in England last season, unless the English league is way worse than I thought.

Leinweber couldn't take a psss to save his life, it's like he has NO arm strangth what so ever.

The real problem is the coach, Per Djoos, it's like he does not know what to do. Herlev has more shotsand more possession, but NO gameplan. They all just hog the puck and hope for the best.

Trevor looked average at best, didn't let up bad goals perse, but he doesn't make those big saves youd expect from a number 1 goalie.

One more thing about Leinweber and Doucet, they were LAZY, not clearing the zones during offside plays, not coming back home. It's like they just come here for a holiday. Ive heard several players comment the Danish league was better than they expected.
It seems teams should brief the players better on what is expected from them.

As mentioned Herlev were cheated for a regulation lead, it was a clear goal he waved off as not crossing the goal line first, but EVERYBODY saw it had clearly crossed the line. The ref then changed the explanation to offside in the goal area, which was also complete BS.

The ref was that 22 year old pudgy guy... Way too young and way to inexperienced.

So far they have not been as good as they should have been. But let's see.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Hölli is the only reason Herlev has been producing, he is good and he looks like he actually wants to win.

The young guys have been dissapointing except for Sass, he hasn't been great but he hasnt been bad. He had a great last game.

Herlev have actually had more puck possession and more shots in most games, but are very ineffective. A good example is a 5 on 3 situation from Friday where first the Rungsted goalie makes an incredible save on a hard shot, after the save he is way out of position and Herlev shoots again, this time being saved by the ankle of a Rungsted defender, then the goal is completely open and they hit the bar.

Leinweber and Doucet have been major dissapointments. Doucet does not look like he was the topscorer in England last season, unless the English league is way worse than I thought.

Leinweber couldn't take a psss to save his life, it's like he has NO arm strangth what so ever.

The real problem is the coach, Per Djoos, it's like he does not know what to do. Herlev has more shotsand more possession, but NO gameplan. They all just hog the puck and hope for the best.

Trevor looked average at best, didn't let up bad goals perse, but he doesn't make those big saves youd expect from a number 1 goalie.

One more thing about Leinweber and Doucet, they were LAZY, not clearing the zones during offside plays, not coming back home. It's like they just come here for a holiday. Ive heard several players comment the Danish league was better than they expected.
It seems teams should brief the players better on what is expected from them.

As mentioned Herlev were cheated for a regulation lead, it was a clear goal he waved off as not crossing the goal line first, but EVERYBODY saw it had clearly crossed the line. The ref then changed the explanation to offside in the goal area, which was also complete BS.

The ref was that 22 year old pudgy guy... Way too young and way to inexperienced.

So far they have not been as good as they should have been. But let's see.

Great to see another spirited comment ;) [it's definitely not Herlev anno 1984 - doesn't Barbin and Barth*have sons....].

I think you touch a very common reaction from some North American players, that arrive thinking they are going to be paid to play in a beer league. If they arrived from Canada to the English league and then move on to Denmark they might risk having that attitude?! Then they have some difficulty settling back to a more high-performance game.
[Off course you also get North American players that just bombs away like Alex Leavitt last season - but he had been around in many European leagues already].

If you see the all the Finnish imports this season (Hölli in Herlev, Vaskivuo in Aalborg & Muhonen and Saarinen in Gentofte) they are all PPG or better! Especially Gentofte that I thought would be getting ripped apart have actually two finns keeping them level with the other teams so far.
The Finns don't have that illusion about Danish hockey and they are used to work hard.

So maybe it's an import lesson for Herlev. If you get North American players, get some that already know for instance Allsvenskan, Norwegian or Danish hockey as they know the level they will play in.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Great to see another spirited comment ;) [it's definitely not Herlev anno 1984 - doesn't Barbin and Barth*have sons....].

I think you touch a very common reaction from some North American players, that arrive thinking they are going to be paid to play in a beer league. If they arrived from Canada to the English league and then move on to Denmark they might risk having that attitude?! Then they have some difficulty settling back to a more high-performance game.
[Off course you also get North American players that just bombs away like Alex Leavitt last season - but he had been around in many European leagues already].

If you see the all the Finnish imports this season (Hölli in Herlev, Vaskivuo in Aalborg & Muhonen and Saarinen in Gentofte) they are all PPG or better! Especially Gentofte that I thought would be getting ripped apart have actually two finns keeping them level with the other teams so far.
The Finns don't have that illusion about Danish hockey and they are used to work hard.

So maybe it's an import lesson for Herlev. If you get North American players, get some that already know for instance Allsvenskan, Norwegian or Danish hockey as they know the level they will play in.

You know me:sarcasm:

Ahh but it is ok to be critical, the team should be able to do more with what they have. Sponsors have put a lot of money into Herlev this year, and if they don't deliver it wont happen again next year, so these players need to realize this is not a Holiday destination.

Other than that, I don't go to, too many games since a "new" segment of Herlev supporters only seem to wanna get drunk and threaten people. They even shout at you if you dont chant all the time like they do.

But you are right about the finns, they seem to be honest workhorses all of them.

But is it too much to ask of imports that they take their jobs seriously?

I think not....

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
You know me:sarcasm:

Ahh but it is ok to be critical, the team should be able to do more with what they have. Sponsors have put a lot of money into Herlev this year, and if they don't deliver it wont happen again next year, so these players need to realize this is not a Holiday destination.

Other than that, I don't go to, too many games since a "new" segment of Herlev supporters only seem to wanna get drunk and threaten people. They even shout at you if you dont chant all the time like they do.

But you are right about the finns, they seem to be honest workhorses all of them.

But is it too much to ask of imports that they take their jobs seriously?

I think not....

That is pretty serious then. So hopefully they wake up soon. Luckily the league is so even that with a little more luck (and hard work) Herlev can rise......
Really bad thing if this kind of fan culture establish itself in Herlev and drive out the old fans. It's not that they have a massive attendance to start with. The club need to really hit hard and fast on that one if they have any brains.....

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
That is pretty serious then. So hopefully they wake up soon. Luckily the league is so even that with a little more luck (and hard work) Herlev can rise......
Really bad thing if this kind of fan culture establish itself in Herlev and drive out the old fans. It's not that they have a massive attendance to start with. The club need to really hit hard and fast on that one if they have any brains.....

Exactly, it's not just a hobby for the club, it is serious, and alot of people are depending on this team staying in the top league.

True, I havent been to Herlev games that many years back - So I didn't get too see alot of the old following - All I know is that in the last 2 years more and more Brondby fans have become Herlev Eagle fans - They chant Brondby songs with Herlev words and act like football hooligans. I had to push one away on friday since he was about to smash my face in because I wouldn't shout myself hoarse.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Exactly, it's not just a hobby for the club, it is serious, and alot of people are depending on this team staying in the top league.

True, I havent been to Herlev games that many years back - So I didn't get too see alot of the old following - All I know is that in the last 2 years more and more Brondby fans have become Herlev Eagle fans - They chant Brondby songs with Herlev words and act like football hooligans. I had to push one away on friday since he was about to smash my face in because I wouldn't shout myself hoarse.

That's funny. It's not many years ago Herlev was FCK-oriented :laugh:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Yup, that's the old boys...

Not anymore, all southsiders, is that the right name?

They used to attend Rødovre, but apparently they have gotten rid of them. Maybe they just went 5 km North to the next club? I will ask my friend in the Herlev board whether they are aware of these troublemakers.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
They used to attend Rødovre, but apparently they have gotten rid of them. Maybe they just went 5 km North to the next club? I will ask my friend in the Herlev board whether they are aware of these troublemakers.

Cheers, i Think they go by the name Evil Eagles...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Round 6:

Aalborg - SønderjydskE: 3-4 [Shots 33-43, SønderjydskE moving to the lead]

Edit:
Rest of round 6 was pretty disastrous for the Copenhagen clubs:
Esbjerg - Herlev: 4-0 [Shots 30-24].
Frederikshavn - Rødovre: 4-0 [Shots 37-17]
Herning - Gentofte: 5-1 [Shots 39-26]
Rungsted - Odense: 1-3 [Shots 39-35]

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Round 7:

Finally the Danish league is splitting up as expected with the Jutland teams in the top and the Copenhagen teams in the bottom, but still surprises lurks:

Gentofte - Frederikshavn: 2-4 [Shots 29-39]
Herlev - Herning: 3-2 OT [Shots 23-24; Surprising Herlev win]
Odense - Esbjerg: 5-4 SO [Shots 21-27]

Rungsted - Aalborg: 3-1 [Shots 22-46, Rungsted with another surprise win].

Rødovre - SønderjydskE: 3-2 OT [Shots 35-54, that is an insane amount of shots !].

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Round 8:

First game has been played. Rungsted delivered another surprise
Esbjerg - Rungsted: 3-6 [Shots 38-20, Esbjerg can't be happy with that kind of goaltending]

Aalborg - Rødovre: 0-2 [Shots 35-37, Rødovre is playing well lately, while Aalborg is slumping after a good start]
Frederikshavn - Herlev: 4-3 OT [Shots 51-25, another OT loss for Herlev]
SønderjydskE - Gentofte: 6-3 [Shots 25-23, more close than expected]
Herning - Odense: 2-3 OT [Shots 30-25, Surprising win for Odense]

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Otherwise I have to comment that Sebastian Dahm has an absolute stunning start for Rødovre.

With Frederik Andersen probably will be in the playoffs, Patrick Galbraith having a less good year for Karlskrona than last year and Simon Nielsen really struggling lately it could be his year to finally break into the NT for the WC?! He should at least be the backup to Galbraith now!

So far in 8 games he has 94,6% saves and a 1,99 GAA.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ninth round bring yet again surprises:

Odense - SønderjydskE: 3-2 OT [Shots 31-28, third OT win in a row for Odense]

Herning - Rungsted: 3-4 OT [Shots 34-27, third OT loss in a row for Herning]

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Rest of round 9 + some round 10 games:

Esbjerg - Aalborg: 7-4 [Shots 40-29, after the good start Aalborg is really slumping right now - Aaron Lee hat trick for Esbjerg].

Gentofte-Rødovre: 1-6 [Shots 32-37, still great goaltending from Dahm]

Odense - Frederikshavn: 6-4 [Shots 33-30; Odense really on a roll]

Herlev-SønderjydskE: 2-5 [Shots 27-32]

Rungsted - Herning: 2-5 [Shots 24-27, Herning broke the OT losing trend]

So Herlev (6p), Gentofte (8) & Aalborg (9) are getting a bit isolated in the bottom as the next team Esbjerg has 14P.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yesterdays matches:

Herlev - Rødovre: 3-2 [Shots 26-28, important win for Herlev]

Esbjerg - Herning: 1-5 [Shots 51-18 (!!)]

Rungsted - Frederikshavn: 2-5 [Shots 34-34]

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Mostly round 11:

Frederikshavn - Esbjerg: 2-5 [Shots 31-20]
Gentofte - Herlev: 2-3 [Shots 31-15, Herlev for the first time in top8 this season]
Rødovre - Odense: 2-3 OT [Shots 40-32, Odense keeps winning]
SønderjydskE - Rungsted: 6-2 [Shots 24-25]

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I'm a bit late, but here is some Danish league updates:

Herning - Aalborg: 2-5 [Shots 28-38]

"Mostly round 12“
Esbjerg - SønderjydskE: 2-7 [Shots 31-36]
Aalborg - Herlev: 2-1 [Shots 36-34]
Herning - Frederikshavn: 2-3 [Shots 29-24]
Odense - Gentofte: 6-2 [Shots 39-24]
Rungsted - Rødovre: 1-4 [Shots 35-32]

“The home-team loser round“:
SønderjydskE - Herning: 1-8 [Shots 36-25, Another crazy result]
Rødovre - Esbjerg: 2-8 [Shots 29-39]
Herlev - Odense: 2-4 [Shots 36-25; Odense just keeps winning lately - 7th win in regular or OT in a row!!]
Gentofte - Rungsted: 2-3 [Shots 34-23; Gentofte getting isolated in the bottom].

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I'm a bit late, but here is some Danish league updates:

Herning - Aalborg: 2-5 [Shots 28-38]

"Mostly round 12“
Esbjerg - SønderjydskE: 2-7 [Shots 31-36]
Aalborg - Herlev: 2-1 [Shots 36-34]
Herning - Frederikshavn: 2-3 [Shots 29-24]
Odense - Gentofte: 6-2 [Shots 39-24]
Rungsted - Rødovre: 1-4 [Shots 35-32]

“The home-team loser round“:
SønderjydskE - Herning: 1-8 [Shots 36-25, Another crazy result]
Rødovre - Esbjerg: 2-8 [Shots 29-39]
Herlev - Odense: 2-4 [Shots 36-25; Odense just keeps winning lately - 7th win in regular or OT in a row!!]
Gentofte - Rungsted: 2-3 [Shots 34-23; Gentofte getting isolated in the bottom].

Didn't mind you skipping that one... Sebastian Dahm gets half a day off and baaaam! You're down 5-0(I think it was).

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Didn't mind you skipping that one... Sebastian Dahm gets half a day off and baaaam! You're down 5-0(I think it was).

At least it shows even more how good he has been so far ;)

The league have finally on the way to be broken in half, but it took a lot longer than I expected
The really surprising part is that Odense now leads the league after their 8th win in a row. Truly impressive streak!

Yesterdays games:

SønderjydskE - Frederikshavn: 0-1 [Shots 33-23; Another loss for SønderjydskE after the Herning blowout]
Esbjerg - Gentofte: 5-4 OT [Shots 28-13]
Odense - Aalborg: 4-3 [Shots 33-23]
Rungsted - Herlev: 3-4 [Shots 36-33, Herlev avoids isolation in the bottom with Gentofte].

Odense: 14G - 29P
SønderjydskE: 14G - 26P
Herning: 14G - 25P
Frederikshavn: 13G - 24P
Esbjerg: 14G - 22P
Rødovre: 13G - 21P
Rungsted: 15G - 18P
Aalborg: 12G - 15P
Herlev: 14G - 15P
Gentofte: 13G - 09P

Odense way better than anyone could have thought - also Esbjerg and Rungsted doing above expectations (actually so to is Gentofte even though they are last).
Aalborg worse than expected (even though they have only played 12 matches).

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Aalborg - SønderjydskE: 3-2 SO [Shots 29-36, Aalborg with their fourth out of 4 OT/SO win]

Herlev - Esbjerg: 0-5 [Shots 27-22, Herlev still with scoring problems]

Rødovre - Frederikshavn: 1-2 SO [Shots 29-54, Rødovre had Sebastian Dahm back in goal, it helped them to get a point]

Simon Nielsen is without a club after Jeff Fraze tooks him job in Kassel (DEL2).
See if any Danish Clubs might snatch him?
What about SønderjydskE (so Simon Nielsen could take Fraze's job?) since Pasi Häkkinen hasn't been great so far?
Also not happy with George Sørensen basically getting no playing time - he should seriously consider getting to a youth club in Sweden as Thomas Lillie, if he can't get a spot in another Danish club?

Edit: Later matches:

Aalborg - Rungsted: 2-3 [Shots 37-31; Important win for Rungsted to put some distance to the bottom]

SønderjydskE - Rødovre: 7-3 [Shots 23-23, SønderjydskE ends losing streak - Thomas Spelling hat trick].

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Match update:

Esbjerg - Odense: 1-4 [Shots 27-23, Odense extends to 9 wins in a row]

Rødovre - Aalborg: 5-2 [Shots 38-29, Rødovre keeps contact with the upper half]

Gentofte - SønderjydskE [Shots 21-27, SønderjydskE has started scoring big time these last two games and Gentofte is now isolated in the bottom]

Odense - Herning: 2-0 [Shots 31-28, 10th in a row for Odense, even keeping Herning from scoring]

Herlev - Frederikshavn: 3-2 OT [35-38; Herlev keeps contact with Aalborg in the battle for 8th place]

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Round 17 matches:

Herning - Herlev: 3-0 [Shots 39-34; Lubus Pisar has been finding great form lately; if just Herlev could start scoring some goals they could move away from the bottom].

Rungsted - Esbjerg: 5-4 OT [Shots 39-34; Rungsted turned a 1-4 around in the third period to add another surprise win].

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Missed some update from the league lately, so here they are:

Aalborg - Gentofte: 5-1
Esbjerg - Herning: 1-3

Frederikshavn - Rungsted: 3-2
SønderjydskE - Odense: 1-4 (!)
Herning - Esbjerg: 8-5
Gentofte - Aalborg: 0-5
Rødovre - Herlev: 1-4

Esbjerg - Frederikshavn: 4-3 OT
Rungsted - SønderjydskE: 1-2
Aalborg - Herning: 2-5
Odense - Rødovre: 6-1
Herlev - Gentofte: 4-1

Herning - Rødovre: 3-1

Frederikshavn - Herning: 1-2
Rødovre - Rungsted: 0-3 (Rødovre is losing a lot lately)
Gentofte - Odense: 4-3 !!
Herlev - Aalborg: 2-3
SønderjydskE- Esbjerg: 4-1

Rungsted - Gentofte: 7-2

So Odense, Herning & SønderjydskE are the three clear leaders with a gap to the Frederikshavn & Esbjerg and a further point divide to Rungsted, Rødovre & Aalborg.
Gentofte isolated in the bottom with Herlev trailing a bit Aalborg.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00