Daly Secret Affehrs & Midnight Rendezvous (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

Some interstkng tidbits here and details of owner concessions.

http://m.startribune.com/?id=177160641

artificially inflate the salary cap in Year 1 so teams don’t have to trade or release players; 2) trade player salary and cap charges in trades (this is something both teams and players have wanted); 3) eliminate re-entry waivers; 4) Increase revenue sharing with further increases as revenues grow, and the top grossing teams making the biggest contributions (revenue sharing is something Don Fehr is passionate about; wants it so the teams that really need assistance are assisted); 5) Introduction of appeal rights to a neutral third-party arbitrator in cases involving on- and- off-ice discipline (player-proposed wish). Some other things that the players should like: 1) Joint NHL/NHLPA Health and Safety Committee with equal representation by the league and union; 2) Establishment of a “standard of care†and “primary allegiance†obligations between the team medical staff and players (this is directly due to the tragic Derek Boogaard situation that remains ongoing); 3) Offseason rehab activities would no longer be required in the team’s home city; 4) Players have access to second medical opinions at the club expense; 5) Ice time restrictions and days off during training camp; 5) Improved facility standards in visiting locker rooms; 6) Ice condition improvements and standards; 7) More player friendly rules for parent-son trips, teams would have to pay for parents travel and lodging to first-ever games, other milestones; 8) Different standards for rent and mortgage reimbursements from teams; 9) increased access to tickets for visiting players and also a game ticket policy that minimizes the tax impact on players; 10) And also, the league has agreed to consider a player proposal for single rooms for all players on the road, which would be thousands of extra dollars spent on travel.

Alesle

Jan 5, 2008
Oslo, Norway
I disagree. Presumably some teams have refunded tickets for these games. I'm not saying it is impossible, but it is extremely uncommon for canceled arena events to be "put back on" once they are canceled. It is not worth fighting over this. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough :)
I never said they would put cancelled games "back on", quite the opposite actually. I said there's nothing preventing them from scheduling new games (from a new schedule) on whatever dates are still available in November.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Yeah but those votes are pretty much rubber stamps... you can put things in motion before that...

exactly, i am sure if there is progress and they are days away from signing a new cba. the players over seas have all been told to say your good byes and to come back to get ready for the season.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
I never said they would put cancelled games "back on", quite the opposite actually. I said there's nothing preventing them from scheduling new games (from a new schedule) on whatever dates are still available in November.

Fair enough

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
From Barrie22 on the last thread
i don't have as much faith in fehr as you seem to have. i know someone will say the same for bettman, but if daly is saying something, then bettman is thinking the same thing, those 2 are like clones of each other when they speak to the media.

Trust me, I don't have any faith in Fehr :laugh:

But as the sides get closer and closer to a deal, they generally remain fairly quiet with the media about negotiating as they don't want to blow any thing they've accomplished

Hanklite*

Don is going to let his brother take the credit for getting a deal done so Steve can be the new player negotiator.

Tra La La

Feb 13, 2003
Buffalo, New York
Buffalo News Sabres Beat Writer.
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington
Several folks saying answer to NHL talks is 64-game season within conference (6 g vs. division teams, 4 g vs. other two divisions). Fair.

Picking up the remainder of the original schedule doesn't work. Division and Conference game totals have to be equal to figure the playoffs.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I bet they find a way to save the WC if this ends this week. Just doesn't feel right that they can't revive it because they're half a week late

JG897

Oct 17, 2012
Winnipeg
I get the optimism after last night, but seriously you guys I don't think we need to be doing a back and forth discussing whether or not its possible to play in November or not. It's November 4th and this is the first time that we've actually seen actions from both sides suggesting this could be ending. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

dougieg93

Pray for Parayko
Jun 17, 2007
San Francisco, CA
They can fit a 70 game season with a December start, judging from the extra game per 4 weeks algorithm the NHL used for fitting an 82 game season in November.

Hanklite*

I bet they find a way to save the WC if this ends this week. Just doesn't feel right that they can't revive it because they're half a week late

Won't happen. Period. End of story.

To be fair, they needed to have a deal done in mid October to save it. That was a late cancellation

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
They better put up this time, I doubt the deal will get sweeter than this. Although, if you ask me, I would be more than happy to share double rooms for the CBA......as long as it comes with some cream fraiche.........

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Won't happen. Period. End of story.

To be fair, they needed to have a deal done in mid October to save it. That was a late cancellation

nah that one is easy to salvage (if the people want the money still, for the building).

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Cause Steve and Bill talked till 1AM yesterday, and said things were discussed and no setbacks. Will continue talking early this week(Tom or tues?)

Wasn't it closer to 2:30 with the extra hour gained by daylight savings time? Making it almost 11 hours of meetings?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If the talks today go well then could we see the NHLPA willing to agree a deal?

don't think they will, the meeting today is just the nhlpa doing a pep talk type meeting, and a little update to what the nhl means by them covering the make whole provision.

they still have minor major issues like contract lengths and ufa, and rfa that need to be worked out.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
don't think they will, the meeting today is just the nhlpa doing a pep talk type meeting, and a little update to what the nhl means by them covering the make whole provision.

they still have minor major issues like contract lengths and ufa, and rfa that need to be worked out.

Both sides have said that after a framework is worked out, the minor issues wouldn't take that long to finish

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If the talks today go well then could we see the NHLPA willing to agree a deal?

Hopefully that's what the PA call is about today. Letting everyone know that a decent deal CAN be on the table and what the conditions of it could be. If there are no major objections from the membership then I think a deal is likely this week.

Or we should say, an agreement. It will still take a while for the entire language of the CBA to be finalized, but once all the major details are agreed upon, the league can open for business, the players can come back and camps/games can start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad