Value of: D.Hamilton (CGY)

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
LMAO!!!! hfboards sucks....

"one team tried, there was a 0% chance of a trade. Also he isn't being shopped at all"

LETS MAKE PROPOSALS FOR HAMILTON RIGHT NOW

Haha, this is what hfboards is for, shooting the crap and having fun with proposals. An actual mature discussion would be nice, but being belligerent is cool too.

Y'all take yourselves too seriously as arm-chair GM's.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Haha, this is what hfboards is for, shooting the crap and having fun with proposals. An actual mature discussion would be nice, but being belligerent is cool too.

Y'all take yourselves too seriously as arm-chair GM's.

A hypothetical conversation is fine. But your title implies that there are actual conversations on going. When in fact, there are none.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
A hypothetical conversation is fine. But your title implies that there are actual conversations on going. When in fact, there are none.

Pierre LeBrun on TSN 1040: “You heard Dougie Hamilton’s name out there this year. I don’t think it was the #Flames shopping him.†… “But I know that at least one team, for sure, phoned about his availability and it didn’t go anywhere.â€

The title/opening qutoe implies there was atleast one conversation, and it ended with a no thanks from Treliving. My question was, what would it take for him to say yes. Very simple.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014

Also, please tell me your source that can definitely say that "When in fact, there are none." Where are your facts coming from ? Link ? Source? None of us know jack-****, so dont act like you do.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Pierre LeBrun on TSN 1040: “You heard Dougie Hamilton’s name out there this year. I don’t think it was the #Flames shopping him.†… “But I know that at least one team, for sure, phoned about his availability and it didn’t go anywhere.â€

The title/opening qutoe implies there was atleast one conversation, and it ended with a no thanks from Treliving. My question was, what would it take for him to say yes. Very simple.

Once again, the OP is fine. But the title implies different. This is HF after all, where everyone is going to read that title, ignore the OP, and jump to "Hamiltons available!!!"

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Once again, the OP is fine. But the title implies different. This is HF after all, where everyone is going to read that title, ignore the OP, and jump to "Hamiltons available!!!"

read the title slowly and tell me where I imply anything "different"

Title : TSN: Radio 1040: Team(s) calling on D.Hamilton (CGY)

I then quoted Lebren ( saying on TSN 1040 Radio), that atleast one team called about D.Hamilton.

Im not sure where the implications are?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Hamilton is not good. When Brodie was hurt last year the Dougie had to play tough minutes and it was a dumpster fire

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
read the title slowly and tell me where I imply anything "different"

Title : TSN: Radio 1040: Team(s) calling on D.Hamilton (CGY)

I then quoted Lebren ( saying on TSN 1040 Radio), that atleast one team called about D.Hamilton.

Im not sure where the implications are?

Well right off the bat, the (s), implies more than one team. And your OP contradicts that.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hamilton is not good. When Brodie was hurt last year the Dougie had to play tough minutes and it was a dumpster fire

Hamilton was horrible for the first 15 games last year while learning Hartley's "system". Don't get it twisted, he was very good the rest of the season.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Well right off the bat, the (s), implies more than one team. And your OP contradicts that.

“But I know that at least one team, for sure, phoned about his availability and it didn’t go anywhere.â€

God i hate flames fans...

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
“But I know that at least one team, for sure, phoned about his availability and it didn’t go anywhere.â€

God i hate flames fans...

One team.

No need to hate, you wondered why people took offense to your thread, I answered :laugh: salt.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Hamilton was horrible for the first 15 games last year while learning Hartley's "system". Don't get it twisted, he was very good the rest of the season.
Don't get it twisted. He sucked because he had to play 21+ minutes a night.

Last night was probably the Flames best game of the season and the Dougie barely played; coincidence? Other factors in play of course but he's a 2nd pairing defenseman at best

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Don't get it twisted. He sucked because he had to play 21+ minutes a night.

Last night was probably the Flames best game of the season and the Dougie barely played; coincidence? Other factors in play of course but he's a 2nd pairing defenseman at best

Actually, if you actually knew what you were talking about, you'd know that Dougie struggled at the beginning of the season, had his role reduced for a bit and bounced back to average 20+ mins a night, scoring 40 pts and being our 3rd best dman.

Considering we got decent goaltending, and our team finally looked to be playing to their system, I think those had a way bigger factor in the game. And yah, right now he's behind Brodie and Gio, what's your point?

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Hamilton

For

Gardiner +

The question is what is the plus?

Imo is fair

i dont see the leafs trading gardiner for hamilton. i definitely dont see them adding to gardiner to get hamilton.

Leafs need more defense, not less. I understand Calgary has same problem so a defenseman coming back is what they would be looking for Toronto-Calgary are bad trade partners.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
For the Flames. It would be a Trouba/Hamonic situation. We'd need what Hamilton is in return, a young top 4 dman with potential. Either Wideman severely declining and soon to be gone, and Gio getting older, we'll need someone to be the guy offensively and ride shotgun with Brodie.

It doesn't make sense to trade him, or trade for him right now.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Hamilton is just starting to break out now and is starting to finally throw his weight around... what incentive do we have in trading him. He's part of the long term plan along with Brodie, Monny, Gaudreau, and Bennett

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Is Hamilton that good?

Clearly you haven't watched him to make a comment like that. Go back and watch the game from last night against the Hawks and you'll see just what Dougie Hamilton can be. Nothing against Mark Stone, would love him in Calgary, but you can find a Mark Stone, players of Hamilton's package are rare. He is that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad