Danes in KHL.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
He became my favourite Medvescak's player. Came in as an outsider, worked his way up in the lineup, nice cinderella story :). He is also well respected among Medvescak fans. If Medvescak leaves KHL his departure will be only reason why I will miss my club in K.

He really seems like a good guy too, just like his brother. Hard working, humble, and with a lot of heart.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Peter Regin with the GWG for Jokerit 10 sek. before the end of the third period making it a 2-1 win over Severstal.
Peter Regin is now the best point producer in Jokerit (14G 29A) 1 point ahead of Brandon Kozun and number 14th in KHL, whilst Philip Larsen is third best in Jokerit with 8G 25A.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yesterday Philip Larsen had a goal in Jokerits 1-2 defeat to SKA (his 9th goal)
Tonight Patrick Bjørkstrand scored the opening goal in Medvescak's 6-3 win over Amur (his 13th goal).

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
7-0 win for Jokerit over Dinamo Riga !
Peter Regin with 1G 1A.
Philip Larsen didn't play because of suspension, so Jesper "B" Jensen got 21.48 min of ice time which was the highest on the Jokerit team.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Regin voted player of the year in Jokerit by the fans.

What a season with danish glasses.

Lets hope more clubs opens their eyes and looks for players that can fill out their rosters. More Dmen outside of Denmark would be really nice.

kulenova seka

Bjorkstrand finished this season with 57 games, 13 + 9 for 22 points. Third on team in goals and sixth in points. His best season so far. His ice time per game was near 16 minutes (15:52), shooting percentage 12,9 best on the team (excluding players who played less than 20 games). As things stand now Medvescak will play in KHL next year as well and general consesus among Bear's fans is that Bjorki should stay. Personally I would give him an "A" next season, he deserved it much more than floater known as Smolenak.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Bjorkstrand finished this season with 57 games, 13 + 9 for 22 points. Third on team in goals and sixth in points. His best season so far. His ice time per game was near 16 minutes (15:52), shooting percentage 12,9 best on the team (excluding players who played less than 20 games). As things stand now Medvescak will play in KHL next year as well and general consesus among Bear's fans is that Bjorki should stay. Personally I would give him an "A" next season, he deserved it much more than floater known as Smolenak.

good to hear buddy :handclap:

Thanks!

Bjorki is one of my fav. Danish players.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Thanks for the info!
He seems to be steadily progressing and increasing his importance for the team and his 13 goals scored is pretty good. Probably also be good for Medvescak to have a number of core players as they have a lot of change from season to season.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Jokerit kept themselves alive in the playoffs by winning 3-2 over Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod.
Peter Regin scored the first goal.
With Phillip Larsen out injured Jokerit played the game with only 5 d-men (Jesper Jensen played 22.24 which was dwarfed by Kulda with 29.21 min and Lajunen with 30.29 min).
Torpedo leads the series with 3-2, so Jokerit is still somewhat surprisingly in trouble.....

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Jokerit kept themselves alive in the playoffs by winning 3-2 over Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod.
Peter Regin scored the first goal.
With Phillip Larsen out injured Jokerit played the game with only 5 d-men (Jesper Jensen played 22.24 which was dwarfed by Kulda with 29.21 min and Lajunen with 30.29 min).
Torpedo leads the series with 3-2, so Jokerit is still somewhat surprisingly in trouble.....

Would be a big disappointment to see them go out so early

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Reports say LArsen is out for the season. Not sure what that means to WC.

So Jokerit just crashed out of the playoffs...Must be really disappointing considering their place in the league.

At least he doesn't have to hurry back to try to come back late in a long play-off run that now wont be happening.

Where did you see the thing about him being out for the season? I only saw reports where they hoped he would be back later in the series.

If he is questionable for the WC when we get a little closer, then im not sure Janne would keep an open spot for him anyway.

At least we can have the advantage of having Regin and Jensen for so much of the build up to this years tournament.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So Jokerit just crashed out of the playoffs...Must be really disappointing considering their place in the league.

At least he doesn't have to hurry back to try to come back late in a long play-off run that now wont be happening.

Where did you see the thing about him being out for the season? I only saw reports where they hoped he would be back later in the series.

If he is questionable for the WC when we get a little closer, then im not sure Janne would keep an open spot for him anyway.

At least we can have the advantage of having Regin and Jensen for so much of the build up to this years tournament.

Jokerit lost the game 3-2 and the series 4-2.
Jesper "B" Jensen has 1G and Peter Regin 2A

The Danes did well in the playoff for Jokerit:
Philip Larsen 3G 1A in 4 matches.
Peter Regin 2G 3A in 6 matches.
Jesper "B" Jensen 1G 1A in 6 matches.

Also really hope to have Philip Larsen ready for the WC.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Oliver Lauridsen signs 2 year deal with Jokerit.

Peter Regin has been named the new captain. First foreigner in Jokerit's history.

Jesper B Jensen signed contract extension till 2018.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Oliver Lauridsen signs 2 year deal with Jokerit.

The secret invasion plan is well underway! MUHAHAHAHHAHA!

Peter Regin has been named the new captain. First foreigner in Jokerit's history.

Jesper B Jensen signed contract extension till 2018.

Great for Jensen...and there are few friendlier and classy player like Peter Regin....So nice to see him get that honour

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Great to see that Jokerit is becoming the Danish "Ajax".
I can understand that Philip Larsen wants to go to NHL, but for the NT having three of our best best d-men playing together in the same club in KHL would be fantastic.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Great to see that Jokerit is becoming the Danish "Ajax".
I can understand that Philip Larsen wants to go to NHL, but for the NT having three of our best best d-men playing together in the same club in KHL would be fantastic.

Lets not write off Larsen in Jokerit just yet.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Let me elaborate on that. Do Larsen want to spend another couple of seasons in the AHL? He wasnt good enough for Edmonton two seasons ago.

I actually haven't written Larsen off for the KHL, but if HE thinks he has a chance in NHL he probably will go for it. If he thinks AHL seems most likely, he will probably stay in Jokerit.
For the NT I really hope he stays in KHL. It really suits his playing style much better (as is the case with Regin).

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Nicklas Jensen should also accept the fact that he is not a NHL player and go to Jokerit asap! :)

:laugh: well he is starting to play better lately after the club change, but I still think he is sliding a bit from NHL.

It seems at first his defensive game was lacking (when playing in AIK during the lockout) and then he was put down (and eventually off) the roster even though he scored a lot of goals. It seemed to make him lose his offensive confidence/instincts for a period (maybe he is getting it back for this WC ?? One could hope).

So hard to say, but I would say if he doesn't break into NHL next year; I don't think he will develop any further in AHL and could return to Europe to play each year for the NT :D
Perhaps not go directly to KHL (?), but do like Oliver Lauridsen and take a transition year (SHL, Liiga, NLA?) to really build up confidence and a name, so he can start KHL from a top-6 line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad