Czechs in North America

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
But its really encouraging to see the czech guys getting contracts and its not even the end of the season.

Its Szturc, Ivan, Chmelar and Suchanek already. I think Hrabal, Becher, Rymon, Melovsky, Cibulka, Spunar have good chances for a contract too this or next year.

Maybe some guys from the draft will be signed also .. Jiricek, Jecho, Badinka? Maybe

From Europe Tichacek and Rychlovsky have a pretty great chance for the contract too. But maybe even Najmam, Flynn, Pavlat (even Kavan although he is maybe too young) have a chance too. Maybe even Tomasek? Spacek?

Cmon lets just keem em coming. More and more, we have to brute force the guys getting out of NHL/AHL with the ones getting in lol.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
But its really encouraging to see the czech guys getting contracts and its not even the end of the season.

Its Szturc, Ivan, Chmelar and Suchanek already. I think Hrabal, Becher, Rymon, Melovsky, Cibulka, Spunar have good chances for a contract too this or next year.

Maybe some guys from the draft will be signed also .. Jiricek, Jecho, Badinka? Maybe

From Europe Tichacek and Rychlovsky have a pretty great chance for the contract too. But maybe even Najmam, Flynn, Pavlat (even Kavan although he is maybe too young) have a chance too. Maybe even Tomasek? Spacek?

Cmon lets just keem em coming. More and more, we have to brute force the guys getting out of NHL/AHL with the ones getting in lol.
Hrabal has to be a 💯.

14 guys from the silver U20 now! That has to be near an all time high for us?

Agree... I know a lot of these guys aren't future hall of gamers but the more guys signing the more chances of NHLErs and we need at least ten more full time.

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Hrabal has to be a 💯.

14 guys from the silver U20 now! That has to be near an all time high for us?

Agree... I know a lot of these guys aren't future hall of gamers but the more guys signing the more chances of NHLErs and we need at least ten more full time.
Yeah I say lets brute force it with the pure probability lol. If we have 40-50 guys in the AHL at least some of them have to make it

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah I say lets brute force it with the pure probability lol. If we have 40-50 guys in the AHL at least some of them have to make it
And I've seen the argument on here... these types won't win us gold. I agree but the more NHLer's the better our chances. I'll take 20 NHLer's over 10 NHLers and 10 guys that came to NA, tried in AHL and returned home. And that includes some of my all time favs like Spacek (signed for 2 more years in Switzerland btw), David Kase, Masin and Musil. So many tweeners I want to scream.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Patrik Stefan's boy just signed with my oilers... Normally I'd be happy but the nationality is US.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Also, jiricek got the call back up. Not sure if a real transaction or not. In fine with him getting heavy minutes in AHL and finishing season out there. To be honest, I'd rather Zboril got the NHL look over him.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Patrik Stefan's boy just signed with my oilers... Normally I'd be happy but the nationality is US.
Damn another one lol. Who is it now from the top of my head? Hejduk, Bonk, Fisher, Stefan?

I know it makes sense since all of them live in US/Canada basically their whole life, but it still suck lol.

Also, jiricek got the call back up. Not sure if a real transaction or not. In fine with him getting heavy minutes in AHL and finishing season out there. To be honest, I'd rather Zboril got the NHL look over him.
Hopefully he can get some proper chance this time. Also hope Kulich could get some games at the end of the season.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Damn another one lol. Who is it now from the top of my head? Hejduk, Bonk, Fisher, Stefan?

I know it makes sense since all of them live in US/Canada basically their whole life, but it still suck lol.

Hopefully he can get some proper chance this time. Also hope Kulich could get some games at the end of the season.
Pivonka is another one. Technically, we couldn't have had the Klima's either. Now we can because they played Extraliga for 2 years but you have to be an NHL bust to be eligible for our NT.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Curious if Parik gets himself into the conversation for NHL again? He was our first Czech taken a few years ago by LA.. it didn't go well, ECHL and such and now I think he is a UFA (I could be wrong).

Might be a similar path Vejmelka who was drafted, never came over and it expired. Then he came over later as a UFA and killed it.

Parik does seem promising and has great size. OR he had a lucky playoff run. Either way, he may have put his name back on the radar from the improving Czech goalie school.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

In case anyone was wondering what happened to Simon Kubicek.lol

Enjoy the Change Liga.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Some good news... hope it goes well and he can acclimitize well, get a good off season regimen and see how it goes.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Probably not a big chance he is gonna make it in the NHL, but still we need also those long shots. As I said brute force it lol. If we have 50guys in the AHL at least some has to make it :D

Btw Jiricek played for the Jackets tonight

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Probably not a big chance he is gonna make it in the NHL, but still we need also those long shots. As I said brute force it lol. If we have 50guys in the AHL at least some has to make it :D

Btw Jiricek played for the Jackets tonight
Jiricek got 12 minutes and I think he concussed the starting goalie on his team.lol

That is actually awesome news.

I agree with the notion that we need more 'difference makers' like Pasta and that will get us back to prominence but I'd be fine with about 15 bottom pair D and Bottom 6 players as well!

He seems raw and promising with the size and its' great that he's a Czech D. More of those in AHL the better! I agree with the brute force.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Plus there are also rumours about Tomasek signing in NHL. If true this could be interesting. Guy is 28 it would be interesting to see if he can still make it and squeeze a couple seasons.

Then of course Tichacek and Rychlovsky. they are I would say 80-90% likely to sign NHL contract soon.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Plus there are also rumours about Tomasek signing in NHL. If true this could be interesting. Guy is 28 it would be interesting to see if he can still make it and squeeze a couple seasons.

Then of course Tichacek and Rychlovsky. they are I would say 80-90% likely to sign NHL contract soon.
Tichacek is still eligible for the NHL draft, can't sign with anyone till then.

Dominik Pavlat has also been rumored to have some NHL interest.
And I can't believe I am saying that, but Daniel Vozenilek could be a 'shocker' signing, dude can't skate, but he's such an interesting player and has made astonishing progress over the last couple years.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Tichacek is still eligible for the NHL draft, can't sign with anyone till then.

Dominik Pavlat has also been rumored to have some NHL interest.
And I can't believe I am saying that, but Daniel Vozenilek could be a 'shocker' signing, dude can't skate, but he's such an interesting player and has made astonishing progress over the last couple years.
Voženílek must be in the team. It's strange, he's not really a good skater, but he has an instinct to be in the right place, he wins a lot of battles for the puck at the goal post, he's assertive and goes in front of the goal, where many czech players don't want to go. A player in the decisive moments of matches.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jenik got the call!

And he's at 5 minutes after 2 periods.lol

Another player I absolutely loved that I'm guessing is back in Europe very soon! I think he'll have a Michael Spacek like return. I'll never fully get why it didn't work out or why he only gets 7 minutes when he does get the call. He was a second tier guy but I thought he was better than Lauko who is gutting out NHL games (also limited minutes but he's in the NHL). Rousek may end up being the best NHLer of those 3.lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Jenik got the call!

And he's at 5 minutes after 2 periods.lol

Another player I absolutely loved that I'm guessing is back in Europe very soon! I think he'll have a Michael Spacek like return. I'll never fully get why it didn't work out or why he only gets 7 minutes when he does get the call. He was a second tier guy but I thought he was better than Lauko who is gutting out NHL games (also limited minutes but he's in the NHL). Rousek may end up being the best NHLer of those 3.lol
I would also add Blumel to this group. I always thought it like this with the NHL chances of this little group: Blumel > Jeník > Rousek > Lauko

Well it's exactly the opposite lol

• Haha

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I would also add Blumel to this group. I always thought it like this with the NHL chances of this little group: Blumel > Jeník > Rousek > Lauko

Well it's exactly the opposite lol
Lauko is the biggest fighter out of the four players, he was never a player for the first two lines, unlike the rest who are better players in terms of hockey. And as a player for the fourth line, he is ideal.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Zadina healthy screatch..? In SJ..?:rolleyes: He should definitely get a chance in the preliminaries, but damn Filip.. I personally won't be surprised if he misses the nomination.. I was once convinced that he would be the star of the league.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Zadina healthy screatch..? In SJ..?:rolleyes: He should definitely get a chance in the preliminaries, but damn Filip.. I personally won't be surprised if he misses the nomination.. I was once convinced that he would be the star of the league.
I thought he was injured? Nonetheless, its' not going well! Gets a few points, then 8 games without any, then a few points. Not consistent. I'll cheer to the end but I think we are near the end.lol

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I thought he was injured? Nonetheless, its' not going well! Gets a few points, then 8 games without any, then a few points. Not consistent. I'll cheer to the end but I think we are near the end.lol
I did not find anywhere that he should be injured.. It is usually written on Livesport. So he probably didn't really make the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad