Prospect Info: Daniel Audette

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
For the amount he signed for $925,000.00 is the same dollar amount as this years first round selection Juulsen. Also making more than first rounders Schrebak and McCarron. He should by the looks of it be around $680,000.00 why so much? probably cause his dad works for the organization.

I can't find confirmation of this do you have a source?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva

#canadiens Daniel Audette: 3 ans / 665 000$ (2 ways)

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
He's literally the prospect I've put the least effort into following, have no expectations for him. I don't envision him turning into anything stellar but he could certainly prove me wrong. He seems talented enough, I don't know what it is about him lol but I could never picture him in the NHL

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Fwiw

For what it's worth I know(well) a guy that trains power skating with Daniel Audette. Said the kid was not very cooperative with the trainers and didn't seem too interested in the course. He would at times just skate away from drills and start shooting pucks instead.

OTOH I heard Galchenyuk was very reserved and trained diligently.

HABNIKO

Jun 29, 2015
Montreal
Waste of money and time. French players develope horribly in Montreal so why not ship him to Philly where they all like to play with Giroux or Lecavalier.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
For the amount he signed for $925,000.00 is the same dollar amount as this years first round selection Juulsen. Also making more than first rounders Schrebak and McCarron. He should by the looks of it be around $680,000.00 why so much? probably cause his dad works for the organization.

sorry everyone, jumped the gun. his salary has been changed on the fanager site to $664.00

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He's literally the prospect I've put the least effort into following, have no expectations for him. I don't envision him turning into anything stellar but he could certainly prove me wrong. He seems talented enough, I don't know what it is about him lol but I could never picture him in the NHL

Same here. Barely watched him but I wrote him off the second he was drafted even though I'm all about talented late rounders that TT picks. Don't even know why.

For what it's worth I know(well) a guy that trains power skating with Daniel Audette. Said the kid was not very cooperative with the trainers and didn't seem too interested in the course. He would at times just skate away from drills and start shooting pucks instead.

OTOH I heard Galchenyuk was very reserved and trained diligently.

How long ago was this? I hope Galch is doing this this offseason.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I got the impression the pick was kind of a favour to his father Donald, whose currently an amateur scout on the Habs' payroll. I have pretty low expectations for the kid, and don't really follow him too much.

I kind of feel like he's a write off prospect.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I got the impression the pick was kind of a favour to his father Donald, whose currently an amateur scout on the Habs' payroll. I have pretty low expectations for the kid, and don't really follow him too much.

I feel he's going to surprise some people, even if it's only by becoming a very decent AHLer.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Didn't mind the pick due to his production pre-draft being really good. Somewhat disappointed he cooled off after a hot start to the season post draft. Hopefully he lights it up this coming season and becomes one of the top Q scorers.

HABNIKO

Jun 29, 2015
Montreal
Wow, what a weird conclusion.

The french media has already approached Timmins on drafting french players several times and Timmins replied that Montreal has drafted more french players than the avg NHL team. Politics and sports unfortunately mix in Montreal and everyone here knows that, it's no secret! I remember a time when nothing else mattered except winning and boy did we win (24). We must never forgot that our greatest captain and leader Jean Beliveau played for glory and honor not whether the coach or GM was francophone. So when Daniel doesn't make the cut you might remember my weird conclusion.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Daniel was a good pick where he was picked.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't recall having any issues at the time with the pick, since at 147th overall I like to see them gamble on skilled players. I only saw him a couple of times and they were all early on last season when the Q games were still free to watch. I wasn't overly impressed and he didn't seem like the hardest worker Following his season though he appeared to be highly inconsistent from what I recall, but now that he's signed hopefully he has a big year in the Q and then we'll see what he can do in the AHL the following season.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
How long ago was this? I hope Galch is doing this this offseason.

Summer 2014 IIRC. It got bad, one of the trainers almost got into it with the Audette kid. Once again you can disregard what I said because I cannot say who my source is, don't want to get them into trouble.

Also heard that the kid's dumb as a doornail. Haven't asked for more dirt because I didn't want to pry. But once again the Audette thing got blurted out because the person was pretty shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad