Confirmed Trade: [DAL/LAK] Ben Bishop UFA rights for 2017 4th rounder (MTL's pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Kari used to be really good and peaked at, what the 11-12 to 12-13 seasons or so? Then he was arguably a top 5 goalie for a couple years. But he's just not good anymore any way you slice it.

93Crazed101

Apr 27, 2017
Greater Dallas
His confidence has been shattered since the Anaheim series 2013-2014. He could have a breakout season until the day he retires, but it is extremely unlikely.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
One of the best goalies available off the market (potentially). The Jets GM does realize his job is 365 days a year, right? And that his team needs to drastically improve or he is gone, right? What a clown

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Just me who think Bishop will hold out until he can listen to all offers? This will likely be his last deal. He gotta know that his body isn't made to flop around and bend his limbs the way does, hence why he gets injured every year and likely end his career one day.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Just me who think Bishop will hold out until he can listen to all offers? This will likely be his last deal. He gotta know that his body isn't made to flop around and bend his limbs the way does, hence why he gets injured every year and likely end his career one day.

He waived his NMC to go to Dallas. Why bother with all that if you aren't going to sign? There also aren't exactly a ton of teams lining up to give him $$$, term, starting position, and a chance to win.

Calgary - Wouldn't waive for them
Winnipeg - If he won't waive for the Flames, doubt he is crazy about the Jets
Vancouver - Same as the two above, except without any real chance of being a good team. Team desperately needs a real rebuild.
Flyers - Sure, maybe
Vegas - Don't really need him with draft targets available, also they aren't likely to be good for awhile

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

Like Dirty said, he waived to go to Dallas. He's already said he really likes Dallas. LA gave Nill permission to talk to Bishops agent and see what he was looking for.

Honestly it's just a matter of time at this point

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Well that's presumably the end of the Bishop to Vegas sweepstakes...

Now all Dallas needs to do is shore up their defence and they'll be set.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Nope he's says he's exited and I'm pretty sure he signs on Dallas for sure . On paper it is his best fit

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Stars TV analyst & a guy who isn't a definitive source, but has had inside info before tweeted this

If the AAV is less than 5 million, then 6 years isnt that bad.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sounds like Bishop took less money to go play for Dallas than he could have gotten as a UFA. Good for him. Or maybe his bad season brought down his like $7 million ask from the Flames from last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad