Prospect Info: Daniel Audette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The french media has already approached Timmins on drafting french players several times and Timmins replied that Montreal has drafted more french players than the avg NHL team. Politics and sports unfortunately mix in Montreal and everyone here knows that, it's no secret! I remember a time when nothing else mattered except winning and boy did we win (24). We must never forgot that our greatest captain and leader Jean Beliveau played for glory and honor not whether the coach or GM was francophone. So when Daniel doesn't make the cut you might remember my weird conclusion.

Yeah politics runs wild in Montréal while the Montréal Canadiens to this day had last year a big total of.....2 Québécois playing regularly for this team, one of which we would desperately want to get rid of for nothing so that in total, we'd have a total of 1 Anglo-Québécois on the team. Politics running wild!!!!

Don't look....But Leafs loves the OHL. Flames and Oilers loves the WHL etc.

HABNIKO

Jun 29, 2015
Montreal
Yeah politics runs wild in Montréal while the Montréal Canadiens to this day had last year a big total of.....2 Québécois playing regularly for this team, one of which we would desperately want to get rid of for nothing so that in total, we'd have a total of 1 Anglo-Québécois on the team. Politics running wild!!!!

Fair enough!

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

That's cause the Q sucks horribly. We draft from there and rarely get NHLers because there are few NHLers to be had.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Talked with someone today who watches virtually every Sherbrooke game. She's not a scout by any means but she did say that Audette seems to lose every single faceoff he takes, and that's one of his biggest downfalls. If it wasn't painstakingly obvious by now, any chance Audette has at making the NHL would likely be at wing.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Talked with someone today who watches virtually every Sherbrooke game. She's not a scout by any means but she did say that Audette seems to lose every single faceoff he takes, and that's one of his biggest downfalls. If it wasn't painstakingly obvious by now, any chance Audette has at making the NHL would likely be at wing.

You got me excited with a confirmed link title. I should have known. I see him being a winger.

Last edited:

incognito Burrito*

Audette as a centre was never ideal.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

A player who should be on the wing? He'll almost certainly play centre for the Habs

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I've never been impressed with what I've seen from him. He needs to get stronger, but the effort isn't always there and I've noticed a few times he tries to do too much on his own. I guess next year he will be in the ECHL unless they opt to send him back to the Q as an overager but I think the ECHL would be good for him. If you look at former Hab pick, Olivier Archambault, he seems to be doing well in the ECHL. Same for another guy we brought in on a PTO and I felt we should have signed him at the time, Alex Belzile who is doing better then Archambault. Not that we lost much but not signing either, just saying that perhaps Audette can compare with them.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
A player who should be on the wing? He'll almost certainly play centre for the Habs
Haha!! Good one!;)

For what it's worth I know(well) a guy that trains power skating with Daniel Audette. Said the kid was not very cooperative with the trainers and didn't seem too interested in the course. He would at times just skate away from drills and start shooting pucks instead.

OTOH I heard Galchenyuk was very reserved and trained diligently.

This thread is such a messy thread!! This Audette kid already sounds like a spoiled brat (if the above is true).

My favorite Quebecois/local player since a long time is Charles Hudon. Really looking forward to seeing him in the 2017 playoffs or 2018 playoffs (whenever we make it back as a legit team).

Audette excitement? Not really.
I don't expect him to be like his dad, but if it happens...good for our Habs, but I won't follow his development (waste of time...the way he thinks it's a waste of time to follow power skating drills). I followed Tinordi's development with us for 5 years...5 bleeding years!! (and for what?). I'm definitely not going to waste any time with Audette.

I'm way more excited by:
Charles ''Quebecois Gilmour'' Hudon
Mike ''Big Mac'' McCarron
Noah ''Bieksa/McDonagh'' Juulsen
Nikita ''star or bust'' Scherbak

And hopefully we'll add one of Dubois/Tkachuk/Juolevi (or Jost) at the June Draft. Crossing my fingers!!

Aug 25, 2009
éal
So he now has 12 points in his last 14 games with the Icecaps. Not bad for a first year in the pro. Looks like he's getting the most of his opportunity with Sherback, McCarron, Andrighetto... being calledup.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So he now has 12 points in his last 14 games with the Icecaps. Not bad for a first year in the pro. Looks like he's getting the most of his opportunity with Sherback, McCarron, Andrighetto... being calledup.

He's made some sweet offensive plays lately, and his OT goal tonight was awesome! :yo:

Kid's picked it up and is showing his skills.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I felt he was a long shot after seeing at the rookie camp. I think he can make the NHL. Might take 3 or 4 years for him to have an impact but it wouldn't surprise me if he finds his way onto an NHL roster.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“This was a great year for me. However, at the ranking level, we weren't where we’d liked to be... But in our locker room, we were always on the same page. All of us. We wanted to do everything we could to catch up the points we've missed during this season.”

“I liked Daniel Briere. When I was young, I especially liked the fact that we've the same name. He's really a talented player and I had fun watching him play back in the day. I admired his game on the ice.”

“The fact that everything is near. From Place Bell, you're like five minutes from the Carrefour Laval and the restaurants. At the rink, the fans are always there and the atmosphere is great. It’s fun playing here. It's really amazing the players room. There is also the room for coaches and our medical staff which is really exceptional.”

“I like to laugh and to make fun of my friends. I don’t take myself too seriously. I just trusted myself. As soon as you regain your confidence, things are easier... I knew that I was a good hockey player.”

“No. I always told to myself that was my dream and that I was going to do everything I could to make it happen... Regardless of many obstacles that would be in front of me and in my road. It was this mentality that gave me the opportunity to be here today.”

“My #1 passion it's really hockey... So I’d probably find a job related to hockey. However, if I really didn’t have hockey in my life, I’m not sure... I like animals. I’d probably do something in that area.”

“No, not really... However, it's sure that if the games are going well for me and for the team, I might keep the same routine.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad