Injury Report: Dan Carcillo (LBI: Out 1 Month, No Surgery)

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Top line minutes, top line limates, no hits, no blocks.. 13 games more than Carcillo- 1 more point.. Can he draw some penalties? Yes he can, apart of this he is invisible...Yes I have been watching games..Got centre ice..

You may be watching games, but clearly not Hawks games.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Top line minutes, top line limates, no hits, no blocks.. 13 games more than Carcillo- 1 more point.. Can he draw some penalties? Yes he can, apart of this he is invisible...Yes I have been watching games..Got centre ice..

thanks for proving you don't see anything. Stats don't win the game. Just admit you picked him up for fantasy and in this weeks matchup, he didn't gave you enough points.

LandofLincoln*

thanks for proving you don't see anything. Stats don't win the game. Just admit you picked him up for fantasy and in this weeks matchup, he didn't gave you enough points.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap: that's funny :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Carcillo will join the rotation with Bollig and Mayers when he returns. Saad has shown that he belongs. He might not have gotten the points but he does good things regardless, in all zones.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
No pims so far for carcillo, I know he's only played a few games, just wondering if coach q reeled him or just no opportunities so far to drop the gloves. Is he playing a less rambunctious style?

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
No pims so far for carcillo, I know he's only played a few games, just wondering if coach q reeled him or just no opportunities so far to drop the gloves. Is he playing a less rambunctious style?

He's making hard hits that are clean now. I'm sure if someone takes a run at one of his linemates, he will retaliate though.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010

He's throwing big hits. No one wants to fight him. Eager should have dropped them last night but put his tail between his legs.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Q has always encouraged Carcillo to play his rambunctious style but keep it disciplined; which in his case is most effective when he is on the edge. I liked his game last night in a limited role – almost forgot how he can inspire and make a difference with his play. When he plays like that and stays out of the box, this team is (much) better. The 4th line has some physicality that will pay off at crunch time - as Carcillo plays himself back into shape, I look for him to be occasionally spotted in the top 6 which was Q’s intention since we acquired him.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
I thought already last year that Carcillo had reeled in some of his idiocy. He has some skill and is far more valuable as a spark plug and general nuisance than a dirty ****-stirrer.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I thought Carcillo played a good game last night, though I didn't see the first period so I can't speak to the truth there. He was all over the ice and delivering lots of hard, clean hits. He even had a few scoring chances he just couldn't complete. Great game from Carcillo if you ask me.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I really think Carcillo was never this "stupid dirty dumbass" that some thought he is. When it comes to his time as a Flyer, I think the coaches told him to play it dirty if needed....

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I really think Carcillo was never this "stupid dirty dumbass" that some thought he is. When it comes to his time as a Flyer, I think the coaches told him to play it dirty if needed....

I agree…. and coach Q alluded to that when Carcillo was first acquired. I remember the fifthfeather blog did a breakdown on his penalties in the previous year, as a Flyer, Expecting the worse, the results were quite surprising.
Some here were concerned about his reputation, hence he was (and still is to some extent) chastised by some of the Hawk fan base - but it turns out he didn’t get his team (Flyers) in short-handed situations nearly as often as was thought. In fact, it was seldom… much of the time he was accompanied to the sin bin by an ops player. As a Hawk he has continued that trend on not costing his team due to bad penalties(fingers crossed). He has also drawn his share of ops penalties with his abrasive play and discipline.

I also thought the suspension he received in a Blackhawk uniform was based mainly on his reputation and was excessive to say the least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad