Daly Secret Affehrs & Midnight Rendezvous (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
*humour(attempt) alert*

Insider info coming out suggests that the two sides ordered pizza, but after an original order with pepperoni, pepperoni was removed from the final order*

So the question, who caved? :sarcasm:

On a more on topic note-I personally think that Fehr should start a gag order on players to progress things smoothly-seems whenever a player tweets something, things go south once it hits the media. Both sides just quiet and focus on the issues.

He should put a gag order on himself, whether he says anything substantial or not, it just bogs down negotiations, because it's an un-necessary conference. Stay in the dark, stay away from the cameras, focus on the task at hand.

Blackie Dammit

proud flatlander
Jun 27, 2011
Interlake
it sounds like the Make Whole has to be put on paper for the PA to go over. I think the league will complicate it in way so they are not fully responsible for full payment. Then Don will get back up on stage and drop another bomb. Whatever progress Steve and Bill made over the weekend will be squashed

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Not sure why everyone is getting upset, His comments today dont cast doom and gloom in my opinion

Agreed. Holy crap folks, what's with the freak out over nothing?
OMG, Fehr said this, said that. He brought sooo many players to the meetings, this must be bad. Let it play out first before jumping off a cliff.
This place is way too reactionary to every little detail. There has been way too much optimism over the last few days and way too much pessimism today. Lets see how the meeting plays out first before declaring the lockout being over or the season being over.

I'm pretty pessimistic about this as well but not based on anything that has happened today or in the last few weeks for that matter.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Jealous of what? I currently bring in more income as a part time retail employee than the NHL players are making right now.

And most of them probably have exponentially more money in the bank then you will make as a part time retail employee in 100 years.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
not sure I see any upside.to all these players being.inside the meeting. Seems like all they can do is bring trouble if anything at all

Jumbo*

not sure I see any upside.to all these players being.inside the meeting. Seems like all they can do is bring trouble if anything at all

Same could be said about the owners who showed up, ESPECIALLY, those owners who have been known to cause trouble at the meetings.

JG897

Oct 17, 2012
Winnipeg

Unless they're just there to bounce ideas off of and they aren't sitting in on the actual meeting with the big 4. An earlier tweet mentioned separate meetings, not one big meeting. If that's true, players and owners being present is a good sign.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
PA came to move forward, not backwards.
So if nothing positive happens today, it's because the NHL came to sabotage negotiations.
OK, Donny, I got it. Thanks for the presser to clarify that.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
it sounds like the Make Whole has to be put on paper for the PA to go over. I think the league will complicate it in way so they are not fully responsible for full payment. Then Don will get back up on stage and drop another bomb. Whatever progress Steve and Bill made over the weekend will be squashed

And that's what bugs me about Don's little media scrum. All Bill said after meeting with Steve for those 10 or 12 hours on Saturday was (not an exact quote), "We had constructive discussions and look forward to meeting again in the next couple of days.", and Steve says, "I agree with what Bill said.". That's all that needed to be said. Meetings are set for today and Don has to start it off with a media scrum telling everyone what we already knew. Just shut up, stop trying to be at the forefront of the spotlight and get a deal done. Then, talk to the media. It's that simple.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
rob rossi is usually full of crap right? just asking, because he tweeted that the reason crosby is there is because there will be progress made and they want crosby to be there (paraphrasing)

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
And that's what bugs me about Don's little media scrum. All Bill said after meeting with Steve for those 10 or 12 hours on Saturday was (not an exact quote), "We had constructive discussions and look forward to meeting again in the next couple of days.", and Steve says, "I agree with what Bill said.". That's all that needed to be said. Meetings are set for today and Don has to start it off with a media scrum telling everyone what we already knew. Just shut up, stop trying to be at the forefront of the spotlight and get a deal done. Then, talk to the media. It's that simple.

Bingo! He's just spewing off the same crap he's been saying the whole time. Bill and Steve made very constructive progress and this big fat elephant has to make sure he's heard so he starts a stupid conference. Shut up and let Bill and Steve do the negotiations, clearly Fehr is playing this whole thing out because he knows he's not here for the long haul. It's all about him.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Bingo! He's just spewing off the same crap he's been saying the whole time. Bill and Steve made very constructive progress and this big fat elephant has to make sure he's heard so he starts a stupid conference. Shut up and let Bill and Steve do the negotiations, clearly Fehr is playing this whole thing out because he knows he's not here for the long haul. It's all about him.

Bingo x 2

Donald "Hollywood" Fehr....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad