Value of: D.Hamilton (CGY)

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Clearly you haven't watched him to make a comment like that. Go back and watch the game from last night against the Hawks and you'll see just what Dougie Hamilton can be. Nothing against Mark Stone, would love him in Calgary, but you can find a Mark Stone, players of Hamilton's package are rare. He is that good.

Do you know who Stone is? Are you honestly trying to say it is easy to find a guy who has lead the league in takeaways every year he has played. The guy had 51 more takeaways then second place(who had 77 total) last year. He is a amazing defensive forward who is young and able to put up 60-65 points(25 goals) a year.

Please tell me all these other Mark Stones laying around that you can get so easily.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Overall pretty happy with that Bruins trade looking back, Senyshyn, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Lauzon (Who has looked amazing but sadly dealing with concussion)

Emergence of Carlo makes it a lot easier to forget all about Hamilton too.

Dougie has had a slow start, I'm sure he will heat up as season goes on and hit the 30-40+ point mark. Wouldn't want him stuck playing sheltered #5 minutes though, think he has to transition to consistently playing top 4 minutes.

It would seem crazy for Flames to deal him after only 1 season and his contract but I guess if they thought he wasn't gonna be a fit, they would move on from him too...might as well wait till later in the season once he has settled in, start getting more points and get his value a little higher.

I may not like everything Sweeney does, but this one doesn't look so bad! Watching Forsbacka-Karlsson at BU, I think he is gonna be real good.

Sorry buddy, the Hamilton trade still looks beyond atrocious for the Bruins. But whatever makes you feel better I guess.

JVR for Hamilton + something small

JVR++ for Hamilton is more accurate.

These JVR offers keep getting more and more pathetic, and you can't even prop him up with his "great contract" anymore since he's a UFA in less than two years.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Pierre LeBrun on TSN 1040: “You heard Dougie Hamilton’s name out there this year. I don’t think it was the #Flames shopping him.” … “But I know that at least one team, for sure, phoned about his availability and it didn’t go anywhere.”

Like him in CGY, dont love him, yet. Optimistic i will soon. However, if a team was to blow Trelivings socks off, I could get behind it.

CGY's needs are a top line RW with some skill and size. Under 27 years old, 30 goals, 60 point, 100 hit kinda guy.

Who would it take to get 27 off the flames roster?

Ill start this mess of a thread by tossing out a few to piss some people off:

CGY: Hamilton,

OTT: Stone,

CGY: Hamilton, +

LA: Toffoli , Pearson

ARI: Duclair, Chychrun

What would the +'s have to be (picks?) , and are they on the right side of the deal ?

Go :popcorn:

Looooool, if he's available that means Calgary thinks he's not worth his contract, no chance any team's pay what you want for him. Right now he's a 5.750M bottom pairing dman for the worst defensive team in the league.

Stone/Toffoli for Hamilton, you kidding me? That's beyond horrible.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Looooool, if he's available that means Calgary thinks he's not worth his contract, no chance any team's pay what you want for him. Right now he's a 5.750M bottom pairing dman for the worst defensive team in the league.

Hamilton isn't available and isn't a bottom-pairing defenseman, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

It's honestly embarrassing how quickly HF turned on Hamilton.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Mark Stones don't grow on trees, come on people. He's right up there with Gaudreau and etc.

That being said, you can't trade defensemen for forwards and expect to improve your team. I might be the only one who thought NJ fleeced themselves this summer and I'm still fairly confident history will be on my side on that one. Hamilton is better than everyone thinks, it's just another Oiler-fan led witchhunt.

If he had to be traded it would be for a player who's more sound defensively but less talented or smaller. I'd bank on him being able to figure out the defensive zone details rather than downgrading from a giant with great offensive IQ.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014

Stone/Toffoli for Hamilton, you kidding me? That's beyond horrible.

He's definitely worth Toffoli. Toffoli + for sure. Maybe not a + like Pearson, but a +

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Pierre LeBrun on TSN 1040: “You heard Dougie Hamilton’s name out there this year. I don’t think it was the #Flames shopping him.†… “But I know that at least one team, for sure, phoned about his availability and it didn’t go anywhere.â€

Like him in CGY, dont love him, yet. Optimistic i will soon. However, if a team was to blow Trelivings socks off, I could get behind it.

CGY's needs are a top line RW with some skill and size. Under 27 years old, 30 goals, 60 point, 100 hit kinda guy.

Who would it take to get 27 off the flames roster?

Ill start this mess of a thread by tossing out a few to piss some people off:

CGY: Hamilton,

OTT: Stone,

LA: Toffoli , Pearson

ARI: Duclair, Chychrun

What would the +'s have to be (picks?) , and are they on the right side of the deal ?

Go :popcorn:

Lol good luck getting Duclair+Chychrun, Toffoli+Pearson etc... Think you Are overrating Hamilton quit a bit!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Hamilton isn't available and isn't a bottom-pairing defenseman, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

It's honestly embarrassing how quickly HF turned on Hamilton.

When rumors of a player pop up of the blue it's because the team started it (and is trying to gauge his market value), if Calgary was happy with Hamilton we wouldn't be hearing ANYTHING about him. Also Hamilton has been playing on Calgary's bottom pair recently.

Calgary isnt getting Toffoli/Stone type players for him, that's just laughable. If he does get traded HF is gonna be laughing at how little he fetches in return.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
When rumors of a player pop out of the blue it's because the team started it, if Calgary was happy with Hamilton we wouldn't hear ANYTHING about him. Also Hamilton has been playing on Calgary's bottom pair recently.

They're not getting Toffoli/Stone type players for him, that's just laughable. If he does get traded HF is gonna be laughing at how little he fetches in return.

See original tweet "I don't think it was the Flames that are shopping him".

He says Calgary isn't shopping him, and that one team asked about him and it went nowhere. How do you conclude that from what was said?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

That's exactly what was said about Subban, no point in talking about all this if Calgary "wasn't shopping him". It's just a politically correct way of saying they'd rather move him, they're listening to calls so they can trade him.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Those asking prices in the OP are absolutely insane :laugh:

I mean yes, if you're looking for a deal that blows Treliving's socks off, you've certainly come up with some...don't think they have much basis in the real world though.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

He says Calgary isn't shopping him, and that one team asked about him and it went nowhere. How do you conclude that from what was said?

Presumably because he needs something to be smug about? Maybe to make him feel better that his team traded PK Subban for Shea ****ing Weber? :laugh:

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
That's exactly what was said about Subban, no point in talking about all this if Calgary "wasn't shopping him". It's just a politically correct way of saying they'd rather move him, they're listening to calls so they can trade him.

Subban's situation is Subban's situation. Has no effect on this Hamilton tweet.

And exactly, there really is no point in talking about all of this.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Everytime I watch a flames game I am never impressed with dougie. That being said I only watch maybe 3-5 games a year of them.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Subban's situation is Subban's situation. Has no effect on this Hamilton tweet.

Sorry but where there's smoke there's fire, anywho i don't really care about what happens to him regardless. My personal opinion is that he's gonna get moved (mostly based on his play and his caphit). Could be this year, could be in the off-season.. we'll see what happens.

Presumably because he needs something to be smug about? Maybe to make him feel better that his team traded PK Subban for Shea ****ing Weber? :laugh:

Your saltiness never ceases to amaze me, you're so delusional. You always have a hidden agenda, keep at it and hold on to those internet grudges!! You expect me to start arguing with you like other Habs fans would because of the statement you just made? Sorry but i couldn't care less about you, move on with your life.

Last edited:

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
i dont see the leafs trading gardiner for hamilton. i definitely dont see them adding to gardiner to get hamilton.

Leafs need more defense, not less. I understand Calgary has same problem so a defenseman coming back is what they would be looking for Toronto-Calgary are bad trade partners.

I'd do Gards for Hamilton. They're similar players to be honest. Difference being Hamilton's a right handed shot and bigger (even though he plays like a marshmallow)

Gards + Sosh for Hamilton

Gardiner speaks for himself, Sosh is a pure shooter with an edge could be an ideal compliment for Monohan and Gaudreau. Hamilton is the RHD to play with Reilly. I mean he should've been ours anyways so in some way it just seems right don't it? :laugh:

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Sorry but where there's smoke there's fire, anywho i don't really care about what happens to him regardless. My personal opinion is that he's gonna get moved (mostly based on his play and his caphit). Could be this year, could be in the off-season.. we'll see what happens.

Your saltiness never ceases to amaze me, you're so delusional. Keep at it!

Neither of that is an issue for Calgary.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Those asking prices in the OP are absolutely insane :laugh:

I mean yes, if you're looking for a deal that blows Treliving's socks off, you've certainly come up with some...don't think they have much basis in the real world though.

I think people are assuming that i mean Toffoli + Pearson, but really it should be Toffoli or Pearson, but i think there would be a significant add to either of those guys. Same with Arizona

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Sorry buddy, the Hamilton trade still looks beyond atrocious for the Bruins. But whatever makes you feel better I guess.

JVR++ for Hamilton is more accurate.

These JVR offers keep getting more and more pathetic, and you can't even prop him up with his "great contract" anymore since he's a UFA in less than two years.

Sorry... buddy... but Hamilton wanted out. Under the circumstances, no one can fault Sweeney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad