Confirmed Trade: [DAL/LAK] Ben Bishop UFA rights for 2017 4th rounder (MTL's pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Interesting. Will wait until it's confirmed.

Don't mind this at all. A 4th is meh, and we get to figure out what Bishop is looking for. Maybe we can get a reasonable deal for him now.

Hoping for 4 years or less. Honestly don't care about the cap hit.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

Official

Surprised to see him fetch less than Darling. Dallas seems to love overspending on goalies so we'll see how this goes

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Decent pull by LA for UFA rights.

If Dallas can get him signed it helps them a lot. Though I still look at their D corps and cringe a bit.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Right move by Dallas. Still need to get him signed and find a way out of their current galtending duo but huge step for that team to get back into playoff picture.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
this is perfect for Dallas if they can get it done... Dallas is one of the most impressive teams in the NHL yet always suck

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Flames fans do a collective throwing of chairs across rooms I'd expect?
MAF isn't a bad goalie, he's been very good these playoffs. But it's more of a matter of will this be the MAF you're buying if Bishop indeed does stick around in Dallas.

Dallas fans, expected price tag of Bishop? Does this make a Niemi/Lehtonen cap dump trade more likely?

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Yes!

Really happy the Flames aren't in on him. Dallas will overpay long term and Bishop will show that this season wasn't a fluke. Never go in long term for big bucks on a goalie after a bad season. Rule Number 1.

I'm actually happier now than I will be if the Flames get another goalie.

Last edited:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Doesn't Dallas have 2 goalies with significant (but not large) salaries? Are they going to buy one out or pay a team to get rid of one or what?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
MAF isn't a bad goalie, he's been very good these playoffs. But it's more of a matter of will this be the MAF you're buying if Bishop indeed does stick around in Dallas.

Dallas fans, expected price tag of Bishop? Does this make a Niemi/Lehtonen cap dump trade more likely?

Bishop seemed like the surest bet.

MAF kind of has the same doubts about him as Elliot did last year.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I saw MTL 4th and thought the Habs traded for him for a sec. I was really confused.

Not a bad deal given Darling's rights just got traded for a 3rd, though Bishop may be a tougher pre-July 1st sign.

Timani

I expect them to buyout Niemi and if they could move Kari without taking too big a hit, they would entertain that I expect.

Kari played pretty well down the stretch and played well a few years back with better defensive structure, so they might keep him around for the last year of his contract...see if he rebounds under Hitch.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Not this Flames fan.

I'm ecstatic. Dallas will overpay long term and be handicapped for a while when Bishop shows this season wasn't just an off year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad