Injury Report: Dan Boyle 10/15

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
The final say is always the coaches. They're the people that put players on the ice. Everything before that is part of the process.

That time Jumbo was injured falling into the boards on that check by Edler, he was held out by the coaches for a few games, even though Jumbo said he was ready to go the next game.

Fair enough. The coaches determine the lineup.

What I meant was who has the final say in clearing a guy to play, whether he's put in the lineup immediately thereafter or not.

Horace

Oct 2, 2013
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 37m
Confirmed that Boyle is in tonight, and Irwin was skating late, so he’s almost certainly out. Niemi starting. #SJSharks

!!!!!!!

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Fair enough. The coaches determine the lineup.

What I meant was who has the final say in clearing a guy to play, whether he's put in the lineup immediately thereafter or not.

Yeah i understood, but as in Boyle's case, he was probably cleared to play a game or two before the coaches let him.

I believe the coaches were speaking straight with the trainers and medical on the matter. I would imagine they didn't listen to Boyle much, who probably wanted to play next game.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Interesting .. I was pretty sure they would keep the Boyle-Irwin pairing once Boyle returned for atleast a game or two.

Either way .. glad that Boyle is back and that Irwin is sitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad