Injury Report: Dan Carcillo (LBI: Out 1 Month, No Surgery)

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Might as well, eh?

He is going to be out for some time, according to Q.

Got his leg, well, lower body, pushed awkwardly into the left wing boards as Carcillo tried to to past the defenseman to fetch the puck.

Got to hope this isn't knee-related. Tough break to say the least.

Last edited:

TweetyLeaf

Feb 7, 2009
Finland
As i said in another thread, this is a big, big blow for Hawks.

I don't think many really understand what Carcillo brings into the team. He was +3 in there. Very active, hard skater, never gives up on plays.

That attitude of his, creates greater things. Hawks win more when he is on the lineup.

It sucks he is injured again :(

I just hope it turns out to be nothing serious and just a scare.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Well, saying he's going to be out for some time rather than to say he'll be evaluated day-to-day means he's probably out at least a few weeks. Have to hope Saad can step up. If Saad isn't quite ready, you acquire a forward. I don't think there is anyone else in-house worthy of being plugged in up there.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Not good. He brings a lot of energy to the Hawks, and a little bit of grit. Always liked him.

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Having Carcillo back was a huge X-factor.. Deep sighs over here. Who plays on top line tomorrow with Car Bomb out?

Bollig might, who knows with Q. I remember Q throwing him out with 19-88 towards the end of the season or after Torres's hit in the PO.

Madhouse Mafia

Feb 21, 2012
Northern MN
I would be fine with Bollig. Heard Saad's name tossed around a bit. I'd be okay with that too. I'm a big proponent of getting the youth as much time as possible.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
I don't get why people root against Carcillo. He's among my most beloved Hawks, and I hope he returns ASAP.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Hope he gets healthy soon and it's nothing serious. Gotta be tough for him to come back from a serious injury just for this to happen in game 1.
ACL rehab is hell, and it's about ten times worse for athletes.

Also, Bollig on the first line is a brutal idea. While in an ideal scenario Carcillo's on your team's fourth line, he at least has enough talent to be a reasonable third wheel with some skill players. Bollig does not.

nutjobs

Jan 17, 2013
Sucks I just traded for Carcillo in one of my leagues knowing he would help with hits,+/-, and PIM. Hopefully it's not another ACL.

Toews is a tank

Mar 8, 2010
Hawkey Town
I don't get why people root against Carcillo. He's among my most beloved Hawks, and I hope he returns ASAP.

I'll be honest. When he first got here I had a bad attitude towards him. He's a guy that's easy to hate if he's not on your team, and I never liked him when he was on Philly for obvious reasons. I've grown to love the guy though, especially after hearing his interviews and such. Not to mention he provides a great physical presence on the ice, that this team lacks at times. Definitely a huge loss.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
this ****ing sucks. Carcillo was a good addition to our team and I'm sure he would have loved to play against the Yotes. Think Saad will get his spot on the 1st line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad