Daly Secret Affehrs & Midnight Rendezvous (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
This is the most cautious I have ever seen Don Fehr. No rhetoric,no malice,no history lesson. Just sayin'. #tickticktick

He has it wrong, this PC is a horrible sign, cancel the season, fold the NHL, crack each other's heads open and feat on the goo inside.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
My friends and I have said this is what is going to need to happen. Owners of teams like the Leafs, Habs, Canucks, Rangers, Wings, will need to start speaking up. Can't let Gary, Jacobs, and the rest of the BOG just do what THEY want. Same for the players.

Too bad these owners didn't do so in July.

When was Fehr finally ready to negotiate off a proposal where salaries and revenue are linked? The players have done just fine with that type of system over the past 7 years. The owners are having a difficult time showing a profit with the existing split.

Is it any surprise that the majority of owners would want the split changed in the new CBA?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Honestly, I'd love to see someone throw a shoe at him like that reporter did to George Bush.

That might work in Fehr's favor, I mean, didn't we all like Bush just a little more after seeing his quick reflexes and 'Nah nah boo boo' face?

tumblr_ljt10951iU1qh5suko1_500.gif

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
So he pretty much said what everyone already knows. Thanks for another history lesson Don. Just be quiet and let your little brother do all the negotiating please. At least he gets the "keep quiet" aspect of this thing.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
GOOD! I hope Fehr is cautious, both parties shouldn't be in this spot to begin with. Be cautious, get real with the negotiations and try your best to actually come to a compromise instead of trying to bend the other one over.

Riddick

Feb 29, 2004
I'm still shocked Campoli is a rep. Seriously, how does he even HAVE a team to be a rep for??

RandR

May 15, 2011
Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Don Fehr:"the meeting today is about the issues that divide us."
Wow. Calling a media scrum prior in order to regurgitate this dribble makes me think he's a complete idiot who just likes being on TV. It does absolutely nothing to help the process nor does it promote his or the players cause.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
So he pretty much said what everyone already knows. Thanks for another history lesson Don. Just be quiet and let your little brother do all the negotiating please. At least he gets the "keep quiet" aspect of this thing.

I like this Idea, why do Gary and Don even have to be in the room. Lots of corporations/companies make union agreements without thier top dogs going toe to toe?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Fehr didn't really say anything. But that he had to hold a pre-negotiation press meeting before a negotiation at a secret location shows what a one-trick pony he is.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Is anyone in the media ever going to start grilling this guy? He calls them out there to listen to him talk about nothing and they tweet "Fehr being very level-headed today" etc. etc. etc. Someone give this guy the business for god's sake or just stay home.

JG897

Oct 17, 2012
Winnipeg
There are a lot of people here who are missing the point. This press conference was meaningless. And that means everything. Sounds like his game plan was to put on an "optimistic" face to give the impression that they're looking for progress, so that when things go downhill, he can come out saying, "Well, you guys know I tried, right?" Everyone saying they don't understand the pessimism is falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

I totally agree. There's no reason to do this, does Fehr just like hearing himself talk?

At least when the inevitable happens people like you and me will be slightly less let down. But seriously, I would love to be wrong.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
*humour(attempt) alert*

Insider info coming out suggests that the two sides ordered pizza, but after an original order with pepperoni, pepperoni was removed from the final order*

So the question, who caved? :sarcasm:

On a more on topic note-I personally think that Fehr should start a gag order on players to progress things smoothly-seems whenever a player tweets something, things go south once it hits the media. Both sides just quiet and focus on the issues.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
*humour(attempt) alert*

Insider info coming out suggests that the two sides ordered pizza, but after an original order with pepperoni, pepperoni was removed from the final order*

So the question, who caved? :sarcasm:

On a more on topic note-I personally think that Fehr should start a gag order on players to progress things smoothly-seems whenever a player tweets something, things go south once it hits the media. Both sides just quiet and focus on the issues.

Fehr should start a gag order on himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad