Value of: D.Hamilton (CGY)

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
It's like you didn't read what I posted. I'm an "advanced stats" guys, but even then I don't like HeroCharts because they leave out all context. Without context advanced stats are absolutely useless. Hamilton was phenomenal in his final year in Boston he ate up tough minutes, murdered his possession stats and was still able to produce at a high clip. Last season he shifted from playing harder minutes to playing relatively easy minutes (Brodie and Giordano ate the hard minutes up) despite that Hamilton still bled goals against, his possession numbers dropped and his production dropped. I said he was relatively bad, meaning he was bad compared to his previous seasons. I think Hamilton at this point is a 2/3 with 1B potential, but to suggest he wasn't underwhelming relative to previous seasons is just wrong.

It's like you simply have no understanding of how different the two situations are. On Boston, he paired with Chara, a defensive beast in a defensive system that no doubt would help out with advanced stats, which you say you are all for.

On Calgary he was relied upon to carry his own pairing for the first time, on a team that had no defencive system!! We bled goals because our coach can motivate, but can't adapt, create systems, or piece together adequate lines/pairs, (wow what a sideways move we did with coaching this year...) and had two goalies that couldn't stop a damn beach ball on top of that.

As for harder minutes, it's not insanely different on the second pairing as a 3 than on the first pairing as a 2. Our coach figured he wouldn't get as much special teams time as freakin Engelland and Wideman. If he had the pp time of Wideman, he would have hit 50+ and other fans wouldn't even try to bash him. (Never mind, as a Karlsson fan I know that's wrong).

'Relative' to past situations, And including a decidedly crappy start, I'd say Hamilton did pretty damn good.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
As many people said, doubt Treliving is gonna sell low on Dougie considering he traded for him a year ago.. Has he had a bad start? Sure. I bet he picks it up though

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I don't agree at all, at that certain point of their careers I'm fairly sure Chara benefited more with playing with Hamilton than vice versa, and their WOWY stats confirm of such. Hamilton was simply excellent for Boston in 2014/2015 when he was on the ice (playing against other teams top players) they were a 56% possession team when he wasn't they were a 49% possession team. The only dman that season who played that season who shared similar possession results in similar deployment were PK Subban and Mark Giordano.

Sure he didn't have the same QOT on the ice but his QOC dramatically decreased too, personally in much easier minutes I absolutely expected Hamilton to do better. If your expectation was for him to put up worse offense, worse defense, worse possession stats and get scored on more than the previous year than sure you're right he didn't have a bad season, if it wasn't than you should be siding with me.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Dougie will figure it out and become a very, very good player. D just take a little longer because their mistakes are magnified.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
You think HF is bad? Check out Facebook.
I got onto HFboards when China started blocking 1/2 of the internet.
There was actually at least a year where HFboards were blocked and at the time Facebook hadn't been blocked (Yet) so I went onto Facebook for my hockey fix and holy cow... that was just nuts.

Conversations on HF can get a we bit nuts at times but they're better in every way than the bigger Facebook groups.

If this were Facebook "One team tried" would have been there and the rest of the message would have been cut off.

Thanks for being awesome, HF.

And as for Hamilton :naughty:

Wouldn't he look great in Coper'N Blue? As long as we're not giving up much more than what Calgary paid for him, of course. :sarcasm:

Why would China block Hfboards lol?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad