Injury Report: Dan Carcillo (LBI: Out 1 Month, No Surgery)

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
If Bickell keeps up the physical play, his contract is cap friendly besides being the only big body forward the Hawks have who can take a regular shift.

LandofLincoln*

At least people are going to stop using last year's fluke correlation of Carcillo's injury + the Hawks' slump as justification for how important he is.

No need to mess with the lineup. Once he's healthy there's no reason to throw him back in, all four lines have some nice chemistry going already.

What? Yeah there is a need to throw him in there. If we are playing a skilled team we can keep him out. If we play St. Louis or physical teams I want Carcillo, Mayers, Bickell & maybe even Bollig on the ice.

As a coach you don't just keep the bottom six the same. You play those lines according to the opponent.

Overall, you have the right idea not messing with what works. I don't think you can be that rigid and just sit Carcillo.

Guys need days off. I'm ok with a rotation of these players sitting one out of every four or five games. Bickell, Bollig, Carcillo, Mayers, Kruger, Frolik, Brookbank

Guys that I would be ok sitting one game every 8-10 games: Saad, Stalberg, Bolland, Rozsival

Changes are going to be made. Only guys that should not get days off are Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa... Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Leddy & Oduya

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Bickell, Frolik, Kruger, and Shaw should not miss a game in the bottom-6, for varying reasons (playing well, integral role on the PK, etc.).

Replacing Bollig, I wouldn't have an issue with. And Mayers seems to be getting games off too anyway (didn't consider that when posting in here earlier).

You're not going to see Q giving these players days off (at least, not until a specific seed is clinched), and for good reason. Most of them probably don't go to many practices as it is - a general characteristic of these shortened seasons.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Uh, okay. There's no reason to take out half of your best penalty-killing duo just so you can give Carcillo icetime.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
We have other players that can do what Frolik does on the PK, he isn't that special.

Carcillo adds what we lack, Frolik adds nothing that we lack.

Frolik adds nothing that we lack because we don't lack it because Frolik is in the lineup.

It's pretty obvious that Carcillo plays for Bollig/Mayers when he comes back. The other suggestions in this thread are idiotic.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Frolik adds nothing that we lack because we don't lack it because Frolik is in the lineup.

It's pretty obvious that Carcillo plays for Bollig/Mayers when he comes back. The other suggestions in this thread are idiotic.

This!

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Without Frolik on the PK, it would be worse. A 4th liner playing on the PK and is a ice time leader on PK on the best PK in the league. He offers nothing?

Remember the time we had Bickell with Frolik and Bolland as the 3rd line?

I'd like our bottom 6 with
Carcillo - Shaw - Stalberg
Bickell - Krüger - Frolik

our 4th line would be a 3rd line on most other teams..

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
If Saad or Shaw do what Frolik does, then that means they are more winded while playing on their respective lines.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
As said, Carbomb should switch out Mayers/Bollig. No need to take out Frolik when he's playing so well with Kruger.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
The beautiful thing is, is that the Hawks have plenty of depth up front in case of injury. No doubt Carcillo will fill in on the 4th line but can be used on any line when an injury occurs, flu bug, etc. or if a player needs a one game rest.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Is he going to play next week guys? Any updates? I dont know..I think Saad is way too overated in many of your eyes :)

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Is he going to play next week guys? Any updates? I dont know..I think Saad is way too overated in many of your eyes :)

That's because you don't watch the game, you just read the score sheets. Saad had been excellent.

Carcillo is practicing again. Shouldn't be too much longer.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Saad overrated? Tell me more about that and why he is overrated

Top line minutes, top line limates, no hits, no blocks.. 13 games more than Carcillo- 1 more point.. Can he draw some penalties? Yes he can, apart of this he is invisible...Yes I have been watching games..Got centre ice..

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Top line minutes, top line limates, no hits, no blocks.. 13 games more than Carcillo- 1 more point.. Can he draw some penalties? Yes he can, apart of this he is invisible...Yes I have been watching games..Got centre ice..

Calling him "invisible" in its own right makes it rather obvious that you either don't actually have CI or have watched only a handful of games.

"Overrated," anyway, implies Hawk fans are lauding Saad to some high degree he doesn't deserve. They really aren't. He's a good player who has fit in well with Toews and Hossa on the first line, and has been consistently improving every game. If that's "overrated," then we need to have this discussion about every single player in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00