Prospect Info: Daniel Audette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm somewhat surprised since I felt he hit something of a plateau in his progression last year and needed to show he can take the next step . That being said, if the team feels he's on the right track then they might as well sign him now rather than later. He's a few years away from being a serious pro prospect anyway.

penaltykiller

Feb 19, 2007
province of quebec
Sherbrooke (and Saint John) are likely to be QMJHL' superpowers next year.

Audette played briefly as LW last year after they acquired Cameron Darcy. I guess he'll be back at center this year. He's likely to have good wingers this year. 2 years ago he was all by himself.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I'm somewhat surprised since I felt he hit something of a plateau in his progression last year and needed to show he can take the next step . That being said, if the team feels he's on the right track then they might as well sign him now rather than later. He's a few years away from being a serious pro prospect anyway.

He wasnt on a plateau at all, big improvements in attitude.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Don't see anything there with him. Seems like a more talented but smaller Archambust.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Will he still be in junior this year or is he old enough to turn pro? I can only do so much procrastinating at work and don't want to look it up.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
His contract will slid since he's junior aged and won't be making the Habs. Surprised they signed him now, thought he was very inconsistent last year although I only saw him a few times.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Nice 5th round pick, loaded with talent.

I guess the Org rates him higher than us. Good for him.

I expect Audette to surprise fans, if he's like his dad, the fans are in for a treat, Donald was a very team oriented heart & soul type of two/way player, while being able to be a real scoring threat also. Go Daniel Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

You know the bloodline players will always get a contract.

I like it.

Audette could be another gem in the 5th round by Timmins, still a couple of yrs. to pack on some weight/muscle, but he certainly has the tools necessary to become an NHLer IMHO.:nod:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I really hope for the best. Totally biased towards the Q so that's all I can do. Yet....I'm not that big of a fan....and don't think he'll make it as what he's suppose to become. But still ways to go. Congrats to Daniel. Just can't wait 5 years from now to read "Where are the haters now". I really do.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
I've seen him play live a handful of times each year, the past two years.

I'm happy for him, very hard working kid, but I'm on the fence on how his game will translate to the pro game. You never know, he may find his niche and surprise a lot of people. Very dangerous to write off a teenager with a high hockey IQ :), so I won't.

This will be a big year for him, and I'm interested to see how he responds.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
His contract will slid since he's junior aged and won't be making the Habs. Surprised they signed him now, thought he was very inconsistent last year although I only saw him a few times.

He was very consistent in the gym and he improved his 2 way play quite a bit. :handclap:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I really hope for the best. Totally biased towards the Q so that's all I can do. Yet....I'm not that big of a fan....and don't think he'll make it as what he's suppose to become. But still ways to go. Congrats to Daniel. Just can't wait 5 years from now to read "Where are the haters now". I really do.

Won't take 5 years...2, maybe 3. I'm on the fence as well in terms of making it to the NHL, but I'm very confident he will be a good AHL player at this point. The next stage for a small player is the hard part. (See: Desharnais) What makes me confident is how he approaches his offense, very stealthy, some Patrick Kane attributes in how he thinks about it. If Hudon will make it because he can control the puck well, Audette might make it because he can sneak in. This is what his father was good at as well and it's a trainable skill.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Being Gallagher must be his project going forward. They look a bit the same, but Audette doesn't play like Gallagher, he plays a pure offensive game with less grind.
They look the same, and they were both 147th overall pick.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
But but "he's only here because his dad works for the team" :sarcasm:

Will be interesting to see how much he'll progress this year.

For the amount he signed for $925,000.00 is the same dollar amount as this years first round selection Juulsen. Also making more than first rounders Schrebak and McCarron. He should by the looks of it be around $680,000.00 why so much? probably cause his dad works for the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad