Czechs in North America

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Zadina with 2+2 oh yeah!! He is going for ppg pace next season I am telling you :D :D
After a very long time, i saw Zadina again in the highlights. It was very pleasant to repeat how a shot horse would probably skate. His jerky creations are truly original:laugh:

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Zadina with 2+2 oh yeah!! He is going for ppg pace next season I am telling you :D :D
The shitty thing is that most that watch him agree that he works his ass off. He tries so hard and it just isn't going in for him. Even the Wing's fans that hated him say he was trying.lol

We were talking about the other Czechs in the other thread and my big fear is that this generation is the next Necas, Chytil, Kaut, Zadina and Hajek. I was positive that was the start of a 'bronze generation' for us. Now I'm not sure they'd win us a Skoda. 1 succeed (Necas), 1 succeeded and got hurt (Chytil) and the rest are tweeners.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
The shitty thing is that most that watch him agree that he works his ass off. He tries so hard and it just isn't going in for him. Even the Wing's fans that hated him say he was trying.lol

We were talking about the other Czechs in the other thread and my big fear is that this generation is the next Necas, Chytil, Kaut, Zadina and Hajek. I was positive that was the start of a 'bronze generation' for us. Now I'm not sure they'd win us a Skoda. 1 succeed (Necas), 1 succeeded and got hurt (Chytil) and the rest are tweeners.
We just have to hope that the principle of probability will work here as well. Now there are far more of those really promising players.
But one thing is certain. No other nation has such a bad percentage of success in terms of prospects who successfully made it to the NHL. Everyone else is much better off. The Germans had a few players high in the draft and they are almost successful in the NHL, the Swiss the same, the Slovaks actually now too. We are the only exception..

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
We just have to hope that the principle of probability will work here as well. Now there are far more of those really promising players.
But one thing is certain. No other nation has such a bad percentage of success in terms of prospects who successfully made it to the NHL. Everyone else is much better off. The Germans had a few players high in the draft and they are almost successful in the NHL, the Swiss the same, the Slovaks actually now too. We are the only exception..
Finn's had a lot of busts. JP, Honka and Juolevi come to mind.
German's.. only 3 are being successful right now.. Stutzl, Seider and Peterka (Drai was from a different grouping)
Swiss have had, what, 4 guys drafted in the last 5 drafts? 1 first rounder?
Slovaks - let's give it a few years to see how they do and I hope they all make it. Slaf is kiling it and so is Nemec!

I think the Czechs routinely have more guys drafted than those 3 nations combined. I'd rather our situation than theirs to be honest.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Finn's had a lot of busts. JP, Honka and Juolevi come to mind.
German's.. only 3 are being successful right now.. Stutzl, Seider and Peterka (Drai was from a different grouping)
Swiss have had, what, 4 guys drafted in the last 5 drafts? 1 first rounder?
Slovaks - let's give it a few years to see how they do and I hope they all make it. Slaf is kiling it and so is Nemec!

I think the Czechs routinely have more guys drafted than those 3 nations combined. I'd rather our situation than theirs to be honest.
I write about highly drafted players. In addition to those players, the Germans had high Bokk. No one else.
The Swiss have not had anyone high recently, but before that Hischier, Fiala, Meier, all three applied. You do understand that I'm writing about the success percentage of highly drafted players, right?
The Slovaks have two players out of three, and Mešár still has everything in front of him. Unlike most of our players that are discussed here.
I found it completely unnecessary to write about the Finns, they have disproportionately more better players in the NHL.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I write about highly drafted players. In addition to those players, the Germans had high Bokk. No one else.
The Swiss have not had anyone high recently, but before that Hischier, Fiala, Meier, all three applied. You do understand that I'm writing about the success percentage of highly drafted players, right?
The Slovaks have two players out of three, and Mešár still has everything in front of him. Unlike most of our players that are discussed here.
I found it completely unnecessary to write about the Finns, they have disproportionately more better players in the NHL.

Feel free to break it down... Last 5 drafts are 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020 and 2019.

How many first rounders have Germany had in last 5 drafts and how many are succeeding?
How many first rounders have the Swiss had in the last 5 drafts and how many are succeeding?
How many first rounders have the Slovaks had in the last 5 drafts and how many are succeeding?
How many first rounders have the Finn's had in the last 5 drafts and how many are succeeding?

4 nations and 5 drafts.

Reactions: Bijelo

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Feel free to break it down... Last 5 drafts are 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020 and 2019.

How many first rounders have Germany had in last 5 drafts and how many are succeeding?
How many first rounders have the Swiss had in the last 5 drafts and how many are succeeding?
How many first rounders have the Slovaks had in the last 5 drafts and how many are succeeding?
How many first rounders have the Finn's had in the last 5 drafts and how many are succeeding?

4 nations and 5 drafts.
So you don't understand. Once again. I don't write about all players.
You're trying to tell me how I don't have an overview of the number of drafted players?
Are you having a really bad day? Or were you annoyed by a joke directed at Zadina?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
So you don't understand. Once again. I don't write about all players.
You're trying to tell me how I don't have an overview of the number of drafted players?
Are you having a really bad day? Or were you annoyed by a joke directed at Zadina?
You said highly drafted players.. I asked for a list of them in the last 5 years. I assume highly drafted means round 1. So list them...

Is most recent 5 years not fair?

Is first round not 'highly drafted'?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
You said highly drafted players.. I asked for a list of them in the last 5 years. I assume highly drafted means round 1. So list them...

Is most recent 5 years not fair?

Is first round not 'highly drafted'?
I wrote that if other nations have had high draft players recently, almost all of them applied. Unlike Czech players.
Have I written high profile players in the last five years? :laugh:

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I wrote that if other nations have had high draft players recently, almost all of them applied. Unlike Czech players.
Have I written high profile players in the last five years? :laugh:
Is last 5 years not recent? What is recent to you?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
But the funny thing is that the debate has been held here many times in a similar sense. Our players are unsuccessful for various reasons. And suddenly you have a huge problem with this. I suspect that an innocent joke has caused you more than is healthy;)

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Rittich and Mrazek won games in the NHL yesterday... that is a nice bonus to this season. Rittich is .919 after 15 games and is absolutely killing it. Saving LA's season right now. Dostal got destroyed but so did Gibson... Leafs ANHILATED Anaheim last night. Vladar did well in a relief.

Lot of mid season rankings are out in the propsects section... Badinka is consistently a riser and very close to round 1 or in round 1. Seems to be landing often in the 25 to 40 range. Imagine 2 Czech D in round 1? Jiricek hasn't really dropped. He's in the 15 to 25 range on almost every list.

Guys like Jecho, Curran, Galvas and Fibigr are all over the place but seem like sure bets to be drafted.

Necas has heated up!

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

This will be interesting.. is the plan to bring him up, put him with plugs and 8 minutes?

His 2 way contract expires this season. Curious if that means

1. return to Europe
2. PTO
3. they resign him to a 1 way contract
4. another team resigns him

I don't know what more he could've done to get more NHL looks to be honest. Hope it pans out but am highly skeptical.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Interesting .. its Blesk.cz so you have to take it with a grain of salt. Also I am not very convinced about this guy that much, look like another Hajek type of player lol.

I want Oliver Bonk cmon!

Reactions: czech and Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Interesting .. its Blesk.cz so you have to take it with a grain of salt. Also I am not very convinced about this guy that much, look like another Hajek type of player lol.

I want Oliver Bonk cmon!
Bonk already helped us eliminate Canada... He is one of us.

I want Fischer!

He must be better than Hajek.. they started on the same farm team. One is in the NHL and one is in extraliaga.lol.

Reactions: martygod12

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Zadina is now tied for fifth in sharks scoring. It's a pathetic list but he is in the top 6 for points.

Rittich continues to kill it. He's really helping LA right now.

Vladar was outstanding in the BOA last night.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Zadina is now tied for fifth in sharks scoring. It's a pathetic list but he is in the top 6 for points.

Rittich continues to kill it. He's really helping LA right now.

Vladar was outstanding in the BOA last night.
Zadina is currently going for his career high in points in a single season :D ... Seriously though, I think he will add couple more sesasons in NHL, he is not great, but he is a solid bottom 6 player.

On the more depressing note .. counting with injuries also, there is currently ONLY 13!!! czech on field players in the NHL right now ...

Bonk already helped us eliminate Canada... He is one of us.

I want Fischer!

He must be better than Hajek.. they started on the same farm team. One is in the NHL and one is in extraliaga.lol.
Both Fisher and Bonk please :D ... Maybe but Hajek is not a high bar to cross imo .. still any D playing in the NHL is golden for us in current situation, so if there is a chance I say probably go for it.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Zadina is currently going for his career high in points in a single season :D ... Seriously though, I think he will add couple more sesasons in NHL, he is not great, but he is a solid bottom 6 player.

On the more depressing note .. counting with injuries also, there is currently ONLY 13!!! czech on field players in the NHL right now ...

Both Fisher and Bonk please :D ... Maybe but Hajek is not a high bar to cross imo .. still any D playing in the NHL is golden for us in current situation, so if there is a chance I say probably go for it.
The bar is low for sure... Looks like we won't be seeing jiricek due to AHL playoffs.

Having said that... This is the best d core I think we will have in awhile. Gudas, Rutta, galvas, Kral, Kempny and Hajek is probably what they are seeing. Still got knot, tichacek. Masin and now Ludvig.

For our low d standards.. it looks promising to my eye.

The forwards will be the problem.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Anyone has premium there? I would like to know what he is saying about or youth guys .. from the headline it seems like another unnecessary thrashing in the time when we probably have the biggest talent pool in the last 20-25yrs lol.

Also I wouldnt say Ludvig is some "player we don't have" .. he barely plays in NHL and doesn't really stand out in AHL either. Seems like Hájek, Zboril quality at best. Which I guess is still good in our current D situation, but nothing groundbreaking

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Anyone has premium there? I would like to know what he is saying about or youth guys .. from the headline it seems like another unnecessary thrashing in the time when we probably have the biggest talent pool in the last 20-25yrs lol.

Also I wouldnt say Ludvig is some "player we don't have" .. he barely plays in NHL and doesn't really stand out in AHL either. Seems like Hájek, Zboril quality at best. Which I guess is still good in our current D situation, but nothing groundbreaking
I don't but I wanted to know what the rest of the articles says too!lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad