Czechs in North America

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Jiricek healthy scratch today .. is he really playing that bad? I dint catch a game with him yet, but his numbers are underwhelming ... I think it would be really helpful for him if they give him some PP time where he can put to use that killer slapshot he has

But expected more from him tbh, hopefully he will he better next season

Reactions: Czechboy

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
He's not physically ready for it yet. People look at his 6'4" profile and expect a physical beast but he's still very lanky for his size, especially his lower body. He should be spending the year in the AHL imo, so he'd get premium minutes and much better opportunity to train off-ice every week.

But for what it's worth, he's having a good year for a 20 y.o. on a dumpster fire team. His play has been up and down from what i've seen so far - he looks brilliant in one game and then struggles in the next 2 games. Him getting some time off is not bad imo, Anaheim did the same with Carlsson...the 82 games schedule can get overwhelming for these kids, especially when they're on bad teams.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1705244872671.png

I think it's going really well for Jiricek. Not many players his age in the league (Quant isn't always accurate on the exact age so some of these may be off).

I would've been fine if he was in the AHL getting PP and PK opportunites as they only play him 5 on 5. Agree about more time to train and get physically stronger. Still, he is in very rare air. They've been benching him about every 10th game all season. I think they are developing him well and he is usually paired with a very good Dman too! My only fear is the inevitable teenager injury as I want him at the World's (which would also be tremendous experience for him as he'd be top 4 for us).

On a sidenote.. really happy for Nemec. Sounds like he's been awesome!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Seems like a fun excercise for Czech fans

Plus - Jiricek, Rutta, Gudas and Hronek are all getting great Top 4 looks
Rittich, Mrazek and Patera all having good seasons
Dostal finally getting established as a stud
Pasta top 5 in scoring usually
Hronek top 5 in D scorring usually
Zohorna has somewhat maintained a regular gig (should get 60 games?)

Minus
Kulich shouldn't be in the AHl anymore
Blumel shouldn't be in the AHL anymore
Necas
Zadina
Voracek
O.kase
F. Kral
J. Galvas
J. Zboril
L. Hajek
Not being invited to that bullshit 'world cup'

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018

Seems like a fun excercise for Czech fans

Plus - Jiricek, Rutta, Gudas and Hronek are all getting great Top 4 looks
Rittich, Mrazek and Patera all having good seasons
Dostal finally getting established as a stud
Pasta top 5 in scoring usually
Hronek top 5 in D scorring usually
Zohorna has somewhat maintained a regular gig (should get 60 games?)

Minus
Kulich shouldn't be in the AHl anymore
Blumel shouldn't be in the AHL anymore
Necas
Zadina
Voracek
O.kase
F. Kral
J. Galvas
J. Zboril
L. Hajek
Not being invited to that bullshit 'world cup'

Blumel and Kulich should be playing in NHL without any execuse, and Blumel should be asking for a trade. Blumel is burried in depth chart behind Stankoven and Bourque and Kulich is not playing because of incompetent sabres management. In Buffalo Skinner, Thompson, Tuch and Olofsson are out, please for god's fcking sake, grow some balls and give him a chance!

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Blumel and Kulich should be playing in NHL without any execuse, and Blumel should be asking for a trade. Blumel is burried in depth chart behind Stankoven and Bourque and Kulich is not playing because of incompetent sabres management. In Buffalo Skinner, Thompson, Tuch and Olofsson are out, please for god's fcking sake, grow some balls and give him a chance!
All of this

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Klapka got about 8 minutes in the Battle of Alberta. As always, no one will be successful in the NHL playing less than 10 minutes. When guys get 'opportunity' like this it is very hard to stick. I suspect he was brought in for the Battle of Alberta because he is Jack Reacher's size.lol

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Raska has also gotten in 4 games... all below 9 minutes.

To be honest, it continues to go really poorly for the Czech forwards this year. Only 9 guys with 10 points at the halfway point. So many bad things happening.

Jiricek back to AHL too!

If you want good news... Rittich is killing it!

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

This is brutal.. are we about to lose another very good player?

In the last 2 years.. Voracek, Kase, Vrana, kaut, galvas, Hajek, Simek, Kral, Krejci, Zboril, francouz and now Chytil?

Zadina may be done in NHL too.

These are either established players or first/second rounders not planning out.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

This is brutal.. are we about to lose another very good player?

In the last 2 years.. Voracek, Kase, Vrana, kaut, galvas, Hajek, Simek, Kral, Krejci, Zboril, francouz and now Chytil?

Zadina may be done in NHL too.

These are either established players or first/second rounders not planning out.

Brutal luck with our NHLers, but you know what? I am not even mad, considering the resurgence our youth is going through. Maybe we can get to a point where we don't rely on few talented individuals like Chytil or Zadina making the most of their talent, and have a deeper pool, like Finland for example, instead.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Last 9 games Dobes has a 2.55 gaa and .913%, compared to his season total of 3.37 .894.

He, along with the team have been playing much better and Dobes has been really strong for Laval at times when they needed it.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Last 9 games Dobes has a 2.55 gaa and .913%, compared to his season total of 3.37 .894.

He, along with the team have been playing much better and Dobes has been really strong for Laval at times when they needed it.
Mysak picking up too!

I find with prospects... Year long stats are not always accurate. As long as they are improving then things are good.

Dobes is probably years away if ever but I do think he is a very good goalie prospect. Czech goalies are on the rise for us. Not sure if Vezina ones though.

Mysak I still hope becomes a bottom 6er but it's not looking the best.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Brutal luck with our NHLers, but you know what? I am not even mad, considering the resurgence our youth is going through. Maybe we can get to a point where we don't rely on few talented individuals like Chytil or Zadina making the most of their talent, and have a deeper pool, like Finland for example, instead.
Definitely the dream and feels like we have that potential right now. Our results against Finland at the youth level have been encouraging too.

But, right now, there is this weird gap between our future prospects and current NHL ones.

Hoping it is the calm before the storm!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Mysak picking up too!

I find with prospects... Year long stats are not always accurate. As long as they are improving then things are good.

Dobes is probably years away if ever but I do think he is a very good goalie prospect. Czech goalies are on the rise for us. Not sure if Vezina ones though.

Mysak I still hope becomes a bottom 6er but it's not looking the best.
Yeah, I don't know if it actually had to go with Xhekaj, part Czech, or the team just figured things out, but they've pretty much all stepped up.

Mysak is looking more and more confident out there from the Laval games I've been able to catch.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, I don't know if it actually had to go with Xhekaj, part Czech, or the team just figured things out, but they've pretty much all stepped up.

Mysak is looking more and more confident out there from the Laval games I've been able to catch.
Yup. Xhekaj, bonk and Fischer all eventially making their way to the NHL and not playing for us does not make me mad at all.lol

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he is done.

Reminds me of Khaira or Kase. A routine shoulder check and he's out.

Hope I'm wrong.. not a doctor ... Huge fan but it sounds awful. I really felt he was on for a huge year as his trajectory was looking fantastic.
I think he's done for the season. Not enough time to ramp back up, unless this ends up being very minor.

Career? Too early to say. He's only 24, and he didn't suffer some terrible hit to finally knock him out or presumably any hit to cause this. Just some complications from skating and working out on-ice with no contact. Some players need extra time to clear those hurdles. We hear about this because it happened in front of people, but players deal with complications all the time in working their way back from concussions. Not every player who hits one has their career ended by it.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think he's done for the season. Not enough time to ramp back up, unless this ends up being very minor.

Career? Too early to say. He's only 24, and he didn't suffer some terrible hit to finally knock him out or presumably any hit to cause this. Just some complications from skating and working out on-ice with no contact. Some players need extra time to clear those hurdles. We hear about this because it happened in front of people, but players deal with complications all the time in working their way back from concussions. Not every player who hits one has their career ended by it.
One... No. But he was also knocked out of the skodas in spring. And Voraceks last concussion was definitely not a big hit..nor was kases. But hope does last.

Reactions: Goodman68

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How is a player in a no-contact jersey doing battle drills? Terrible supervision. Coach who allowed this should be fired on the spot.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad